Cyanogen CPU settings

Guest tonydl

Guest tonydl

I got a brand new Cyanogenmod on my Blade - and I am still amazed.

But I set my CPU settings with no-frills before I found out that Cyanogen can set this values on it's own - could someone please tell me the default settings because I think they might be the best (at least the warning says so).

I made the following setup with no-frills:

min 245

max 710

gouvernour: smartass

I think the default were ondemand - which one should I use when I want to save more battery?

thanks in advance!

Guest hedgepigdaniel

But I set my CPU settings with no-frills before I found out that Cyanogen can set this values on it's own - could someone please tell me the default settings because I think they might be the best (at least the warning says so).

min 245

max 710

I think the default were ondemand - which one should I use when I want to save more battery?

thanks in advance!

default values:

min: 245

max: 600 (or 604, if thats what it shows)

governor: ondemand

Guest HCDR.Jacob

min 245

max 710

thanks in advance!

Default is:

Min 245

Max 604

Governor ondemand.

To save power, try powersave or interactive governor :)

Default is:

Min 245

Max 604

Governor ondemand.

To save power, try powersave or interactive governor :)

Powersave seems to keep it stuck at the lowest frequency, unless it's been improved recently.

I keep it on ondemand, it's the only governor that seems to work right.

Setting the minimum speed to 122.8 may help to save battery.

• 4 months later...
Guest Sami Beck

Powersave seems to keep it stuck at the lowest frequency, unless it's been improved recently.

I keep it on ondemand, it's the only governor that seems to work right.

Setting the minimum speed to 122.8 may help to save battery.

What about smartass?

Well, it's not much good if you want a responsive 600mhz phone rather than a really slow one stuck at 245mhz.

No it's not, you're right, but HCDR.Jacob was replying to "which one should I use when I want to save more battery?" :)

(though this way it's highly likely your diplay will drain the battery before you get anything done ;) )

Edited by sm4tik

• 1 month later...
Guest Maxsas360

Ondemand, but Smartass gives better phone responsiveness, but SmartassV2 from Sej's builds even gives better battery life than Ondemand and same responsiveness as the V1

Ondemand, but Smartass gives better phone responsiveness, but SmartassV2 from Sej's builds even gives better battery life than Ondemand and same responsiveness as the V1

It would depend I guess. If the phone is sleeping a lot, then smartass will probably be more battery friendly than ondemand as it will cap to the set min freq and use kernel's lowest freq as min freq when sleeping. So if you use smartass with 245-XXX MHz, the phone will sleep with your cpu running between 122-245 MHz. That's the smart part of smartass.. dunno what the ass part would be ;)

Edited by sm4tik