Credential Storage on 2.1

Guest D-D-

Hey there...

Just wondering if there is a fix for the force closing problem with the credentials on any rom, cause when I try to connect to a network that uses this type of authentication, I get FCs.

Tnx.

Guest Casterina
Hey there...

Just wondering if there is a fix for the force closing problem with the credentials on any rom, cause when I try to connect to a network that uses this type of authentication, I get FCs.

Tnx.

Download ROM Manager and go on fix permissions :)

If that don't work go on wipe data/factory reset.

Guest Casterina
It's app from the system and it didn't work on a fresh install of the roms. So fixing permitions and factory/data reset wouldn't work.

Downgrade from 1.5 and then upgrade back to 2.1, This will hopefully fix the issue.

Right...

Well I can't do that right now, so if anyone has the official update, or even 2.2/2.3 and knows what I'm talking about, please check if it's working.

Tnx...

Yes.

I tried even with the new rom based on the DE, tried it with CM6 too... But with the 2.1 roms I get force closing, and with cm6 it doesn't connect, always retrying (and I'm sure about the info I'm putting in cause I've done that on thousands of htc, samsung and other android phones and it works for them).

So was afraid if it is some huawei missed thing... :S

When I'll have the time, will try with any from the officials, but right now I need my phone the way it is - everything but that working :S...

Guest Casterina
Yes.

I tried even with the new rom based on the DE, tried it with CM6 too... But with the 2.1 roms I get force closing, and with cm6 it doesn't connect, always retrying (and I'm sure about the info I'm putting in cause I've done that on thousands of htc, samsung and other android phones and it works for them).

So was afraid if it is some huawei missed thing... :S

When I'll have the time, will try with any from the officials, but right now I need my phone the way it is - everything but that working :S...

When you said DE, do you mean the german t-mobile pulse ROM? If so, try installing 2.1 offical uk update and installing one of the ROMs.

All the ROMs are based on the UK update.

Not all of them.

And yes, by DE I mean Germany.

I haven't installed that official one yet, but after all I've tried, I guess I'll be back on the HU which is the best for playing arround with roms. I have kinda my own mod (not via kitchen, but taking the best things from all the roms out there and make it the way I want).

Actually I don't care what rom it is, if it works.

I have the hopes in cm7, cause all the things that were "broken" in cm6 are kinda fixed now (except mac adress, I think).

Guest Casterina
Not all of them.

And yes, by DE I mean Germany.

I haven't installed that official one yet, but after all I've tried, I guess I'll be back on the HU which is the best for playing arround with roms. I have kinda my own mod (not via kitchen, but taking the best things from all the roms out there and make it the way I want).

Actually I don't care what rom it is, if it works.

I have the hopes in cm7, cause all the things that were "broken" in cm6 are kinda fixed now (except mac adress, I think).

MAC Address can be easily resolved by and app on the market :)

Yeah, Antonio is doing a great job on the CM7 mod.