Anyone know where i can get one?

Guest bearded1

Guest bearded1

Anyone know where i can get one? or does anyone know when they are coming into which stores - online or actual shop?

i seem to have missed the first round of stock.. so i'm a bit miffed

Guest bearded1

i called comet and irritatingly they will only deliver to the card holder address.. which i fine and all but i'll be at work! i'll go into the big store in these parts and see what they can do - if anything.. grr

Guest Markteacher
i called comet and irritatingly they will only deliver to the card holder address.. which i fine and all but i'll be at work! i'll go into the big store in these parts and see what they can do - if anything.. grr

I am waiting for a replacement for mine from Comet which was due to be delivered on Thursday 21st, but they phoned me today to knock it back to Tuesday 26th because of stock shortages, and these are coming out of the main warehouse, so they are definately struggling to keep up with demand.

Keep trying, they are well worth it, and from playing with the Xoom in pcworld yesterday, in my opinion it is far better in both feel and screen quality.

How come can Comet still deliver within the 1th of june, while Amazon can't deliver any at all? (I dont even think Amazon got any in the first place)

Comet must have payed Asus big bucks to get the whole UK shipment

Guest Matchstick
How come can Comet still deliver within the 1th of june, while Amazon can't deliver any at all? (I dont even think Amazon got any in the first place)

Comet must have payed Asus big bucks to get the whole UK shipment

I think Asus's plan was to assign stock to physical stores like Comet first so that people would get a chance to walk in and try one out first hand and then supply the online retailers next. But for whatever reason that seems to have all gone to pot with Comet seemingly selling most of their units over the web rather than instore and the next wave of deliveries (inlcuding the keyboards) seeming to have gotten lost in the post.

Edited by Matchstick

Guest highbury-gooner

Hi guys, ok so i had mine om pre-order with Amazon, availability changed . ship early June, hmmm and they may change again. So i followed a link i think i saw on here for www.quidco.com , registered , checked to see what offers were available through Comet, ended up with 5% off anything over £300 + 2.5% cashback which came to £360 for the tablet ( non dock version) and ended up with a £9 cashback paid back onto my card , could have had an earlier delivery but at a small cost, i wasnt fussed so got free delivery for the 3/5/11. Happy days worth registering to knock a few quid off!! :) :)

I think this current offer expires on 19/4/11

Edited by highbury-gooner

Guest Turbo_lew

I ordered from Comet and got it delivered to my work address. they did call me back to ask why i was having it delivered to another address as a security check. I got it the next day. Now all I need is the dock.

Guest thewinst
ordered today from the carphone warehouse as listed 'in stock' in theory it should turn up tomorrow - hurrah!

Thanks the heads up! :)

I ordered one not long after...then they went to 'out of stock' on the site...sorry peeps...

I did wonder at first if they could honour it and if they realy did have stock. Seeing as ASUS apologised this morning for having very little stock available for retailers.

But I received a 'order dispatched' email this afternoon and it would seem DHL are taking care of it for me till tomorrow! :)

One issue tho... I had also pre-ordered one at a comet store first thing this morning, with a expected at store late nx week.

Winst

Guest chrispazz

ASUS has already introduced the Transformer here in Italy but there are no units on sale.

Any way to get one from UK dispatched here in Italy?

I do not want to buy one from taiwan because of the price, duties and shipping times.

When I was in London two weeks ago I did not find anything in shops....

Thank you very much.

Chris

Guest chrispazz

Also a web site that ships to UK is ok for me but I just checked Comet that has removed it from web site and Carphonewarehouse is out of stock.....

Guest Mr.Clark

Ebuyer are claiming 18th May, but the Asus Facebook page said that could be recalculated as stock clears customs. All the bank holidays aren't helping either (but I'm not complaining that we've got them!)

Guest Mr.Clark

Rubbish. I swapped my order to a tablet only, they've taken the money, have 14 in stock, but say they won't ship until the 3rd May...

Guest Markteacher
And - gone out of stock again!

And my replacement for the screen bleed issue has just been bumped AGAIN, from 26 April to 3rd May.