Vega splash screen

Guest achromic

Guest achromic

Good evening people,

I was wondering if it's possible to change the splash image on the vega?

Let me explain what I'm going on about (to the best of my abilities that is):

I own an OSF (zte Blade), and using the tutorial on the blade forum, I was able to change the splash image from either the little green android, or the modaco man, or even (gawd forbid) the orange logo.

I've designed a new splash image for my vega, using the one I developed for the OSF.

So, as stated above, I'm just enquiring, as to wether it's possible or not, to change it?

If not, then there's nothing lost, if it is, then I'll upload the image for others to use.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work for this droid tab :)

Guest simonta
Good evening people,

I was wondering if it's possible to change the splash image on the vega?

Let me explain what I'm going on about (to the best of my abilities that is):

I own an OSF (zte Blade), and using the tutorial on the blade forum, I was able to change the splash image from either the little green android, or the modaco man, or even (gawd forbid) the orange logo.

I've designed a new splash image for my vega, using the one I developed for the OSF.

So, as stated above, I'm just enquiring, as to wether it's possible or not, to change it?

If not, then there's nothing lost, if it is, then I'll upload the image for others to use.

Cheers guys, keep up the good work for this droid tab :)

The same technique works on the Vega. This explanation of bootanimation.zip is nice and simple

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hac...-explained.html

Good luck

Cheers

Edited by simonta

Guest achromic

To be honest, it's not the boot screen (well, I don't think it is).

On the blade, there's a splash image, then the boot animation, I've already sorted out the boot anim, using the bootanim.zip pushed into the data/local folder (I think it's that one, my vega is in my back pack at the mo).

If I'm wrong over this, then you guys are correct, and I'm the one with egg on me face, and slinking quietly away into the distance.

I'll check when I charge the baby up.

Guest Solidare
To be honest, it's not the boot screen (well, I don't think it is).

On the blade, there's a splash image, then the boot animation, I've already sorted out the boot anim, using the bootanim.zip pushed into the data/local folder (I think it's that one, my vega is in my back pack at the mo).

If I'm wrong over this, then you guys are correct, and I'm the one with egg on me face, and slinking quietly away into the distance.

I'll check when I charge the baby up.

Hi achromic

You are correct in thinking that the bootanimation and splash are different things.

Unfortunately I don't think it’s possible to change the splash image on the Vega at present since it requires the use of fastboot. I know buzzing bee discovered a way to get fastboot but I’m pretty sure it’s not functional in a way that would allow us to flash a splash image. (The splash is part of the boot.img)

Maybe one of the wizards on here can figure out a way as it would be a nice little extra

Guest achromic

ok, rebooted the vega, and I get 'booting...' then it goes onto the boot animation.

i'm assuming that there might not be a splash image for the vega.

thanks for the help guys

this thread can be closed now

Guest Touch Graphite
ok, rebooted the vega, and I get 'booting...' then it goes onto the boot animation.

i'm assuming that there might not be a splash image for the vega.

thanks for the help guys

this thread can be closed now

You can change the splash screen. It's done in the stock 1.09 ROM from 'Booting....' to a little green Android.

The Advent logo comes later.

Guest Shaizer

Yup touch graphic is right, if you update to stock 1.09 you'll have a green android robot instead of the very ugly booting... and then you can flash r8 over 1.09 for features or flash the rom addon from ganjaman http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931337 which is easier to install and slightly better in my opinion. Or you can flash CorvusVegaRom which is perhaps the smoothest and most bug free rom through clockworkmod (this does not require any addon like r8 or ganjaman)

Guest warriorscot

Seems to vary a lot every advent update has had a different one. It actually started out as the little green android dude when I first got me vega. Then it went to the word Android then booting honestly it doesn't show up long enough for me to notice. It shouldn't be too hard to change if you figure out how the advent updated go about it. I always wished we could package roms the same way as the official updates to make life easier.