Vega Calendar

Guest lonestay

Guest lonestay

Hi newbie poster looking for some information, have a Vega that i have downloaded the aps and progs that i personally require and now have a good set up for my needs, except one problem! How do i use the calendar? When i go to the calendar it just wants me to use an exchange prog i confess to not knowing how this works . I have tried using after market calendars and they install and i think the problem is solved, but when i go to use it a pop up box says i have no calendars installed even though the prog is running and you can see it on screen ! all i need is a working calendar that i dont have to be online with to see ie. Google calendars any ideas please?

Guest peter a
Hi newbie poster looking for some information, have a Vega that i have downloaded the aps and progs that i personally require and now have a good set up for my needs, except one problem! How do i use the calendar? When i go to the calendar it just wants me to use an exchange prog i confess to not knowing how this works . I have tried using after market calendars and they install and i think the problem is solved, but when i go to use it a pop up box says i have no calendars installed even though the prog is running and you can see it on screen ! all i need is a working calendar that i dont have to be online with to see ie. Google calendars any ideas please?

I just use the default one which uses google calendar, that syncs with your on line calender, but is off line.

Guest lonestay
I just use the default one which uses google calendar, that syncs with your on line calender, but is off line.

Peter A thanks for the reply when i go to the calendar it just puts me into the exchange set up do i just put my Google details into it and it syncs ? Sorry to be sounding so thick!!! havent got totally to grips with the Android system yet .

Guest peter a
Peter A thanks for the reply when i go to the calendar it just puts me into the exchange set up do i just put my Google details into it and it syncs ? Sorry to be sounding so thick!!! havent got totally to grips with the Android system yet .

I can't remember setting it up, by adding my gmail address, but that could be right.

Guest warwound

Look in Settings > Accounts & sync > Manage accounts.

Select an account and on the next screen you can enable or disable what it syncs online.

warwound.

Guest lonestay
Look in Settings > Accounts & sync > Manage accounts.

Select an account and on the next screen you can enable or disable what it syncs online.

warwound.

warwound and everybody else who has replied thank you for taking the time to reply, i will go do what you say and see if that sorts my little problem out . I am so close to getting the perfect set up for my needs and all for the fraction of the price of an I pad !!!

Guest lonestay

Ok i have gone to settings then Accounts and sync, on the page i have Background data and auto sync ticked and in a smaller grey box manage accounts with nothing in it . At bottom of screen i have add account when i press this i go to a screen with you can configure. an exchange account in just a few steps it then has

an email box and a password box when i put in my google account details it just says connection not available i have the SSL box ticked at this point as well, so i have no idea !!!!! this is the page that comes up when i go to the calendar icon on the home screen as well . Am know a fully paid up member of very cofused .com lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest warwound
Ok i have gone to settings then Accounts and sync, on the page i have Background data and auto sync ticked and in a smaller grey box manage accounts with nothing in it . At bottom of screen i have add account when i press this i go to a screen with you can configure. an exchange account in just a few steps it then has

an email box and a password box when i put in my google account details it just says connection not available i have the SSL box ticked at this point as well, so i have no idea !!!!! this is the page that comes up when i go to the calendar icon on the home screen as well . Am know a fully paid up member of very cofused .com lol!!!!!!!!!!!

Which ROM have you got installed?

warwound.

Guest lonestay

Hi warwound am using the vega fresh out the box havent played wiith roms and upgrades etc etc. I have downloaded items as apk files but the unit is exactly as it came from factory.