12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest iamdarren

i noticed the same thing, but i paid and now can download using kitchen, theres problems with hr7 on my TF though. no youtube/buzzing as others have described, i would stay on 3.0.1 untill the mystery has been solved. :D

Guest Paul

On it this morning, will update shortly... if you are having the sound / youtube / camera issues and your kernel is NOT showing as MCK please let me know. :D

P

Guest Johnrg
On it this morning, will update shortly... if you are having the sound / youtube / camera issues and your kernel is NOT showing as MCK please let me know. :D

P

As Always, a sterling job Paul!

My only question is over the Keyboard. Is it me being stupid, or do I have to do something to get the keyboard to be UK?

At the moment the @ is on the 2 key which is the US layout, but my keyboard is the UK keyboard.

I'm on Hr7 through the Kitchen.

Cheers,

John

Guest BrumBrum74

Baked with Stock Kernel + WiFi Module (8.3.9.13) and full wipe and still have the sound / youtube bug.

Edit: Camera with FC here as well.

Edited by BrumBrum74

Guest Matchstick

P

I'm running a ROM based on the Stock Kernel + WiFi Module (8.3.9.13)option, kernel is showing as 2.6.36.3-00004-g069b8b5 android@Mercury #1 and while I thought it was OK, after rebooting it this morning the sound problem is back.

--Edit--

Just tested the camera app and it's also FCing on start.

Edited by Matchstick

Guest dagrim1

Stock kernel and Wifi 8.4.4.5 module.

Crackling from the speakers, no sound in music (do get sound when headphones are connected)... Did a wipe before.

Kernel version listed as: 2.6.36.4-mck-r1

Guest Paul

The 'stock kernel' option does NOT appear to be working, hence the MCK is getting baked in and there seem to be kernel updates for 3.1. Fixing now...

P

Guest Matchstick
The 'stock kernel' option does NOT appear to be working, hence the MCK is getting baked in and there seem to be kernel updates for 3.1. Fixing now...

P

Thanks for that Paul :D

Guest tomqman
Hopefully asus will release the source soon!

yer asus seen very quick compared to other companys, i have been amazed by how great there support has been. we have had 3 to 4 updates now since launch where as. the xoom has had 1. really glad i got the eee and canceled my xoom

Guest Matchstick

Just applied the latest version and the Transformer is pleasingly silent and the cameras app is working fine as well.

Kernel version is being reported as 2.6.36.3-00001-gf377a2b android@Mercury #1

Guest Highland3r
As Always, a sterling job Paul!

My only question is over the Keyboard. Is it me being stupid, or do I have to do something to get the keyboard to be UK?

At the moment the @ is on the 2 key which is the US layout, but my keyboard is the UK keyboard.

I'm on Hr7 through the Kitchen.

Cheers,

John

Select the Asus software keyboard (and set it to English UK) - should sort things for you. Bit of a pain having to switch each time you add/remove the dock but you can use tasker to help (guide available on XDA)

Guest blondejon

all well since the update, @ back where it should be and soud restored to video

EDIT: why does fb fc when selecting friends menu, why wont browser download from this site and why do all apps think you are using a bloody phone. Ehem rant over. Seriously, did google not ask anyone to develop an app that could autosense a tablet

Edited by blondejon

Guest Irwin Proud

Hi Paul,

Where is the CIFS.ko stored in the MCR build of 3.1?

I went to /system/lib/modules/ but couldn't find it.

Is it not included in the kitchen for now?

Guest reagano

Hi, I just installed 3.1 and was wondering if tun.ko is installed with it? I'm trying to get VPN working using VPNC and it just crash. Where as when I was on a version before 3.1 it works. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.