Problem Installing OpenVPN in Emulator

Guest AllTimeProgramming

Guest AllTimeProgramming

Hello,

I am a newbie in Android development. I wnat to install OpenVPN in my emulator and run it. I use Android 2.3.3 with Eclipse. I found couple of sites which has the steps to install the files. From those am referring the following sites :

http://chengdu110.wordpress.com/2010/08/14...android-device/

http://android.modaco.com/content/software...vpn-on-android/

I am facing couple of problems. From 1st site, I can't copy busybox to system/xbin folder. I get no access, permission failure, etc such messages. Am stuck at this point and thus can't proceed ahead. In Part 2 also need to access /system/lib/ where again problem comes.

In site 2, same cannot access /system/lib or /system/bin folder. Even I can't mount like this : ADB shell mount /system

Command mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system from site 1 was successful.

Even I face problems with cp cmd. Just cp libcrypto.so libcrypto-orig.so doesn't work. I got to give "/system/lib/libcrypto.so cp libcrypto.so libcrypto-orig.so" this format only it copies. Though in the above case "Permission denoed" occured for system/lib. But this foramt worked while copying busybox file.

Can anyone help me with the permission to system folders /xbin, /lib, /bin. Why is mounting required ? Why I am not able to mount directly as mount /system; I need to give full command mount -o rw, .... -t .... /system. I am not sure what all to give in the "..." place - had just copied it from site 1.

Any help, guidance is highly appreciated. I use Eclipse DDMS and Android emulator 2.3.3. Am stuck up badly and almost whole day am trying to figure out things, but n success :) . Kindly help me out.

Thanks