12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest g6hoq
Cheers Paul.

I rooted with and used BLOBV4 to get CWM, do I need to repeat with BLOBv5 or just flash this via CWM?

Ok I had a Vega recently and installed latest rom, using sdb on a 64bit win 7 machine.. glutton for punishment.

No have a new new Asus, and ready for more roms.... but what the heck are blobs ?

do we have nice step by step destructions on installing cwm, blobs, roms etc... sorry but was used to Vega hand holding lol

oh and just taken delivery of an LG X2.. so popping off to that forum next..

Steve

Guest heltendk

Hi,

I live in Taiwan and might get the Transformer, but it is vital for me that I can use custom ROMs. Has anybody tried this with the CN (China/Taiwan) model or should it just work out of the box?

Cheers!

Guest heltendk
Hi,

I live in Taiwan and might get the Transformer, but it is vital for me that I can use custom ROMs. Has anybody tried this with the CN (China/Taiwan) model or should it just work out of the box?

Cheers!

I was impatient so I just bought it with a dock :mellow:

Guest blondejon
Should I do the ASUS updates first or just go ahead and install the recovery then this? I just got mine.

recover, if you update youll make life hard for yourself

Guest blondejon
Hr4 online! :unsure: Kitchen to follow...

P

Changelog

4 May Hr4

• Deodexed
  • Now include Blob v5 for insecure boot and custom recovery
  • Bluetooth fix

Still no sign of the kitchen?

Guest bluezz44

I'm having issues with market on Hr4 :unsure:

Abruptly, it has stopped downloading any apps. I've tried restarting TF and also tried clearing market cache.

Anyone else with the same problem?

Guest Provolino
I'm having issues with market on Hr4 :unsure:

Abruptly, it has stopped downloading any apps. I've tried restarting TF and also tried clearing market cache.

Anyone else with the same problem?

As Paul states, this is mainly an issue with date/time.

Guest IamIkari

I'm unable to flash this. It says:

E:Can't open /sdcard/Hr4-update-modacocustomrom-tr101-unsigned.zip ( bad )

I tried downloading the file again on another PC just to be sure. Deleted the original on my sdcard so it wasn't overwriting the bad copy. Same thing. I rooted originally using this guide:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1035197

My clockwordmod recovery version is 3.0.2.8. Any ideas?

Guest mimminito

Thanks Paul! Got Root and installed this now. Cant get over that 3k quadrant barrier, but its clocking in at 2800~ so im happy. Seems a little more snappy than before, looking forward to see what comes next!

Edited by mimminito

Guest bluezz44
As Paul states, this is mainly an issue with date/time.

Any easy fix for this? :-(

I have a canadian transfomer but currently I'm traveling in India so I've changed my date and time to Indian standard time. Should i keep my date time as EST?

Not being able to install any apps from the market is getting very annoying now :-(

Guest dredge999

Any chance you could fold in the recent update that Asus released that fixes keyboard dock issues into the next modaco release Paul?

at the moment my dock is almost useless on hr4.

thanks,

rick

Guest Bisto321
Could you confirm the version number of the update?

P

8.2.3.12 seems to be the one some dock users got sent. Bit of a selective roll out (ASUS tweeted, twittered, facebooked or whatever it is that you kids do these day's :unsure: about it)

it adds another battery meter and should help with dock stability, although some say it has now bricked the dock - so I assume that may be flashed during upgrade too?

Guest cas3
8.2.3.12 seems to be the one some dock users got sent. Bit of a selective roll out (ASUS tweeted, twittered, facebooked or whatever it is that you kids do these day's :unsure: about it)

it adds another battery meter and should help with dock stability, although some say it has now bricked the dock - so I assume that may be flashed during upgrade too?

I'm pretty sure that it was only sent out to people who pmd the Asus dev on xda. He required details like the wifi mac address etc so not sure it's applicable to everyone. I think it's being officially released within the next few days.

Guest dredge999

This is true. I have even been thinking of going back to stock to get the update. The dock is REALLY nice. However with builds prior to the latest update/dock flash it is a paperweight.

Locking up every 10-15 minutes, loss of mouse cursor, Wifi mysteriously turning on and off and no way to know the state of the dock charge.

I am a little upset with Asus that they released this thing in the state it is. I would have rather waited until end of May than have something I can't use.

Rick

Guest Highland3r

Paul - are you able to incorporate the "custom" kernel & performance tweaks from the prime rom into your next release? T

Guest Paul
Paul - are you able to incorporate the "custom" kernel & performance tweaks from the prime rom into your next release? T

No, i'll be doing my own custom kernel...

P