Vega new user rom upgrade time?

Guest stellaaman

Guest stellaaman

I have just decided to download and install r8. I have folowed the instructions and am at a point where I think it's not happening. I have a c prompt screen on my PC that reads 'waiting for device...ensure usb debugging is enabled in settings applications development and connect to pc... daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 daemon started succesfully'

but nothing on this prompt has scrolled any further and was wondering if it should and how long the install takes?

When I installed the latest advent update the c prompt scrolled.

I am now too scared to unplug from usb and try again!

Guest WelshPhil

This happened to me, the Vega had gone into a sort of sleep mode, I just gave the power button a tap, and hey presto the command prompt started running.

Guest stellaaman
It happened to me something alike with Windows Vista. I recommend you to launch .exe as Admin and everything will go ok

just tired again but only got as far as I have just decided to download and install r8. I have folowed the instructions and am at a point where I think it's not happening. I have a c prompt screen on my PC that reads 'waiting for device...ensure usb debugging is enabled in settings applications development and connect to pc!

getting scared now and all I want to do is connect to my Nokia x6 using Joikuspot!

Guest peter a
Have decided that I don't think it's going to work for me and will back away in defeat! Before I do some real damage!

Are you sure that you have installed the drivers correctly?

Guest stellaaman

Yeah I think so but not sure.

When I first got the vega i updated it through Advent and installed drivers from them for usb. Loaded the new update and watched as c prompt chugged merrily away to completion.

I downloaded r8 and included are the usb drivers. I unpacked it all and plugged the Vega in, set to recovery and an audio signal from the pc was sounded and I was promted to install drivers. I pointed the pc to where they were and it installed them and your hardware is ready to use ballon came up. then I double clicked on the windows install bat and then thats the point where the message came up on the cprompt and then nothing.

I have since tried again and this time i get the audio sound from the pc that something usb has been plugged in i then click on the bat and then cprompt comes up then it still does nothing?

Just tried again and I get the usb audio and when i commence upgrade cpromt just says 'waiting to connect to pc'

Edited by stellaaman

Guest warriorscot

Cant really brick a vega so no point in worrying you can always go back to stock. If all it says is daemon running nothing has been sent to the vega that is only happening when you see the push command being used. Sounds more like you did not install the drivers correctly.

Guest stellaaman

I have uninstalled the usb device from the pc and this is a run through of what happened next

power off

recovery mode

windows has found new hardware balloon

found new hardware wizard

no not this time to internet driver search,next

install item from a specific location, next

search for the best driver radio button ticked, include this location in your search,browse chose usb driver\usb_driver folder, next

warning windows logo not passed etc, continue anyway

files needed pop up asking for WinUSBColnstaller.dll, click browse then locate file box comes up with look in i386, open,ok

completing the found new hardware wizard box comes up,finish

found new hardware balloon pops up telling me that new hardware is installed and ready to use

open folder with downloaded rar file

double click on r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned

winrar opens files

double click on install-windows.bat

cprompt appears with 'waiting for device...ensure'usb debigging' is enabled in settings-applications-development and connect to pc

.................then nothing!

Edited by stellaaman

Guest peter a
I think your right, trouble is now how do i reinstall the drivers as when I plug it all in there is no install driver window?

I didn`t use it myself for that , but I think the stock reply on this forum about installing the drivers is :- vega tools 3

READ :-

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...guides-how-tos/

Edited by peter a

Guest warriorscot

If you have to ask that question you haven't read the instructions or enough of the massive thread filled with people asking questions like that.

Guest geoyakult

A good indication on whether you have installed the drivers correctly is that when you have your Vega in debugging mode (Settings>Applications)

and then plug your tablet in your PC - if the drivers are correct the device should come under 'Android Device' in device manager.

does this happen? if not, then even when you execute the .bat file it will not go any further than what you've experienced.

Guest Bobby Elliott
Have decided that I don't think it's going to work for me and will back away in defeat! Before I do some real damage!

Stellaman, did you read my post about installing the upgrade? Can't be bothered looking for it myself, but search for my name and it will appear. It gives a good overview of the process - and it's understanding what you are doing that is key to the process.

Don't give up. It is worth the effort.

Guest premieral
I have uninstalled the usb device from the pc and this is a run through of what happened next

power off

recovery mode

windows has found new hardware balloon

found new hardware wizard

no not this time to internet driver search,next

install item from a specific location, next

search for the best driver radio button ticked, include this location in your search,browse chose usb driver\usb_driver folder, next

warning windows logo not passed etc, continue anyway

files needed pop up asking for WinUSBColnstaller.dll, click browse then locate file box comes up with look in i386, open,ok

completing the found new hardware wizard box comes up,finish

found new hardware balloon pops up telling me that new hardware is installed and ready to use

open folder with downloaded rar file

double click on r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned

winrar opens files

double click on install-windows.bat

cprompt appears with 'waiting for device...ensure'usb debigging' is enabled in settings-applications-development and connect to pc

.................then nothing!

do you have your vega set to usb debugging mode? as this sounds more like its not mate

Guest stellaaman

some success! I followed this to the letter http://android.modaco.com/index.php?act=at...st&id=70546 and in went the rom when I came back to the pc all cprompt had gone and turned on the vega but all I got was the little green android and no movement from there. Have gone back to the old stock rom for the time being will try again tomorrow possibly. Should I have waited longer before turning it on, etc?

Guest stellaaman

Thanks for the advise everyone as today I post from a r8 modfied Vega! Ifollowed the thread I spoke of earlier and this time the Vega rebotted! All that I need now is to find out how to get my Vega to connect to ad hoc wifi.

Guest premieral
Thanks for the advise everyone as today I post from a r8 modfied Vega! Ifollowed the thread I spoke of earlier and this time the Vega rebotted! All that I need now is to find out how to get my Vega to connect to ad hoc wifi.

well done good to know perseverance pays off :)