14 Apr 3.0.1.4 r1 Beta - ClockworkMod Recovery for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest eBug
Hello,

I'm part of a bunch of people on xda trying to flash a custom cwm recovery on Acer Iconia A500 and we think we can use part of your work to do that, if you don't mind.

ATM, we're trying to find out how the partition table is on the Transformer, more exactly what is the mount point for recovery partition. Is it /dev/mmcblk0p4 ?

Thank for your help

Also could you paste the output of the 'mount' command on your tablet ?

Guest DjDevine

Does this recovery work with the latest firmware? If it doesn't can I use one from someone else but install Modaco Rom?

Guest cas3
Does this recovery work with the latest firmware? If it doesn't can I use one from someone else but install Modaco Rom?

No it doesn't, and yes you can.

Guest The-Kevster
I'll update this to a 'blob'. :unsure:

P

So this version of clockworkMod is customised for the Transformer where as the other release of 3.0.2.8 isn't.

I'm guessing that based on 3.0.1.4 doesn't backup the /sdcard/ directory where as 3.0.2.8 does.

Looking forward to the blob version!

Guest The-Kevster
I'll update this to a 'blob'. :P

P

Any luck with this Paul? I'll even buy the app if it helps motivate you :rolleyes:

Guest LinuxGuy81

I am one of the unfortunate people who recieved a transformer with android 2.2. I am trying everything i can to avoid having to return. I tried Paul's CWM and it boots, but the power button won't select any of the menu options. I am an advaced linux user, but i am new to android. I am looking at a tutorial to "roll my own" cwm. I am unsure if this would fix the power button issue. I am hoping i can install the MoDaCo rom. <crosses fingers> Any advice?

Guest fisha21

Sadly, I'm also one of those who can't get this to work.

Am running the .3.9 FW (downgraded from .3.13). Have put the file on sdcard, renamed as directed. Confirmed the sdcard has been mounted and used Root explorer to confirm the file is on the microSD and named correctly. Power off, then reboot into recovery by holding down key, followed by up key. I get the "unpacking" animation for a second, then the "Android with exclamation mark" symbol.

Very frustrating!!

NVM, ended up using rayman and bumble-bee's method - more complicated but works well!

Edited by fisha21

Guest thla
Sadly, I'm also one of those who can't get this to work.

Am running the .3.9 FW (downgraded from .3.13). Have put the file on sdcard, renamed as directed. Confirmed the sdcard has been mounted and used Root explorer to confirm the file is on the microSD and named correctly. Power off, then reboot into recovery by holding down key, followed by up key. I get the "unpacking" animation for a second, then the "Android with exclamation mark" symbol.

Very frustrating!!

NVM, ended up using rayman and bumble-bee's method - more complicated but works well!

Yeah same issue here, not sure if i want to go through that mess to update yet.

Can i simply decline the 3.13 upgrade or will it autoinstall it?

Edit: Was under the impression you had to edit some scripts or something with the V5 blob, turns out that wasn't the case, so piece of cake :P

Edited by thla

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Chinren
Like some posters here, clockworkmod will only show me the android bot with a tie and the exclamation mark.

I'm so frustrated I can't use my transformer right now.

I'm a foreigner living in China and here, the stock image come without Gmail/Gtalk/Android Market apps.

Since my build number is a CN one I can't upgrade to another official FW from Asus.

I'm really counting on the clockworkmod brought by Paul to flash MoDaCo Custom ROM.

Thank you very much for the good work !

Ha! I hear you! I'm also in China, and also with the Chinese version, so I really want to flash this to an English version. (I even became a premium member to use the baking thingy). However, yeah, also just get Mr. Droid with the exclamation above his head when I try to load clockwork. Sigh.

My build is: CN_epad-8.2.3.13-20110511

As an aside, you can download the .apk files for mods from various sites, instead of trying to use the Android market(s) and nearly throwing the thing across the room when it won't let you. :)

China rule no. 2 - Nothing can be easy.

Guest Deus_ex11

This cwm will only work with build 82261. There is a easier nvflash method now, if all you want is root over on xda and other forums. I might write a one click root gui for it, if there is a need for it.

Guest Clu883r
Ha! I hear you! I'm also in China, and also with the Chinese version, so I really want to flash this to an English version. (I even became a premium member to use the baking thingy). However, yeah, also just get Mr. Droid with the exclamation above his head when I try to load clockwork. Sigh.

My build is: CN_epad-8.2.3.13-20110511

As an aside, you can download the .apk files for mods from various sites, instead of trying to use the Android market(s) and nearly throwing the thing across the room when it won't let you. :)

China rule no. 2 - Nothing can be easy.

I flashed mine a long time ago using this method : http://androidroot.mobi/asus-eee-pad-trans...t-cwm-recovery/

Be sure to have a micro sd card in the slot and it's easy to do.

If you live in Shanghai, I can even do it for you within 5 minutes.

Guest Chinren
I flashed mine a long time ago using this method : http://androidroot.mobi/asus-eee-pad-trans...t-cwm-recovery/

Be sure to have a micro sd card in the slot and it's easy to do.

If you live in Shanghai, I can even do it for you within 5 minutes.

Thanks! I'm in Beijing though, so bit of a commute! The link seemed to fail, but this one seems to be the place to go now...

http://androidroot.mobi/asus-eee-pad-trans...t-cwm-recovery/

Will this just root it so that I can install a new ROM? I'm still a bit confused over the terminology.

Guest Clu883r
Thanks! I'm in Beijing though, so bit of a commute! The link seemed to fail, but this one seems to be the place to go now...

http://androidroot.mobi/asus-eee-pad-trans...t-cwm-recovery/

Will this just root it so that I can install a new ROM? I'm still a bit confused over the terminology.

The point of this tutorial is to install clock work mode recovery.

Once you did this, the exclamation mark will never show up again while booting into recovery mode.

Instead, clockwork mode will launch.

from this same clockwork mode, you will be able to install any rom you like, especially the english one, without chinese apk market and all the other inconvenience that make your transformer useless right now.

I you prefer gtalk or email or whatever for more help, DM me on twitter : @CLU883r

cheers

Guest Chinren
The point of this tutorial is to install clock work mode recovery.

Once you did this, the exclamation mark will never show up again while booting into recovery mode.

Instead, clockwork mode will launch.

from this same clockwork mode, you will be able to install any rom you like, especially the english one, without chinese apk market and all the other inconvenience that make your transformer useless right now.

I you prefer gtalk or email or whatever for more help, DM me on twitter : @CLU883r

cheers

Ah, ming bai. Thank you Cl8. I may well take you up on that help if I run into problems. Xie xei! :)

I seem to be having some trouble.

I have a new transformer I just picked up yesterday with 3.1 on it, firmware 8.4.4.5

I copied the cwm zip to my external SD, and named it accordingly, but whenever I try to boot into recovery mode I get the android with exclamation mark.

Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Furthermore, despite being connected via USB with usb debugging enabled, "adb devices" does not list my device.

I am on a Mac.

I would be grateful if someone could assist me?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Guest norrbaggen

I have copied the CWM file onto my microSD card named it accordingly, but still get error screen when trying to boot from CWM. any ideas?

Do I need root to boot from CWM ?

Guest Mr.Clark

Hi

I use mac and thinking of maybe installing windows to use this script. Does this install CWM also? So i can install custom roms?

Thanks for reply

There is an option to install CWM, yes.

Isn't it a bit extreme to install Windows just to run a batch file? Isn't there a Mac equivalent of adb? :o

• 7 months later...
Guest lemonoid

I have finally decided to put CWM on my TF101 as I need to flash the new update to ICS, I have the primary ICS release and really need the update to fix some bugs, but seeing as I'm rooted, I really need to be able to flash a version that won't break my root, and currently installing the OTA with root doesn't even work. Does anyone know if this will work with ICS? And if not please point me in a direction to fulfill my needs. thanks!

• 8 months later...
Guest billpool

Hello, Sorry to interrupt but would like to know if my assumption that this will not work on my Asus transformer pad TF700T, Android 4.1.1 with keypad dock? Help appreciated.

bill

Edited by billpool