Wall Mounting options

Guest MaxiP

Guest MaxiP

Title says it all - I'd like to mount the Vega in the kitchen for browsing, watching movies, listening to music, etc. There are may iPad brackets available but it's not clear if these will work with the Vega - my concern is screen thickness, rounded edges, securely fixed, etc. The kind of thing I'm looking for is like this one but it seems expensive for a piece of plastic.

I'm considering having a go myself with some acrylic / plastics I have in the garage but was wondering if anyone else has tried this yet and how successful their efforts were. Even better would be some build plans but that may be asking for a little too much :) The main reason I'd prefer to make (or buy cheaply) is that I'd eventually like to have several brackets round the house (kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, garage, lounge, etc) and at £23 each time, would end up a very expensive proposition.

Guest mintvilla
Title says it all - I'd like to mount the Vega in the kitchen for browsing, watching movies, listening to music, etc. There are may iPad brackets available but it's not clear if these will work with the Vega - my concern is screen thickness, rounded edges, securely fixed, etc. The kind of thing I'm looking for is like this one but it seems expensive for a piece of plastic.

I'm considering having a go myself with some acrylic / plastics I have in the garage but was wondering if anyone else has tried this yet and how successful their efforts were. Even better would be some build plans but that may be asking for a little too much :) The main reason I'd prefer to make (or buy cheaply) is that I'd eventually like to have several brackets round the house (kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, garage, lounge, etc) and at £23 each time, would end up a very expensive proposition.

i cant help you as i am unsure of these things, the only thing i will say is that it will most likely look horrible on the wall - when its on the wall, you cant adjust it for where your standing, for different peoples height etc, and the viewing angle on the vega is really really bad. AM not complaining about it, as its only 200 quid and what you get for that 200 quid is very very good value for money, its obvious that the screen was one of the places they cheaped out on. So yeah although i love your idea of having several brakcets around the house that you can just bash it in there and watch cooking videos/ listening to music/ watch tv shows etc, i dont want you spending some money then being let down after all that money/effort.

Guest MaxiP

I know all about the weakness of the screen but (for me anyway) this isn't going to be used to watch as the main task so the angle isn't that big a problem.

Did find another mounting kit here that looks pretty good and on their website, they show it being used with a Viewsonic 10" & Galaxy Tab

Might just give that one a go as it's cheaper and comes with 2 brackets