I hear it's <not> possible to brick the vega.....

Guest adamsharpe

Guest adamsharpe

....but I feel I might have done.... :)

Had 1.09 running and then Paul's latest Modaco Rom.

Today I thought I'd try Cyanogen....

Today I installed 2.3v2 (I think) using CWM but didn't like it....

So reinstalled previous from backup on CWM and all ok.

Thought I'd try latest C7 2.3v3(??) BUT, whemn I installed it I don't think I cleared all caches before and after installing.

So now when I turn the Vega on I get the Cyanogen bootscreen, followed by the Honeycomb boot screen (installed with Modaco Rom) and it just carries on with the Honeycomb screen.

Can't even press Back/Home/Back to get to CWM!!!!

HELP?!?!

:)

Guest madmerlin

I had done a similar thing while messing around with roms, i would get the honeycomb boot as normal then it would continue at a very dim brighness. Anyways you can still put the vega into recovery mode. its the 2 seconds back, 2 seconds power and back, 2 seconds back. I find it useful to have it plugged into computer so i know when it is in recovery mode - it comes up in device manger as the wierd thing that needs the special driver from thier own website.

But once there you can stick another rom onto it or even go back to 1.09 then use any Nandriod backup or do other roms.

Always BACKUP !! lol

Guest adamsharpe

Thanks, but.....

I have backed up my previous setup (that I want to go back to) but cannot get back to recovery....

Have done the twosecond Back and then twosecond Home (with Back) and then twosecond Back button presses, but nothing.

Have tried this also with the Vega plugged in to PC, get the notification sounds, but nothing else....

????

Guest madmerlin

if it is in recovery mode and you are using their driver so windows can communicate, then you should be able to use the 1.09 exe file to put stock firmware back onto your vega. Use with caution

Guest adamsharpe

Again, thanks, but I'm not getting into recovery mode from off. I'm not getting anything.

BUT, if I connect the Vega to the PC and do Back, Home and Back and Home, when I get to the Home and Back section, the PC makes a noise, but doesn't register anything connected.

I have looked on the PC and adb is there.

Next step, any ideas....

Guest mintvilla
Again, thanks, but I'm not getting into recovery mode from off. I'm not getting anything.

BUT, if I connect the Vega to the PC and do Back, Home and Back and Home, when I get to the Home and Back section, the PC makes a noise, but doesn't register anything connected.

I have looked on the PC and adb is there.

Next step, any ideas....

your struggling with the concept i think i struggled with the first day i got my vega (and did exactly the same thing you did... on my 1st none the less lol)

what i found out is that even though you put the clockwork recovery onto your vega, the 3 button combo doesnt take you to the clockworkmod recovery, like it would on normal android phones ( i duno why, and its mega annoying but am not going to complain)

the 3 button combo takes you to the vega recovery - those folks at advent/pov - whoever made out vega's decided that the vega recovery, the screen will remain blank, so that theres no clue that your in recovery.

what you need to do is put the vega into the vega recovery with the 3 button combo - then reflash the stock firmware, i use vega tools to do this, download vega tools 3.0 if you havnt already, and then you need to install the recovery drivers off the myadventvega website. with those recovery drivers installed you can just click install stock 1.09 from vega tools, this then restores the stock rom, then again using vega tools, you can reinstall clockwork mod and the vega reboot app. reboot back into clockworkmod and reinstall your back up - i had to do this last night too, i know its more long winded but once you have the recovery drivers set up its acutally pretty quick to do.

Guest adamsharpe

So that could explain the notification noise at the second two second press.....

Luckily I have VegaTools etc on PC :)

BUT, when I try to use it to get the v1.09 firmware it first of all says that the download has completed then displays a window saying that it is downloading, but nothing is happening.....

Sorry....

????

Guest Zebrahead
....but I feel I might have done.... :)

Had 1.09 running and then Paul's latest Modaco Rom.

Today I thought I'd try Cyanogen....

Today I installed 2.3v2 (I think) using CWM but didn't like it....

So reinstalled previous from backup on CWM and all ok.

Thought I'd try latest C7 2.3v3(??) BUT, whemn I installed it I don't think I cleared all caches before and after installing.

So now when I turn the Vega on I get the Cyanogen bootscreen, followed by the Honeycomb boot screen (installed with Modaco Rom) and it just carries on with the Honeycomb screen.

Can't even press Back/Home/Back to get to CWM!!!!

HELP?!?!

It's not possible to brick the vega.

How confident are you in fixing? There's a long way, and an harder (kinda) way.

The long easy way :

Reinstall 1.09, from the myadventvega website. This will give you the stock rom, from here, you can install CM7.

The easier way :

Extract the backup from your SD card and reflash it.

Then clear caches and install CM7

Zeb

Guest adamsharpe
It's not possible to brick the vega.

How confident are you in fixing? There's a long way, and an harder (kinda) way.

The long easy way :

Reinstall 1.09, from the myadventvega website. This will give you the stock rom, from here, you can install CM7.

The easier way :

Extract the backup from your SD card and reflash it.

Then clear caches and install CM7

Zeb

But I cannot seem to get my PC or VegaTools to recognise that the Vega is plugged in....

Guest cheesy25
But I cannot seem to get my PC or VegaTools to recognise that the Vega is plugged in....

I have had the same problem, I find sometimes it workswith power plugged in and sometimes without

Guest mintvilla
So that could explain the notification noise at the second two second press.....

Luckily I have VegaTools etc on PC :)

BUT, when I try to use it to get the v1.09 firmware it first of all says that the download has completed then displays a window saying that it is downloading, but nothing is happening.....

Sorry....

????

sorry was having my dinner. try going to the myadventvega website, and download the stock rom that way, it comes as an exe file and you just should have to click on it and it should start the recovery process so long as the vega is in recovery mode, ( and it is impossible to brick it, you can always get it into recovery mode, the harder part is making sure the usb recovery drivers are installed)

also try with it plugged into the power source, i think it mentions that on the offical website, and make sure its turned off, press the power button for 6 , 7 8 seconds. make sure its defo off then try the 3 button combo.

Guest mintvilla
sorry was having my dinner. try going to the myadventvega website, and download the stock rom that way, it comes as an exe file and you just should have to click on it and it should start the recovery process so long as the vega is in recovery mode, ( and it is impossible to brick it, you can always get it into recovery mode, the harder part is making sure the usb recovery drivers are installed)

also try with it plugged into the power source, i think it mentions that on the offical website, and make sure its turned off, press the power button for 6 , 7 8 seconds. make sure its defo off then try the 3 button combo.

also with vega tools it did that with me, i deleted it, and made sure all the resource files were deleted from the programme files list, then redownloaded it.

Guest adamsharpe

Finally managed to get the Vega into recovery and got v.1.09 onto it by using the exe file.

So now all I have to do is use VegaTools to re-install CWM and return to my back-up.

Thanks for the support and help guys.....

Guest mintvilla
Finally managed to get the Vega into recovery and got v.1.09 onto it by using the exe file.

So now all I have to do is use VegaTools to re-install CWM and return to my back-up.

Thanks for the support and help guys.....

yep thats all you have to do now, and least you know what to do when you do a badword up lol

no worries, glad its all sorted in time for the footie!

Guest carlx

I've had a simular thing happen i've installed a romm and i am getting stuck on the green Adroid thing is when i try recovery combo the vega just keeps rebooting one minuet it's there next it's gone so i can't do any kind of reinstall any ideas please?

Guest mintvilla
I've had a simular thing happen i've installed a romm and i am getting stuck on the green Adroid thing is when i try recovery combo the vega just keeps rebooting one minuet it's there next it's gone so i can't do any kind of reinstall any ideas please?

yeah, same rules apply, just switch it off - hold the pwer for 8 seconds then do the 3 button combo to put it into recovery - remembering that when in recovery the screen stays blank so its very hard to even tell if youve put it into recovery.

once in recovery reinstall stock rom, and start afresh

Guest simonta

Everybody seems to miss the easy trick. As others have stated, the screen remains blank in recovery. To know that you are in recovery (and also that the drivers are installed correctly) just open device manager and watch what happens when you plug the Vega in.

If you see APX, with an exclamation mark, you are in recovery but the drivers are not loaded. If you see NVidia Harmony Recovery Device, you are in recovery and the drivers are OK. It the Vega backlight is off, and nothing happens in device manager when you plug it in, it's switched off :)

Cheers

Guest carlx

Thanks some how i managed to get to recovery installed the drives from the advent site and reinstalled 1.09, now i know that it is possible to get back to square one i'll try a custom rom again.

Guest mintvilla
Thanks some how i managed to get to recovery installed the drives from the advent site and reinstalled 1.09, now i know that it is possible to get back to square one i'll try a custom rom again.

good to hear, you can always make a back up as well, so if it does go tits up, you can go back to square 1.... then reinstall your backup.

Guest carlx

Now i'v gone and done some thing else :-( i install the clockwork recovery via vega tools and that worked fine then i went and used the reboot button and now all i get is a blank screen with the back light on what have i done now? ( i never had any of this troble with the phone, but you live and learn)

Any how i'm off to bed before i do any thing else i'll pick things up tomorrow

Edited by carlx

Guest simonta
Now i'v gone and done some thing else :-( i install the clockwork recovery via vega tools and that worked fine then i went and used the reboot button and now all i get is a blank screen with the back light on what have i done now? ( i never had any of this troble with the phone, but you live and learn)

Any how i'm off to bed before i do any thing else i'll pick things up tomorrow

What reboot button?

Guest adamsharpe
Everybody seems to miss the easy trick. As others have stated, the screen remains blank in recovery. To know that you are in recovery (and also that the drivers are installed correctly) just open device manager and watch what happens when you plug the Vega in.

If you see APX, with an exclamation mark, you are in recovery but the drivers are not loaded. If you see NVidia Harmony Recovery Device, you are in recovery and the drivers are OK. It the Vega backlight is off, and nothing happens in device manager when you plug it in, it's switched off :)

Cheers

That sounds like a top tip!

Next time I experiment and chest goes skyward I'll try that.... :)