accelerometer (screen auto rotate) stops working after custom rom!

Guest johny1332

Guest rjm2k
the kernel is from the softbank 003z rom, released 15th March 2011, it's the latest 2.2 kernel we have.

was that a source release? if so do you have a link to it?

thanks

Guest danik248

Could you do the same for GEN1? The sensors only work on 2.1-update1 Build OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10. Can I flash the Swedish Spring RLS4b and then flash the boot.img from 2.1-update1 Build OUK_P729BV1.0.0B10?

Guest psycho84

Is there some similar fix for GEN1 phones? It is pretty annoying, and i noticed it just a few days ago (i have my blade for 5 days now and for 3 days I have a custom rom).

Thank you all in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aristos20
WE HAVE SOLUTION for autorotate sensor (accelerometer) and compass!!!!! ONLY FOR GEN2

install swedish spring with newest clockwork!!! and let it boot normally...

and then download this kernel.... http://box.h-3.org.uk/boot.img

put it in your sdcard

then go to market and download "terminal emulator" and write this >>>>

su

cd sdcard

flash_image boot boot.img

reboot

and ZADAAAAAAAAAAMMMM every sensor is working like new

I have the same problems, the sensors not working at all, the rotation, the light sensor, the compass, stop working - I belive after I install the GEN2.

So I follow this steps and my ZTE Blade is stop booting at all :unsure: - stops at the android logo.

In my ZTE I have GEN2, and the last night build cm_blade_full-70.zip .

My mobile says. Android Ver: 2.3.4, Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-pefhcdrjacob@giovanni #2, Build Number GRj22, and Mr Pigfish says that I have Gen2

Then I remove the battery and restart by pressing the down button, and gets into the recovery console and make a full restore and be back on previous stage.

Edited by Aristos20

Guest mELIANTE
I have the same problems, the sensors not working at all, the rotation, the light sensor, the compass, stop working - I belive after I install the GEN2.

So I follow this steps and my ZTE Blade is stop booting at all :unsure: - stops at the android logo.

In my ZTE I have GEN2, and the last night build cm_blade_full-70.zip .

My mobile says. Android Ver: 2.3.4, Kernel Version 2.6.32.9-pefhcdrjacob@giovanni #2, Build Number GRj22, and Mr Pigfish says that I have Gen2

Then I remove the battery and restart by pressing the down button, and gets into the recovery console and make a full restore and be back on previous stage.

Nighty70 doesn't have the sensors function.

Guest drobson67

Installed N70 and accelerometer is not working even though its on in settings, have gone back to N64 and all is well now.

Auto rotation broken in CM7 between nightly 70 and 71. Not fixed in nightly 72.

Gets stuck on landscape.

Before someone jumps at me, I know this has been covered in the Nightly thread but I thought it might be the same problem that is plaguing these other ROMs.

Edited by VJJ

• 1 month later...
Guest Metroid_Maniac

Has anyone tried this with CyanogenMod 7 nightly 105? I don't want to go to Swedish Spring, I love my gingerbread.