12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest karnedge

Paul, I attempted to bake a new Mod, default selections, and a "bake.zip" file was downloaded in a few seconds, only 1.7kb in size. The file isn't found to be valid by recovery boot install. Also cannot download the current V5 mod (download fails). Is there something awry with your system server at the moment?

Guest BjornCM

hi. i am currently running Prime 1.4 on my trnasformer. could i just go ahead and install this rom over my current ROM without any problem?

Guest karnedge
Anyone else not able to download the prebake from Mediafire? Out of bandwidth?

Mediafire isnt allowing downloads for me either.

I hope Paul gets an increase in bandwidth, download data limit, or switches to a different data host! Damn frustrating, especially as a paid member!

Guest SpyderMS
Paul, I attempted to bake a new Mod, default selections, and a "bake.zip" file was downloaded in a few seconds, only 1.7kb in size. The file isn't found to be valid by recovery boot install. Also cannot download the current V5 mod (download fails). Is there something awry with your system server at the moment?

Were you downloading it on the Transformer? I tried both the default browser and Dolphin and both had the same issue. I had to download it using my Windows PC and transfer, and that worked fine.

Guest Mr.Clark

How hard would it be to offer this as an option:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...qwerty-en_gb.kl

Locate your national keychars in /system/usr/xt9/keychars

mine is qwerty-it_IT.kcm

The first 2 character after the - is the language of the keyboard, in my case Italian, the 2 characher after the _ is the country of the keyboard, Italy in my case.

copy this file in /system/usr/keychars

rename the standard one asusec.kcm in asusec.kcm.old for backup purpose.

then rename the one you copied in asusec.kcm

Locate your national layout in /system/usr/xt9/keylayout

mine is qwerty-it_IT.kl

copy this file in /system/usr/keylayout

rename the standard one asusec.kl in asusec.kl.old for backup purpose.

then rename the one you copied in asusec.kl

reboot and you are all done

I've done this with the en_GB one, and that's worked. Coupled with Autoruns (about £0.62), I now don't have a prompt when I dock the tablet AND it gives me the UK keyboard layout.

But I do worry that if I ever do an update, I'll have to do it again. So, if it's relatively easy, is this something that could be an option for the custom ROM?

Thanks!

Guest BjornCM
huh... that shouldn't happen! :-/

Investigating now...

P

hi. can i install your ROM on my Transformer even if i still have the Prime 1.4 ROM installed?

Guest jamoiholland
huh... that shouldn't happen! :-/

Investigating now...

P

Any news on your Mediafire account Paul? Need to try your ROM in next day or so before deciding whether to send this Transformer back to ebuyer or not ;-)

Guest karnedge
Any news on your Mediafire account Paul? Need to try your ROM in next day or so before deciding whether to send this Transformer back to ebuyer or not ;-)

Paul, the HR5 and baked mod downloads I was attempting was using the browser on the Transformer itself. I've since been able to download on my PC (no download problems with Mediafire) and port over to the Transformer to install. Not sure whats going on there, but that's the work-around...

Thanks to SpyderMS!

Edited by karnedge

Guest jamoiholland
I've since been able to download on my PC (no download problems with Mediafire) and port over to the Transformer to install. Not sure whats going on there, but that's the work-around...

Have you got a Mediafire Pro account then? No matter what device or browser I use, I always get "This file is temporarily unavailable because there are no resources available under the owner's account."

Can you re-upload somewhere if you have the file? Only temporarily while Paul sorts his Mediafire of course!

Guest karnedge
Have you got a Mediafire Pro account then? No matter what device or browser I use, I always get "This file is temporarily unavailable because there are no resources available under the owner's account."

Can you re-upload somewhere if you have the file? Only temporarily while Paul sorts his Mediafire of course!

I did end up signing up for the $9 for a month Mediafire Pro account, just out of frustration of the instability problems I was having with 3.0... Wasn't impressed since I paid my dues already here.

Basically my MediaFire Pro bandwidth is exhausted which means files over 200MB can't be downloaded. No problem, except they are unable to process my order for additional bandwidth. Doh! Hosting somewhere else now...

P

Guest TonyJ999

Well been around these boards for a few years now and never posted - till now. Just to say great ROM and great tutorials spread around this site. With all the help I finally managed to root and put Hr7 on this afternoon with everything working great! Good job!

As an aside, never noticed it before but my sister owns the village shop in Scole. Small world...

Guest Mikkle

All good:

I now have:

Android Version 3.1

GPS version V1.3.1

Wi-Fi version V5.1.42

Bluetooth version V6.17

Kernel version 2.6.36.3-00001-gf377a2b android@Mercury #1

Build number: MoDaCo Custom ROM Hr7 for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer (HMJ37.WW_epad-8.4.4.5-20110527)

MobileDock version EP101-0209
In Paul's initital post the screenshot shows
WiFi version V5.248.38

Kernel version 2.6.36.4-mck-r1 paul@imac #1

My versions above are the same for the pre-bake and for a ROM i baked in the on-line kitchen.

Why are Paul's kernel and WiFi driver not included in the kitchen ROMs?

Anyway, after seeing that my the kernel version was exactly the same as the Asus source release from May, I fiddled around a bit and ended up successfully compiling and installing tun.ko and cifs.ko from the Asus sources (kernel-8038d35).

I have OpenVPN, VPNConnections (IPSEC VPN, Cisco style) and various CIFS-mount working flawlessly! ;)

What is it exactly that keeps Paul from baking these modules into the ROM at the moment? Can't be a too technical issue; it wasn't that hard to build the modules, or I wouldn't have been able to do it un-supervised... :D

Can Paul or others clarify?

:P Mikkle

All good:

I now have:

Android Version 3.1
GPS version V1.3.1
Wi-Fi version V5.1.42
Bluetooth version V6.17
Kernel version 2.6.36.3-00001-gf377a2b android@Mercury #1
Build number: MoDaCo Custom ROM Hr7 for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer (HMJ37.WW_epad-8.4.4.5-20110527)
MobileDock version EP101-0209[/code] In Paul's initital post the screenshot shows
[code]WiFi version V5.248.38
Kernel version 2.6.36.4-mck-r1 paul@imac #1

My versions above are the same for the pre-bake and for a ROM i baked in the on-line kitchen.

Why are Paul's kernel and WiFi driver not included in the kitchen ROMs?

Anyway, after seeing that my the kernel version was exactly the same as the Asus source release from May, I fiddled around a bit and ended up successfully compiling and installing tun.ko and cifs.ko from the Asus sources (kernel-8038d35).

I have OpenVPN, VPNConnections (IPSEC VPN, Cisco style) and various CIFS-mount working flawlessly! ;)

What is it exactly that keeps Paul from baking these modules into the ROM at the moment? Can't be a too technical issue; it wasn't that hard to build the modules, or I wouldn't have been able to do it un-supervised... :D

Can Paul or others clarify?

:P Mikkle

I'm using stock kernel as it was updated for 3.1 and the source isn't released yet... note the 0001 not the 0004 = not the same kernel!

I was waiting for the new release before building the modules, although yes, ones built against the old source will likely work!

P

Guest jibril

my dock works well but seems to use the U.S. layout that does not match with mine (italian).

special characters do not match those printed on the physical keys

Guest rtimms

Just wanted to say thanks to all you chaps at MaDaco i have 3 Android devices and the support here is brilliant and also roms are a massive improvement over the stock

Please keep up the good work

(-:

Guest jibril
my dock works well but seems to use the U.S. layout that does not match with mine (italian).

special characters do not match those printed on the physical keys

... special characters match only using asus sw keyboard... :P ;)

Edited by jibril