Is it just my Vega that sucks?

Guest thehowler

Guest thehowler
So, the people at PcWorld/TechGuys/WhoeverTheHellTheyAre contacted me and told me that my Vega has been repaired and will be returned to me. Upon inquiring about the fault, I was told that it had, in fact, *not* been repaired as "one of our top guys says it is fine".

After reminding them that I am not retarded when it comes to the world of I.T. and particularly networking, I was told that the only way I can progress this is to raise an official complaint as under no circumstances am I entitled to an exchange/refund.

So, I get it back in 10 days (!!!!) and will have to start writing letters. In the meantime, I am going to procure a 3rd router and try that to see what I can find.

Tech Guys? Tech-Clowns, more like...

Yeah, got it back today. Currently on the Corvus Rom. Wifi still knackered. Going to sell the Vega. For me, it sucks...

Guest premieral
Yeah, got it back today. Currently on the Corvus Rom. Wifi still knackered. Going to sell the Vega. For me, it sucks...

You have a faulty unit mate if you read the forum it would seem the initial release versions all displayed these symptoms which disappeared on the next post Xmas batch so don't give up get it exchanged as when it works it is a fun little tool :mellow:

Guest thehowler
You have a faulty unit mate if you read the forum it would seem the initial release versions all displayed these symptoms which disappeared on the next post Xmas batch so don't give up get it exchanged as when it works it is a fun little tool :mellow:

I'd like to get it exchanged. How can I get it exchanged when they say there's nothing wrong with it?

Guest thehowler

We are going to try and get this resolved in our local PC World store, today. We've jumped through all of the hoops of "you bought it online so the store can't deal with it", etc. RUBBISH - PC World is PC World and that's that.

Sending the wife in there - her diplomacy and bargaining skills are far superior to my "all-out-rant" approach. My patience is definitely sub-optimal ;-)

We're going with the "not fit for purpose" approach in that what's the point of a battery-powered touchscreen device where the touchscreen isn't reliable whilst charging the battery. We're after an exchange to a model that is proven to be working, or a refund.

Still get the feeling that the WiFi issue won't be resolved. I'm currently thinking that it's a poor WiFi chip/driver in the Vega that is very sensitive to signal quality/noise. Like I've said time and again, we have at least 8 wireless devices in the house (including Android 2.2) that have no difficulty. I've tried 3 different routers, now.

I'll keep you all in the loop...

Edited by thehowler

Guest thehowler
We are going to try and get this resolved in our local PC World store, today. We've jumped through all of the hoops of "you bought it online so the store can't deal with it", etc. RUBBISH - PC World is PC World and that's that.

Sending the wife in there - her diplomacy and bargaining skills are far superior to my "all-out-rant" approach. My patience is definitely sub-optimal ;-)

We're going with the "not fit for purpose" approach in that what's the point of a battery-powered touchscreen device where the touchscreen isn't reliable whilst charging the battery. We're after an exchange to a model that is proven to be working, or a refund.

Still get the feeling that the WiFi issue won't be resolved. I'm currently thinking that it's a poor WiFi chip/driver in the Vega that is very sensitive to signal quality/noise. Like I've said time and again, we have at least 8 wireless devices in the house (including Android 2.2) that have no difficulty. I've tried 3 different routers, now.

She got me a replacement from our local PC World store on the basis that the touchscreen was receiving double-taps when charging. Replacement works like a charm!

Still had the WiFi issues, though. Managed to borrow a Draytek 2800 wireless router. PROBLEM SOLVED! GLORIOUS WIFI IS EVER PRESENT!

Must be some weird incompatibilty between the Vega and the Linksys WAG54G2, and a not so good Vega batch.

Anyhow, it's all working now

Guest mintvilla

if you have faults with your vega then thats fine you have faults and you 100% deserve a replacement, am just letting you know, that alot of companies stores, ARE different to their online stores, and have different terms and conditions and different polices, just because you rant and say pc world is pc world, does not change the fact they are different, if you buy things online in most cases you have to send it back to the online store, you cant take it into store.

Guest premieral
She got me a replacement from our local PC World store on the basis that the touchscreen was receiving double-taps when charging. Replacement works like a charm!

Still had the WiFi issues, though. Managed to borrow a Draytek 2800 wireless router. PROBLEM SOLVED! GLORIOUS WIFI IS EVER PRESENT!

Must be some weird incompatibilty between the Vega and the Linksys WAG54G2, and a not so good Vega batch.

Anyhow, it's all working now

very glad to hear it had a positive outcome we should all be able to enjoy the vega as it now is not how it first was :unsure: