PC cannot recognise my external sd card

Guest julian shew

Guest julian shew

I've encounterd a problem for my PC cannot recognise my external SD card when I tried to connect my optimus 2x to PC through USB, it's a Sandisk 16G class 2, when connected, my PC can only show the internal one. I've also tried another Kingston 4G class 4 SD card, it's normal, my PC can show both internal and external, anyone have the same problem?? any solution?

P.S. I've searched this problem in other forum, seems all 16GB SD card have same problem

Edited by julian shew

Guest bobseven
P.S. I've searched this problem in other forum, seems all 16GB SD card have same problem

I have 16 GB Kingston card in mine and it works fine. No idea what it does but I had to set Settings - SD Card - Mass Storage Only option to make drives show up on my computer.

Guest julian shew
I have 16 GB Kingston card in mine and it works fine. No idea what it does but I had to set Settings - SD Card - Mass Storage Only option to make drives show up on my computer.

I've already tried that option before, but still the same. What Class is yours?

• 1 month later...
Guest wc326

i have the same issue.

after installing my new 32GB c10 Mircosd card , and when mounting the device thru usb . My computer only shown one internal Drive, and external drive does not show up(altho it works and able to be detected inside the LG 2x device.)

But when i install my old class 2 8gb samsung offical sdcard it works.

any idea?

Guest jon.m.knight

had the same issue, seemed to resolve itself after the 2nd or 3rd time I formatted the card from within the android settings menu.

Guest mankian

never had that problem either, only thing I can suggest is make sure your formatting to FAT32 with a 32kb block/sector size. or just use the phone menu to format.

Guest wc326
never had that problem either, only thing I can suggest is make sure your formatting to FAT32 with a 32kb block/sector size. or just use the phone menu to format.

confirm formating the sd card with the phone got my card working when mounting to PC thru usb.

thanks alot