Additional Power Supply Options for the Vega?

Guest gingertips

Guest gingertips

So Im looking for a way to keep my vega topped up at work & also an option for when Im travelling...

I thought about buying a dock, but 1.it doesnt come with a power supply & 2. theres no stock!

Are there any other options, apart from dragging my vega power supply wherever I go?!

Guest peter a
So Im looking for a way to keep my vega topped up at work & also an option for when Im travelling...

I thought about buying a dock, but 1.it doesnt come with a power supply & 2. theres no stock!

Are there any other options, apart from dragging my vega power supply wherever I go?!

The vega power supply doesn`t look like anything special , Just looks like a standard 12 volt , 1 amp power supply to me , It`s just plugs and polarity you have to get right.

Guest Dave Marchant
The vega power supply doesn`t look like anything special , Just looks like a standard 12 volt , 1 amp power supply to me , It`s just plugs and polarity you have to get right.

Following recommendations elsewhere, I have just bought a couple of multi-voltage PSU's from Argos and they work fine. Come with range of adaptors and one of them is the right fit.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...t%3EVOLTAGE.htm

Not much use if you are not in the UK though.

Guest peter a
Following recommendations elsewhere, I have just bought a couple of multi-voltage PSU's from Argos and they work fine. Come with range of adaptors and one of them is the right fit.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/part...t%3EVOLTAGE.htm

Not much use if you are not in the UK though.

I`ve found in the past that if you use the polarity wrong , it can be bad for your health breathing in all that gray electrical smoke which comes from it.

Edited by peter a

Guest simonta

No worries, there's a large margin built in to these things. If the Vega actually drew an amp, you'd know about it. Would be good as a hot plate.

Guest Gavjbrown
No worries, there's a large margin built in to these things. If the Vega actually drew an amp, you'd know about it. Would be good as a hot plate.

Ok, thanks I didnt know that.

The Argos charger is quite poor in my opinion. Where the plug end fits in to the cable, its quite loose and can easily fall out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest shameful

Just thought Id add for anyone else that needs the information. The centre of the input jack on the Vega is positive and the outer edge is negative.

I found lots of info on the forum saying the polarity needs to be right but no one seemed to actually say definitively which it was.

To help a little bit more I've taken a photo of how I set up my masterplug from Argos. Instructions nearly caught me out. In the instructions the writing is upside down on the plug compared to the diagram showing which way to do positive or negative.

post-815838-1303759698_thumb.jpg

Edited by shameful

Guest dbaseii
Just thought Id add for anyone else that needs the information. The centre of the input jack on the Vega is positive and the outer edge is negative.

I found lots of info on the forum saying the polarity needs to be right but no one seemed to actually say definitively which it was.

To help a little bit more I've taken a photo of how I set up my masterplug from Argos. Instructions nearly caught me out. In the instructions the writing is upside down on the plug compared to the diagram showing which way to do positive or negative.

i dont think you can damage the vega iif you get the polarity wrong, which is what i did. it just doesnt power up. most modern electronic gadgets have a diode on the power socket to prevent muppets from doing stupid things with the power supply.