12 Sep Hr9: MoDaCo Custom ROM for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Online Kitchen (Android 3.2)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Deus_ex11
Hey Paul, I've got my keyboard now and I have not had any of the keyboard problems that others have had. I'm still on HR4 8.2.3.9/0207. I see that the HR5 is based off the US update. Will you be updating it to the recent released .13 update or does it not matter. I am getting sleep of death every day now when I put in it standby, so I have to shut it down now instead which is a pain. Does the .13update fix this problem?

The UK and US .13 updates are to all intents and purposes identical.

Yes, .13 with the keyboard firmware update fixes these issues.

P

Ok, I have applied your HR5 and we'll see if it fixes SOD. I have noticed that the Asus update service is back and there is a update available, probably the .13 update. Its tricky to not hit it sometimes. What would happen if I did hit it by accident and update to the official update. Will I lose root and clockworkmod?

Guest venturerider
I have noticed that the Asus update service is back and there is a update available, probably the .13 update. Its tricky to not hit it sometimes.

Remove the DMClient.apk from /system/app. That'll take care of that.

Guest venturerider
Has the included SpareParts been updated to work with Honeycomb? ie. Does Battery History work (partial wake usage, etc)?

To answer my own question, it appears that the answer is no.

Guest Deus_ex11
Remove the DMClient.apk from /system/app. That'll take care of that.

Why did I not think of that. I'm so dumb sometimes. :P Thanks

Guest blondejon

just noticed half my function keys now dont work and the keyboard seems to have switched to USA despite the settings telling me it the ASUS UK keyboard :S

just noticed half my function keys now dont work and the keyboard seems to have switched to USA despite the settings telling me it the ASUS UK keyboard :S

I have that problem too.

I also have no sound coming out neither !

EDIT: Seems to be fixed by rebooting the machine (sound issue)

Edited by Guest

Guest oldhippy

I know I am probably being thick, but with the wallpapers, would you lose any of the stock ones? I like the look of the ice cubes on water etc, though as yet, not sure which tablet I am likely to get, so planniong ahead and thinking of the lovelyness that your roms bring Paul :P And although I have been looking at the Vega, might be able to stretch it a little for the EEE Pad.

Guest cas3
I know I am probably being thick, but with the wallpapers, would you lose any of the stock ones? I like the look of the ice cubes on water etc, though as yet, not sure which tablet I am likely to get, so planniong ahead and thinking of the lovelyness that your roms bring Paul :P And although I have been looking at the Vega, might be able to stretch it a little for the EEE Pad.

You don't lose any of the wallpapers. (Also, get the transformer!)

Guest oldhippy
You don't lose any of the wallpapers. (Also, get the transformer!)

So what do these extras do with Paul's ROM? I guess improve and re-install?

Guest trblsome9six

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere but I am having trouble finding it so point me in the right direction if you can...but isthere a way to remove the custom rom and move back to stock settings I.e. unroot? I've only had the transformer (my first android device) for a week and bought it off a guy who previously rooted it and would rather have it stock until I get a feel for wjat android can and can't do before I root it. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Anyone else can help me with my question?

Hi Paul,

Online Kitchen generates a 500MB file with several folders and one zip (~160MB) in it. The smaller zip also includes the blob and all needed files. Which file should I flash? The smaller ones?

Thanks and Regards, Oliver

Guest ChakMD

So I just cooked up a ROM in the Kitchen, without the MyCloud app but with Splashtop Remote. Flashed the bake, but no SplashTop App to be found in the app draw. I see the StrAsus.apk in /system/app but I cant seem to find a way to access Splashtop Remote. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I have even deleted the apk via adb, and tried to manually install it, but it keeps saying 'Application Not Installed'. Perhaps it needs the MyCloud app to be installed to function? Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT - Just tried install via adb. No dice. Returns 'Failure [iNSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]' :P

Edited by ChakMD

Guest Paul
So I just cooked up a ROM in the Kitchen, without the MyCloud app but with Splashtop Remote. Flashed the bake, but no SplashTop App to be found in the app draw. I see the StrAsus.apk in /system/app but I cant seem to find a way to access Splashtop Remote. Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

I have even deleted the apk via adb, and tried to manually install it, but it keeps saying 'Application Not Installed'. Perhaps it needs the MyCloud app to be installed to function? Any help/thoughts would be appreciated.

EDIT - Just tried install via adb. No dice. Returns 'Failure [iNSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_NO_CERTIFICATES]' :P

It's ONLY accessible via the MyCloud app (same as stock).

P

Guest thewinst

Hey Peps,

Does anybody know if it's possible to take a CWM backup of this ROM to external SD, from one transformer and restore to another transformer.

I ask as I have a new unit (bundle inc dock) on route and would like to save some time and not have to setup/config everthing over again, just enjoy! :P

ie

Backup current ROM using CWM to an external SD

Root and custom recovery new transformer using current methods

Restore CWM backup to new transformer from external SD

Reboot

Anything else?

Many Thanks in advance! :rolleyes:

Sorry if this is more CWM forum than ROM but I see it as sat on the fence.

last but not least... BIG thanks goes to Paul...Looking forward to a feature packed custom kernel! <_<

Edited by thewinst

Guest ritdaw
Asus haven't included this ability yet... you just get an 'overall level' it seems.

P

Ah I see. Well hopefully they will bring out something for it soon.

Guest foxmeister
@Paul

a new FOTA is out, planning a Hr6? :P

Where's this come from? I'm not seeing any mentions of a new FOTA on XDA?

Thanks,

Dave