Moving apps to SD card?

Guest Bobby Elliott

Guest Bobby Elliott

Is it possible to move apps from internal memory to the SD card? I don't see a built in app for this but I know there are some in the Market.

Edited by Bobby Elliott

Guest Zebrahead
Is it possible to move apps from internal memory to the SD card? I don't see a built in app for this but I know there are some in the Market.

When running r8 (NOT BuzzKernel), you should have the link2sd app, this just requires you to create an ext2 partition which allows you to move app data to the sd card.

I repeat, it won't work if you're on BuzzKernel at present (you can revert to a non-Buzz kernel).

Good luck,

Zeb

Guest peter a

Try app 2 sd free

Or just use :- setup >> applications >> manage applications >> the app to move >> move to sd card

Guest Zebrahead
Try app 2 sd free

Or just use :- setup >> applications >> manage applications >> the app to move >> move to sd card

This should free up some space. This only moves (typically) a small amount of the actual app data however. If the issue persists, it may be advisable to consider a non-Buzz kernel with a2sd

Zeb

Guest thwacker
When running r8 (NOT BuzzKernel), you should have the link2sd app, this just requires you to create an ext2 partition which allows you to move app data to the sd card.

Yes. I second that suggestion. I understand that link2SD will move more applications that any other such utility. You can create the ext2 partition on your SD card with Clockworkmod Recovery - backup the contents of your SD card first. This is what I used and it worked like a charm. Others recommend 'EASEUS partition master home edition' which is freeware.

Make sure to reboot your Vega after creating the ext2 partition.

Guest Zebrahead
Does app2sd or link2sd work with CM7?

As CM7 uses buzz kernel, it will not.

You do have the option to switch to a previous kernel in order to re-enable this ability, but then you lose perks of BuzzKernel.

Zeb

Guest shrubbery
As CM7 uses buzz kernel, it will not.

You do have the option to switch to a previous kernel in order to re-enable this ability, but then you lose perks of BuzzKernel.

Zeb

Didn't realise that CM7 used Buzz's kernel on the Vega. Does this mean that NTFS is also supported and automounted out of the box?

Guest Zebrahead
Didn't realise that CM7 used Buzz's kernel on the Vega. Does this mean that NTFS is also supported and automounted out of the box?

If it is under Buzz's kernel, then I'd imagine so. I have not tried it personally however.

Zeb