My experience with replacement

Guest bhargav27

Guest bhargav27

OK, I just managed the get a replacement for a pre-flash Vega to the newer version. Basically I had the usual issues with screen being unreliable (too much or too little response), and frequent crashes etc. Although it was running relatively smooth with the Corvus rom I thought I would still get it changed.

The interesting part was that I'd bought the tablet at Dixon's airport shop at M'cr for around £209 with the protection plan. When I took the vega back last week to the local PC world/Currys in Crewe, I was told I should better call Dixon as I could not replicate the problems there. I finally called them today and the guy on the phone checked his system and told me that this is a known problem with the older model. I was then told to go back to the store and tell them it is a code 5 and they will replace it after inspection. I went back to the store and the same person was there who now agreed to replace it after I told him it was code 5. He even said I could go for any other tablet (galaxy tab, ipad old model etc) but I said I want the vega only. However, upon trying, his system advised him to call the helpline to check as it was not showing as a straight swap/code 5 item. Anyways upon calling the phoneline he was told contrary to what I was told that this is repairable and as I was over 28 days it wouldn't be a straight swap. Here, the Curry's guy actually said that I went there last week so technically I was within 28 days period and so he was told to go for manager's discretion. Anyway, the manager agreed and he said he would do it.

Now the sweet part is that as I'd bought it from the airport at a discounted rate, I thought they might ask for a difference of £20. Instead, during the returns process, he actually gave me a refund for £20 as when I bought the non-discounted price was £250. I couldn't believe it! So not only I got the new Vega I also got £20 back. So anyway, this was probably one of the best customer service experience I had for a long time! :)

ok now to getting the corvus back on the new vega!

cheers,

bhargav

Guest Qwertymon

we have 2 systems that tell us what type of product it is, the one we use internally in stores the most is oasis and is in the middle of being upgraded it lists the vega as being code 2, when it is in fact actually code5, as for the refund he technically shouldn't of done that and should of raised the price to match what you paid, but thats the discrection of who is serving you.

The insurance on the device is a telephone call to HO (yea head office not the insurance line lol) and a voucher write off like satnavs. They should of gone through the what ever happens route from the start and saved you some hassel.