We want FLB to return!

Guest Spies

Guest Spies

I don't think I'm alone in wishing that flibblesan would resume development on his FLB rom?

I have tried alternatives but always find myself coming back to his ROM as it's silky smooth, I've tried CM7 and SS but both feel like a step backwards in terms of the smoothness of the UI, if you're wondering what I'm talking about, just tap the app drawer and look how smooth that transition is. There's no other ROM like it.

I'm also a massive fan on how close to stock Android it is, I like to run Android OS as it was intended, not to have a million extra applications I don't want or need. Granted, you can remove them, but it's unnecessary and in most cases I do not require the extra functionality they add!

Battery life is another advantage with this ROM, compared to others it always seems to last longer, as the idle CPU usage dips below 10% which I have never seen on any other ROM.

So flibblesan, please return with your coding hat, we loved FLB and we think the other ROMs are a step backwards from where you got to, I myself am still on FLB r6 because I've never hit an issue that required me to update but it would be very interesting just to see what you would be able to make of the newer kernel and what magical tweaks you could apply in order to make our little Blades amazing little phones.

Guest Ron=)
I don't think I'm alone in wishing that flibblesan would resume development on his FLB rom?

I have tried alternatives but always find myself coming back to his ROM as it's silky smooth, I've tried CM7 and SS but both feel like a step backwards in terms of the smoothness of the UI, if you're wondering what I'm talking about, just tap the app drawer and look how smooth that transition is. There's no other ROM like it.

I'm also a massive fan on how close to stock Android it is, I like to run Android OS as it was intended, not to have a million extra applications I don't want or need. Granted, you can remove them, but it's unnecessary and in most cases I do not require the extra functionality they add!

Battery life is another advantage with this ROM, compared to others it always seems to last longer, as the idle CPU usage dips below 10% which I have never seen on any other ROM.

So flibblesan, please return with your coding hat, we loved FLB and we think the other ROMs are a step backwards from where you got to, I myself am still on FLB r6 because I've never hit an issue that required me to update but it would be very interesting just to see what you would be able to make of the newer kernel and what magical tweaks you could apply in order to make our little Blades amazing little phones.

His rom is based on an old leak. If he was to come back it would be best to start from scratch with an official 2.2 rom!

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Flb is my favourite Froyo ROM. Fast, reliable, and good battery life. Install its zip and its amazing. Others, need a bit of adjustment to make them feel right. Unfortunately, there is cm7, which, dominates....

Guest Spies
His rom is based on an old leak. If he was to come back it would be best to start from scratch with an official 2.2 rom!

Begs the question how an old leak is performing smoother than newer ROMs then?

In an ideal world, it would be great if it would be possible to work on a stock 2.3.3, but I don't think it is.

Guest Mushroom_Lord

In an ideal world, it would be great if it would be possible to work on a stock 2.3.3, but I don't think it is.

Using the stock gingerbread launcher on cm7 certainly makes it feel more stock. Its smooth too. But, as I said, cm7 needs a lot of tweaking in order to be comfortable with..

Guest rayraven

I doubt the current launchers adw & lp are completely optimised for running on Gingerbread.

I use the xperia arc launcher and it's smooth as butter with live wallpapers running.

That alone tells me that 2.3 is miles better, as i could not have any launcher show the app drawer or switch screens without stuttering with a live wall in froyo.

2.3 in my opinion is much better than any 2.2 roms we have.

Guest Spies
I doubt the current launchers adw & lp are completely optimised for running on Gingerbread.

I use the xperia arc launcher and it's smooth as butter with live wallpapers running.

That alone tells me that 2.3 is miles better, as i could not have any launcher show the app drawer or switch screens without stuttering with a live wall in froyo.

2.3 in my opinion is much better than any 2.2 roms we have.

I have just tried this out of curiosity on r6, I used the water live wallpaper with autumn Leaves, performance is identical to having a static wallpaper.

I chose to go with his rom as my first rom, and I'm liking it a lot. I only have the stock orange rom to compare it to, and it does much better.

I'm very thankful for his work. Why would you like to see it resumed, out of curiosity? If there were any bugs or issues then sure, but I can't find anything wrong with it, and like you say it's already very polished.

Guest Spies
I chose to go with his rom as my first rom, and I'm liking it a lot. I only have the stock orange rom to compare it to, and it does much better.

I'm very thankful for his work. Why would you like to see it resumed, out of curiosity? If there were any bugs or issues then sure, but I can't find anything wrong with it, and like you say it's already very polished.

As the newer Kernel is technically better, I'm just curious how much more performance he could squeeze from it.

The number one thing I'm after is Gingerbread that isn't based on CM7 and I think FLB would be the man to do it based on the quality of his previous ROM.

Guest hecatae
As the newer Kernel is technically better, I'm just curious how much more performance he could squeeze from it.

The number one thing I'm after is Gingerbread that isn't based on CM7 and I think FLB would be the man to do it based on the quality of his previous ROM.

flibblesan's kernel source is here if anyone want sto try it with swedish spring:

https://github.com/flibblesan/ZTE-BLADE-2.6.32

Guest rayraven

Newer kernel? We are still on .32 even for CM7, there hasnt been a newer kernel than what's in Flib's rom.

Oh and try live wallpapers that are a bit cpu intensive.

P.S: All i'm trying to say is that 2.3 is better than 2.2, nothing against flibblesan :)

Edited by rayraven

Guest DannyDanny

really,, I would rather concentrate on stabling cm7

Most froyo roms are stable now. It doesnt really need more

Its time to bake the gingerbread

Guest Spies
Newer kernel? We are still on .32 even for CM7, there hasnt been a newer kernel than what's in Flib's rom.

Oh and try live wallpapers that are a bit cpu intensive.

P.S: All i'm trying to say is that 2.3 is better than 2.2, nothing against flibblesan :)

Newer than the one is his Rom which as mentioned above, was built on the Chinese leak.

Guest The-One
Newer than the one is his Rom which as mentioned above, was built on the Chinese leak.

His kernel was build on the last ZTE source, like almost every other recent Froyo ROM.

Guest lazyliam

+1 to wanting you back FLBi too find myself returning to your rom as battery life kills me on any other i agree with the comments about your rom being so good why keep tweaking it though but surely theres not many people about with your skills and all the extra devs are appreaciated well anyway thanks for all the hard and great work you did

It was based on the chinese froyo release, nothing leaked about it.

Guest aequalszero

Well I, for one, would love a continuation of the FLB ROMs; but if Fibblesan is done, then he's done. This series of ROMs had a really good run, and left us with a very usable day-to-day system which I still run.

I'm looking forward to trying CM7 like everyone else, but I'm always going to keep FLB G2 on hand as my go-to backup if I require it.

Guest PeteBest

Still has Super User bugs for me on the latest FLB release where it freezes sometimes when opening an app that needs root access. Just waiting for CM7 to get a few more bugs fixed before making the switch. I think he'd be better off helping out the CM guys where he can, same goes for KK. 1 rom to rule them all IMO