USB Host mode by default?

Guest the_corvus

Guest the_corvus

New rom comming and need to know what will you prefer...

We can have USB host mode on by default and enter slave mode using back button, or leave it like now, using back button to enter host mode.

Start!

Corvus.

Guest the_corvus
Relly bad idea for debugging :\

Default users doesnt need debug as us... :)

I make some test and always forgot to change to slave for debug :)

Corvus.

Guest premieral
Default users doesnt need debug as us... :)

I make some test and always forgot to change to slave for debug :P

Corvus.

slave for me , i have enough trouble remembering how to switch it on without having to reboot once in a blue moon because i want to plug something in ;)

old age is a burden :)

********edit************

Having seen the other posts i realise now how important host mode is for those needing to use dongles so i switch my vote to the host mode, i only hook mine up about once a week :)

Edited by premieral

Guest jevdroid

Host host host!

If I look at the things I do with the tablet... connect a keyboard, plugin USB stick, plugin 3G modem. Never, ever, hook it up to a PC - why would I?

Guest diamondgar
Host host host!

If I look at the things I do with the tablet... connect a keyboard, plugin USB stick, plugin 3G modem. Never, ever, hook it up to a PC - why would I?

Hmm i voted slave just because i think this is how most users would expect it to behave and i dont tend to use any peripherals, but i can see the gain in making it host for people that do would be much bigger than the occasional pain for the rest.

Guest simonta

It's a selfish view, but host please. Helps 3G users tremendously (although I'm not one) and file sharing, CWM and ADB Wireless can cover the slave stuff.

Cheers Corvus, and thanks...

Guest Fire Ant
New rom comming and need to know what will you prefer...

We can have USB host mode on by default and enter slave mode using back button, or leave it like now, using back button to enter host mode.

Start!

Corvus.

What about the 3rd option, switching between these two modes without rebooting? I'm not a kernel programmer and currently very busy to dive into the code, after a quick look it seems possible to do this. There are just a few functions, NvDdkUsbPhyOpen and the family, finding the functions calling them and figuring out how to reload/recall them shouldn't be difficult. Or am I talking nonsense? any experienced kernel programmer to shed light on this?

In about 2 weeks I will have more free time and can help with testing if needed.

Edited by Fire Ant

Guest gebby
What about the 3rd option, switching between these two modes without rebooting? I'm not a kernel programmer and currently very busy to dive into the code, after a quick look it seems possible to do this. There are just a few functions, NvDdkUsbPhyOpen and the family, finding the functions calling them and figuring out how to reload/recall them shouldn't be difficult. Or am I talking nonsense? any experienced kernel programmer to shed light on this?

In about 2 weeks I will have more free time and can help with testing if needed.

I like both, could it be toggled, host until toggled to slave, and slave untill toggled to host, that way every one has a choice. is that possible ?

fantastic rom corvus, your a star :)