Experience of a total newbie

Guest psul

Well,been looking at a Vega for a while and couldnt resist the £199 deal!

Spent the delivery wait reading guides on here and downloading roms and guides.

My vega arrived yesterday and put it straight on charge while setting up my old xp machine ready.

Decided to first put on the latest v10 rom which was pretty simple thanks to the guides on this site.

Loved the look of it esp the 3d launcher.

Next to Pauls custom rom.Plugged the usb back in and nothing! The pc didnt recognise anything plugged in.A bit more reading and see others have reported this issue with latest rom.

So another flash to v9 and then added custom rom and up and running.

Added a few apps from the market - iplayer,tune-in radio,samba,pdf reader,angry birds (had to try it).

Played with it most of the evening and first thoughts:

Screen is unresponsive at edges but apart from that really good and fast.

Stock browser is good and quick.

HDMI out - wow.Fantastic full screen picture on tv. A lot better than messing with resolution settings or extended desktop with my laptop.

Battery life seems very good.

Not had any wireless issues as others report even though Im using a virgin (not so) super hub. Reconnects straight out of standby or boot and signal strength is good.

Havent had any keyboard issues yet.

Would like a browser that supports folders in favourites as with the stock browser I just have a huge list.

Samba is fine,can transfer files accross network to sd card.

Oh,and angry birds is cool.

Only major issue was when I turned it on this morning - screen barely responded and opened different options than I selected.

Managed to access screen calibration and after running that everything back to normal.Hope that was a one off and dont experience it every day.

Certainly a great tablet for the price especially combined with the great support on this forum.

Edited by psul

Guest trevor432990

Glad to hear you are getting on well with the Vega. Think most of us have experienced the start-up problem from time to time which tends to require a re-boot to fix .... no idea what causes it but hopefully with new ROMS/Kernels down the track it'll get fixed in due course. There are several apps on the Market which will help you organise your Bookmarks & Shortcuts more easily just type 'Bookmarks' in the Market search. :)

Guest phil8715
Glad to hear you are getting on well with the Vega. Think most of us have experienced the start-up problem from time to time which tends to require a re-boot to fix .... no idea what causes it but hopefully with new ROMS/Kernels down the track it'll get fixed in due course. There are several apps on the Market which will help you organise your Bookmarks & Shortcuts more easily just type 'Bookmarks' in the Market search. :)

Are the drivers Windows 7 compatible?

As I've only got a Windows 7 netbook.

Guest mintvilla

They are compatible - i have a windows 7 laptop and have the drivers working, though it was easier with xp on my dads notebook.

Guest simonta

Search for YAUDIG (yet another USB driver installation guide), it will get the drivers running on Win7. The two top tips are you must be running device manager as admin (and not just a member of the adminstrators group) and do nto try to update any drivers, install them manually).

Good luck