request kernel with an extra module enabled

Guest Fire Ant

Guest Fire Ant

Thanks everybody for the great work on Vega.

I tried to find a kernel built with most modules enabled, but failed. Probably kernel builders prefer to keep the kernel slim (?).

If one of the kernel builders could do me a great favor and compile the kernel with CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_OV534 set to enabled, I'd appreciate it greatly. In the MoSaCo's kernel CONFIG_USB_GSPCA is set though. I tried the corvus Kernel too, since I couldn't find the config file, I just installed this kernel and the output of dmesg is exactly as when the gspca_ov534 is not present. You would save me a great amount of time not preparing my own system for cross-compiling the kernel and spending time to learn all this about the Android kernel.

The reason for this is to get the PS3 Eye camera connected to Vega. Since I'm an Android noob, my next question is, once a USB camera is connected what app can be used to view the external USB webcam, and not the integrated webcam on the device? I saw in one of the threads, someone had connected a USB webcam and uploaded a video on youtube, but I didn't get what app he had used and how he forced it to use the USB camera.

Guest the_corvus
Thanks everybody for the great work on Vega.

I tried to find a kernel built with most modules enabled, but failed. Probably kernel builders prefer to keep the kernel slim (?).

If one of the kernel builders could do me a great favor and compile the kernel with CONFIG_USB_GSPCA_OV534 set to enabled, I'd appreciate it greatly. In the MoSaCo's kernel CONFIG_USB_GSPCA is set though. I tried the corvus Kernel too, since I couldn't find the config file, I just installed this kernel and the output of dmesg is exactly as when the gspca_ov534 is not present. You would save me a great amount of time not preparing my own system for cross-compiling the kernel and spending time to learn all this about the Android kernel.

The reason for this is to get the PS3 Eye camera connected to Vega. Since I'm an Android noob, my next question is, once a USB camera is connected what app can be used to view the external USB webcam, and not the integrated webcam on the device? I saw in one of the threads, someone had connected a USB webcam and uploaded a video on youtube, but I didn't get what app he had used and how he forced it to use the USB camera.

Here are...

http://www.multiupload.com/DWZE5GBPE7

Only works in CorvusVegaRom.

Please if you get it working, write a howto :)

Corvus.

Guest Fire Ant
Here are...

http://www.multiupload.com/DWZE5GBPE7

Only works in CorvusVegaRom.

Please if you get it working, write a howto :)

Corvus.

Fantástico! yep it works. Many thanks. After figuring out how to lower the FPS (if just Android had V4L ...), I'll write a how-to. At 30 FPS, it seems the camera apps cant grab and show frames fast enough (the problem is either the USB bandwidth of harmony, or less likely the CPU power, though I've set to fixed 1 GHz, or just the slow java apps are causing this, not emptying the buffer list quick enough), then just corrupted frames are shown.