Don't shoot me, I'm only a noob ;-)

Guest adamsharpe

Guest adamsharpe

Hi everyone.

Got my Vega a couple of weeks ago and lurked on here, until now...

Have got Pauls r8 mod and loaded vega tools 3 this morning, mainly for the cwm. When i went to install, it said it was already on the vega, so i rebooted and held the power button and, lo and behold, it started with the recivery menu.

BUT, when i try to access any of the options, the "press on the power button" doesnt seem to do anything.

Am i doing sonething wrong, or do i have to do/install anything else?

Also, is there an easy way to move the cursor back, up or down to correct any spelling errors (used to the "trackball" type control on the HTC Desire?

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Adam.

Guest premieral
Hi everyone.

Have got Pauls r8 mod and loaded vega tools 3 this morning, mainly for the cwm. When i went to install, it said it was already on the vega, so i rebooted and held the power button and, lo and behold, it started with the recivery menu.

BUT, when i try to access any of the options, the "press on the power button" doesnt seem to do anything.

Also, is there an easy way to move the cursor back, up or down to correct any spelling errors (used to the "trackball" type control on the HTC Desire?

Many thanks.

Adam.

entered by mistake sorry :)

Edited by premieral

Guest El Nino9
Hi everyone.

Many thanks.

Adam.

err i dont know how i can help with the recovery, i would try reflash the recovery with the instructions given in pauls clockworks post. but you could try press the button harder when trying to select it.

but for the issue with the cursor thing, there is a notion adam ink keyboard available at XDA

now i dont have this device but i installed nearly all the apps from that thread on a friends vega. the browser was a bit tricky to use at first but got to the different UI though he has said dolphin works better than stock and notion adams browser. he loves the keyboard as did i, very easy to type. also the canvas program on there is amazing for a little doddle for kids heck even grown ups.

hope to have helped

Guest clive_j
err i dont know how i can help with the recovery, i would try reflash the recovery with the instructions given in pauls clockworks post. but you could try press the button harder when trying to select it.

but for the issue with the cursor thing, there is a notion adam ink keyboard available at XDA

now i dont have this device but i installed nearly all the apps from that thread on a friends vega. the browser was a bit tricky to use at first but got to the different UI though he has said dolphin works better than stock and notion adams browser. he loves the keyboard as did i, very easy to type. also the canvas program on there is amazing for a little doddle for kids heck even grown ups.

hope to have helped

I think it's quite odd that most keyboards don't provide cursor keys for easy correction of typos or am I the only one who makes mistakes?

The NI Keyboard is OK - especially for the cursor keys - however I am not keen on the white layout and would prefer predictive text etc. Does anyone know of a keyboard that has those facilities?

Can't help with the other matter - sorry

CJ

Guest adamsharpe

hope to have helped

Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply.

CWM is now working ok.

Couldn't see how to get the Notion Ink keyboard onto the Vega, but not too keen on the design of it, so that looks like the next item to research on here. :)

Guest Zebrahead
so i rebooted and held the power button and, lo and behold, it started with the recivery menu.

Hey,

Regarding your recovery problems,

By held the power button, do you mean power and back? Or any other key combination? to enter recovery mode? (In the same way as you would maybe with a Desire?)

As far as I know, the VEGA bootloader does not support key combinations to enter recover (or at least the key combination is not know), and so what may look like recovery mode may not actually be recovery mode.

I'm not too sure how I can explain what you are seeing, I was under the impression that you'd get a "Black screen of death" if you attempted to keycombo into recovery (maybe this has been patched? Although the bootloader has not been changed within my knowledge.... Maybe you did something to change it with "VEGA Tools"?)

As far as I know, the only way to boot into recovery is through using Pauls recovery booting app.

I take it you're seeing this CWM screen at present, does a hard reboot load android as expected?

Zeb

Guest Zebrahead
Thanks for the prompt and helpful reply.

CWM is now working ok.

Couldn't see how to get the Notion Ink keyboard onto the Vega, but not too keen on the design of it, so that looks like the next item to research on here. :)

And with respect to the keyboard, I personally use NI keyboard and can recommend it (after searching for ages for one with arrow buttons). The only other suggestion I can make is that I think (don't hold me to it), that certain better keyboard pro? (or similar name) layout has arrow key support.

Good luck,

Zeb ^^

Guest stoolzo
And with respect to the keyboard, I personally use NI keyboard and can recommend it (after searching for ages for one with arrow buttons). The only other suggestion I can make is that I think (don't hold me to it), that certain better keyboard pro? (or similar name) layout has arrow key support.

Good luck,

Zeb ^^

The power button does nothing until you have chosen something in CWR, to get into CWR as you know you boot into it from android itself, you cannot get into it using any button combinations (as already stated). Once in CWR you use the volume buttons to navigate as you do on most Phones.

Guest Zebrahead
The power button does nothing until you have chosen something in CWR, to get into CWR as you know you boot into it from android itself, you cannot get into it using any button combinations (as already stated). Once in CWR you use the volume buttons to navigate as you do on most Phones.

Yup, I'm aware that the power button is used for accepting the current selection.

I was just wondering whether you had managed to boot into some description of corrupt recovery mode through a common key combination.

Glad it all worked out ^^

Zeb

Guest adamsharpe
Yup, I'm aware that the power button is used for accepting the current selection.

I was just wondering whether you had managed to boot into some description of corrupt recovery mode through a common key combination.

Glad it all worked out ^^

Zeb

Thanks for all the advice. Have installed the NI keyboard and so far so good....

Adam.