low on space warning

Guest dbaseii

Guest dbaseii

I keep getting a warning that i'm low on space.

I have deleted most of my apps but still have only 56mb free.

Is there an app to show me whats taking up space.

Theres a program for windows called foldersizes that does this

Is there something similar for android?

Guest worto03

goto menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > sort by size

you have probably just got one or two big apps that you can (hopefully) move to the SD card.

edit - I had to do this on my phone but it should be pretty much the same on the vega I've just not got it with me at the mo. The games tend to take up a lot of space and are usually easily movable.

Edited by worto03

Guest dbaseii
look into using link2sd ( you need an ext partition on your sd card)

I have used the applications manager but the total size off all the apps dont add up to the amount of storage i'm missing.

I might resort to doing a full wipe and install

Guest Zebrahead
I have used the applications manager but the total size off all the apps dont add up to the amount of storage i'm missing.

Be careful using A2SD, I dont think it works with BuzzKernel, you may encounter issues.

As for the low space, is it internal or external memory?

If you're low on SD space, just clear things from your SD card.

If you're low on internal memory, then consider using the "clear data" function on applications that are too big (this can be seen in the settings->applications menu).

Other than that, you could do some general system partition cleanup (not for faint hearted).

I believe the git information was left in the root directory in one of the updates. This means you'll have a /.git folder. You should be able to safely remove this as it is only version control software for devs. Other than that, I think there's a /data/tombstones directory? This contains logs of crashed apps and can get quite large. Removing this can also be done safely unless you need the logs.

Please feel free to post/pm if you have any further concerns,

Zeb ^^

Guest mintvilla

also how much internal memory do you think you have? as remember the operating system and cache partition takes up a decent chunk or the 512mb rom, we have around 300mb of internal storage.

have you downloaded apps2sd? lets you know of all your apps which ones you can put onto the sd card.

Guest Zebrahead
also how much internal memory do you think you have? as remember the operating system and cache partition takes up a decent chunk or the 512mb rom, we have around 300mb of internal storage.

have you downloaded apps2sd? lets you know of all your apps which ones you can put onto the sd card.

---- In case it's blurred in the above posts ----

As far as I know, if you're currently using the BuzzKernel, a2sd doesn't work at present. Yo/u may experience some trouble if you try.

From the Buzz thread, I believe it is coming with the next update.

Zeb

Guest dbaseii
---- In case it's blurred in the above posts ----

As far as I know, if you're currently using the BuzzKernel, a2sd doesn't work at present. Yo/u may experience some trouble if you try.

From the Buzz thread, I believe it is coming with the next update.

Zeb

Solved.

did a backup from the clockwork menu. Then full wipe. Finally dld a restore

got loads of space back