HTC April 2011 Launch Event - LiveBlog

Guest PaulOBrien

Well, it's the 12th April 2011 and HTC have something special in store for us! What is it? Well, there have been plenty of Sensational rumours... but come 1:30 PM today (BST), all will be revealed!

We'll be covering the event with a liveblog, so keep it locked to this page this afternoon for full coverage provided by myself and Matt from tracyandmatt!

See you later! :)

P

htcwhatsnext.png

Guest DanWilson

I'll watch this. Just need to hope my connection doesn't flake out. Or my laptop. I always struggle to watch YouTube on this thing...

Perhaps the Pyramid? Since the Flyer has been announced, and up for pre order?

Guest ...GeForce...

htcpyramidbackfrontsideg1.jpg

Vodafone leaked it out

4.3 inch qHD SLCD display

8MP back and 1.2MP front facing cameras

1.2GHz dual-core processor

4GB internal memory 8GB SD card

Guest cliche guevara

This phone looks like the one I've been holding out for since my HTC Magic gave up the ghost last September and I switched to a Blade.

Just a couple of points need confirming:

What's the RAM? most rumours say 768mb but I'd have thought a brand new flagship device should be 1gb?

What's the battery power? Hopefully substantially better than the Desire HD, at least 1500mAh.

What are the dimensions? The casing looks slightly bigger than the Desire HD but same sized screen.

Guest JamesKing

So it has a better resolution screen than Desire HD or samsung Galaxy S2, but less RAM, no NFC, larger than S2, less powerful battery...

Hm. Decision making is hard but I think I'll stick with the Samsung Galaxy S2.

Oh - and the screen technology is not as good, and it doesn't have such a good front facing camera! (my most important camera - video calling!)

Edited by JamesKing

Guest cliche guevara

Wirefresh are claiming this is 1gb RAM, contradictory to what Paul posted on the live blog minutes ago...

Fascia: Gorilla Glass toughened

Dimensions: 126.1 x 65.4 x 11.3 mm

Weight 148g:

Battery: 1,520 mAh battery

Connectivity: HSPA/WCDMA, quadband GSM, WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0, a 3.5mm headphone socket and a microUSB port with MHL support for HDMI output (using a special dongle).

Features: GPS/AGPS, a gyro, G-sensor, digital compass, proximity sensor and ambient light sensor

Camera: 8-megapixel camera with autofocus and a dual-LED flash on the back, VGA front-facing camera for video calls

Video: 1080p Full HD video capture complete with stereo sound

OS: OS is Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread running latest iteration of HTC Sens

More: http://www.wirefresh.com/htc-sensati...dual-core-cpu/

Gorilla Glass is good news :)

Battery better than the DHD but nowhere near the Atrix and still below the Galaxy S II

Slightly larger, but lighter, than the DHD.

• 2 months later...
Guest walkershane123

Excitement still hasn’t worn off. Definitely getting one of these on launch day, even if it involves paying for one upfront with actual physical money. :) :rolleyes:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.