I bricked my... nah, just messing with you :D

Guest Logseman

Guest Logseman

I hope I won't enrage people with the title... :)

And now the serious thing: I'm having a hard time installing CM7-Tablet Tweaks nightlies. I consistently get "failure by installing the cm7nightlyfile.zip (bad)". I've checked the MD5 checksums and they're all wrong, in spite of downloading the files multiple times, with different machines, among them my Vega itself. What can I do regarding that aspect?

Additionally, what is exactly what one must wipe in CWM in order to install the CM7-TT ROM?

Thanks in advance!

Guest FrownBreaker
I hope I won't enrage people with the title... :)

And now the serious thing: I'm having a hard time installing CM7-Tablet Tweaks nightlies. I consistently get "failure by installing the cm7nightlyfile.zip (bad)". I've checked the MD5 checksums and they're all wrong, in spite of downloading the files multiple times, with different machines, among them my Vega itself. What can I do regarding that aspect?

Additionally, what is exactly what one must wipe in CWM in order to install the CM7-TT ROM?

Thanks in advance!

I think you wipe the cache, data, factory reset and dalvik cache (under advanced) in CWR

Your download is corrupt so you need to use a download manager like Freedownloadmanager or make sure your OS and router are not caching the file. Most ISPs have local caches so it might be there. Try another download site and cold boot all the routers / pcs. Run ccleaner if you use windows to purge local caches like IE and chrome / ffox.

Guest Logseman

I've re-downloaded everything and checked the checksums now, they're all fine. However, I still keep getting the same message. I even tried to install CorvusROM the same way and I still have the same report "(bad)".

I tried as well to push the CWM 3.0.2.4 in Mad-murdock's links, and it said "error scanning partitions". May this be a clue for something going awry in the installation?

Edited by Logseman

Guest FrownBreaker
I've re-downloaded everything and checked the checksums now, they're all fine. However, I still keep getting the same message. I even tried to install CorvusROM the same way and I still have the same report "(bad)".

I tried as well to push the CWM 3.0.2.4 in Mad-murdock's links, and it said "error scanning partitions". May this be a clue for something going awry in the installation?

I'd wipe the partitions ,data, cache, Dalvik and retry. If this does not work install the stock rom and then use Vega tools for clockwork. Then boot recovery and use the zip file for CM7 off SD.

Guest Logseman
I'd wipe the partitions ,data, cache, Dalvik and retry. If this does not work install the stock rom and then use Vega tools for clockwork. Then boot recovery and use the zip file for CM7 off SD.

I've done all those steps. I've even changed the recovery file with the 3.0.2.4 one. Yet I still get "bad" files for everything I try to flash. I'm a bit dismayed because I can't pinpoint where this began... Should I try booting into recovery again?

Guest Logseman
I've done all those steps. I've even changed the recovery file with the 3.0.2.4 one. Yet I still get "bad" files for everything I try to flash. I'm a bit dismayed because I can't pinpoint where this began... Should I try booting into recovery again?

Solved, apparently. It was an issue with my SDcard. I'll format it to see if it helps, but I'd be quite sad if I couldn't use it for this... after all, I bought it ex profeso.