GingerBread for 2X delayed?

Guest BrumBrum74

Guest roakes

See now I was using Gingerbread on my Desire care of the Oxygen ROM, but having now theoretically downgraded by getting my LG2X I am struggling to find what exactly it is about Gingerbread that makes it such a desirable upgrade, I don't miss anything!

Guest ritdaw
See now I was using Gingerbread on my Desire care of the Oxygen ROM, but having now theoretically downgraded by getting my LG2X I am struggling to find what exactly it is about Gingerbread that makes it such a desirable upgrade, I don't miss anything!

The only thing I originally didn't like about 2.2 was the grey theme, the 2X obviously came with a black theme but Paul has improved on it greatly!

Guest killer626

Isn't 2.3 supposed to bring some much needed dual-core optimisations?

I really have fallen in love with this phone (coming from a G1 though, that was expected^^): all i'm missing is a tegra2 optimised video player to handle my 720p and 1080p high profiles without reencoding. Isn't 2.3 supposed to help with that?

All in all, LG went from a "soon after launch" to a "June-July' launch window...unnacceptable. CM7 will be long done on the o2X before then I believe. Doesn't look good for LG: if they want to contract for the next Nexus phone (as some rumors are adressing), they are going to need to speed up their dev cycles...