Wayfinder GPS add-on for Vega

Guest Bobby Elliott

Guest Bobby Elliott

I received the Wayfinder external GPS unit from E-Bay (£7 including delivery). I have paired the devices OK but I get a "paired but not connected" message when I try to connect them. Do I have to install some software on my Vega?

Guest peter a
I received the Wayfinder external GPS unit from E-Bay (£7 including delivery). I have paired the devices OK but I get a "paired but not connected" message when I try to connect them. Do I have to install some software on my Vega?

Yes , I use "Bluetooth gps provider"

Guest trevor432990

If you have not already discovered it I started a topic a while back describing how to setup GPS navigation with the Wayfinder. It is located here so any questions you have should be answered in that. Pay particular attention to the fix for the 'GPS is Disabled' message if you get it :)

BTW the 'paired but not connected' message is normal even when it works correctly with the Vega. You will know you have a connection when the Blue light on the Wayfinder turns from flashing to solid.

Edited by trevor432990