dont do what i did

Guest beat44

Guest beat44

Hi,

Downloaded and installed the modcom 7 ( I think) had everything working fine for a couple of days (very nice rom). I decided to try my external hardrive with some new mp3 software again, so switched my vega over from host with the switcher, it rebooted but did not pick up the external hardrive, so I thought something must have gone wrong, so I pressed the button to change from host again with the external hardrive still plugged in, when the vega rebooted it would not start, it doesnt even show the "booting" word, just the light blue screen that you get at the start and stays there. Any ideas how to get this thing going again.

Thanks,

Craig

Guest simonta

Try this

Edit install-windows.bat (you might find Notepad++ does a better job than Notepad). Copy this line

adb-windows.exe shell /data/mcr/flash_image boot /data/mcr/boot.img

Create a new batch file with just this line in the same directory. Ensure that USB Debugging is turned on and that your Vega is plugged in to your PC.

Run the new batch file.

Sorted?

Guest Zebrahead
Hi,

Downloaded and installed the modcom 7 ( I think) had everything working fine for a couple of days (very nice rom). I decided to try my external hardrive with some new mp3 software again, so switched my vega over from host with the switcher, it rebooted but did not pick up the external hardrive, so I thought something must have gone wrong, so I pressed the button to change from host again with the external hardrive still plugged in, when the vega rebooted it would not start, it doesnt even show the "booting" word, just the light blue screen that you get at the start and stays there. Any ideas how to get this thing going again.

Thanks,

Craig

I cant tell from your post exactly what kernel you're running right now, but it sounds like you've flashed a host kernel (in moving into host mode), and this has messed up your booting.

In changing host/slave, you flash the boot partition, thus, if the two images do not match up (instruction-wise), you wont be able to boot host (if slave is aligned correctly).

What you need to do to fix this is to reflash the slave boot image. This will allow you to boot as you did before switching to host mode.

To do this,

- download the stock 1.09 update

- rename .exe to .rar

- extract it

- open a cmd prompt (windows_key + r, type in cmd)

- navigate to the file in which you extracted the update using the cd command, ie `cd C://users/whatever/Downloads`

- run `./nvflash -w --bl ./bootloader.bin --download 7 slave.img --go` where slave.img is the slave kernel you wish to flash. This can be downloaded from the BuzzVega kernel thread

It should work from here.

Good luck, feel free to reply/pm for more info ^^

Zeb

Guest Zebrahead
Try this

Edit install-windows.bat (you might find Notepad++ does a better job than Notepad). Copy this line

adb-windows.exe shell /data/mcr/flash_image boot /data/mcr/boot.img

Create a new batch file with just this line in the same directory. Ensure that USB Debugging is turned on and that your Vega is plugged in to your PC.

Run the new batch file.

Sorted?

This will also work.

This is probably an easier method. This will return you to your slave kernel.

You should then install the BuzzVega kernel, this will allow you to safely switch to host/slave mode.

-----

Using the method stated in my post will bypass flashing your old slave image, and go straight to the BuzzKernel.

Zeb