Tethering vega by using android phone (newby)

Guest Nick1964

Guest Nick1964

First of all, I am dyslectic, I can't use keywords so easy.

Tried to find it here but no luck.

Is there a way to use my android phone's internet connection to connect the internet with the vega ?

I tried the wireless tether, but can't solve it out ..

Normally at home I have no problems,I use my own network.

But when I am on my way, there are almost no open networks in the Netherlands.

So when I visit someone, I always have to ask them, may I have your wireless password please ?

Is there a way, wireless or by usb cable, to use my HTC Hero's 3G connection to connect to the internet ?

Can someone point me in the good direction ?

Guest peter a
First of all, I am dyslectic, I can't use keywords so easy.

Tried to find it here but no luck.

Is there a way to use my android phone's internet connection to connect the internet with the vega ?

I tried the wireless tether, but can't solve it out ..

Normally at home I have no problems,I use my own network.

But when I am on my way, there are almost no open networks in the Netherlands.

So when I visit someone, I always have to ask them, may I have your wireless password please ?

Is there a way, wireless or by usb cable, to use my HTC Hero's 3G connection to connect to the internet ?

Can someone point me in the good direction ?

on the last upgrade to android 2.2 my htc wildfire installed install a app called hotspot , which I use.

It turns your phone into a wifi access point.

Guest trevor432990

If the hotspot tip above does not work then you could try following the numbered instructions in this topic just remember to change the adb instructions to start 'adb-windows' rather than just 'adb' if you have used default location for Modaco downloads. :)

Guest Nick1964
on the last upgrade to android 2.2 my htc wildfire installed install a app called hotspot , which I use.

It turns your phone into a wifi access point.

To bad, that app is not included on my HTC Hero 2.2 android... I tried it with the wireless tether but that says that not all the component could be installed,it needs root access..

Guest phil8715
To bad, that app is not included on my HTC Hero 2.2 android... I tried it with the wireless tether but that says that not all the component could be installed,it needs root access..

Mmm that's strange I thought all handsets with Android 2.2 Froyo running had the portable WIFI hotspot.

It also depends which network you are with. I know Tmobile and Giffgaff don't allow any kind of tethering.

Guest peter a
Mmm that's strange I thought all handsets with Android 2.2 Froyo running had the portable WIFI hotspot.

It also depends which network you are with. I know Tmobile and Giffgaff don't allow any kind of tethering.

Just thinking if you can`t take it, from a phone which as it.

Guest WelshPhil

The latest Fyro 2.21 has wifi hotspot as a widget, tried on my wife's Wildfire and it works well, and is pretty dam quick

Edited by WelshPhil

Guest Lennyuk

The hero can't run wifi-hotspots like that, it can only create ad-hoc networks.

You can tether a hero to the vega, lots of people do it.

what rom is your vega on? you may need to flash a wpa_suppliment to get it to see ad-hoc networks.

Guest simonta

Cough, cough. I feel embarrassed correcting Lenny :)

wpa_supplicant is what you need. I think all of the custom ROMs now include it but you can find in on here, just search for wpa_supplicant.