This is why Comet wont sell many Asus Transformers

Guest RedSlug

Guest RedSlug

Far away from the Hi-Tech laptop and iPad section I found this ..

njhlx.jpg

Hidden away in amongst the dictaphones and car-chargers

I guess Comet are iPad fans. :)

But they got a huge shipment from Asus, compaired to amazon who got none or almost none (I haven't heard of one person who got their Transformer from Amazon, but plenty gote theirs from Comet)

I preordered mine from Amazon the 3rd this month, and it got delayed, i don't belive they got some.

That doesn't make any sence...

Guest foxmeister
But they got a huge shipment from Asus, compaired to amazon who got none or almost none (I haven't heard of one person who got their Transformer from Amazon, but plenty gote theirs from Comet)

I preordered mine from Amazon the 3rd this month, and it got delayed, i don't belive they got some.

That doesn't make any sence...

I'd imagine most of the Comet Transformers are sold online rather than instore.

Regards,

Dave

Guest gordon brown

At least that comet has one in store, when I went to my local store and after a minute of dumbfounded looks when I asked about the transformer, aus transformer, transformer tablet, the tablet from asus etc i finally got the response that they had iPads and gave up. Maybe I should have asked for the new Asus dictaphone, never thought to look in that section.

Guest steaky1212
At least that comet has one in store, when I went to my local store and after a minute of dumbfounded looks when I asked about the transformer, aus transformer, transformer tablet, the tablet from asus etc i finally got the response that they had iPads and gave up. Maybe I should have asked for the new Asus dictaphone, never thought to look in that section.

I had exactly the same response in my local Comet. After I said it was on their website, they suggested that I could order it and pick it up from the shop. Perhaps I should have just looked in the dictaphone section. Fortunately though I used a 5% off voucher online so saved a bit of cash.

I did have a bit of a shock when they rang up to say delivery would be put back a week or so.

Guest Johnrg
Comet made it impossible to place a simple order online and dealing with it was a nightmare so I went with Laskys.

Well I've had Comet on the phone this afternoon to let me know that unfortunately they'll not be able to deliver my tablet on the 21st as per my order from over a week ago...

I'm not particularly impressed, especially when I rang them this morning to confirm the delivery was still going ahread, to which i was told it was scheduled for delivery for the 21st.

Luckily I've not cancelled my pre-order with Amazon! I'll just have to wait and see where the first lots get delivered. Ideally though, I'll not be getting it from Comet!

Guest Boyers
Well I've had Comet on the phone this afternoon to let me know that unfortunately they'll not be able to deliver my tablet on the 21st as per my order from over a week ago...

I'm not particularly impressed, especially when I rang them this morning to confirm the delivery was still going ahread, to which i was told it was scheduled for delivery for the 21st.

Luckily I've not cancelled my pre-order with Amazon! I'll just have to wait and see where the first lots get delivered. Ideally though, I'll not be getting it from Comet!

I tried to order one from Amazon in early April and was then informed that my order would be delayed until June. Cancelled order and placed it with Comet (delivery due 21st April), now informed by Comet that they can't ship until 9th May although they have already debited my CC.

If you wanted a more moronic way to launch a product, look no further than Asus - they have totally FuC*** up the launch. What a bunch of half-wits:-

1) Release it to a company that is more used to selling kettles and washing machines

2) Ensure that same company only ships via mail order - you can't actually see or try it beforehand.

3) Ensure that the dock offer is not available - the dock is vapourware

4) Offer a keyboard special that expires weeks before folk can actually get a Transformer.

I trust that the pathetic marketing executives at Asus will be in touch with Apple very soon about how to alienate your customers and learn some simple lessons about how NOT to screw up things.

Apologies from Asus are just useless.

Guest gswallow

I can certainly understand your frustrations but some of your points are simply incorrect. I tried before I bought, in store in Comet. Something PCWorld couldn't manage for my old Vega. The keyboard dock is not vapourware, check out the Engadget review for proof, its just not here yet. Seriously what difference does a few days or weeks make?

You also need to look at the options for Asus on distribution. DSG or Comet are the 2 main contenders outside of dept stores, and look how inept DSG are. You yourslef complain about the web store option, so the genuine physical store options weren't great. Secondly, To put the launch in context, a lot of Brits have been waiting for our first taste of Honeycomb - clearly the first device to market was going to be popular, added to this was the bonus that it didn't come with the optimistic pricing of the Xoom, so they sold out fast.

I sincerely hope Asus can restock to meet demand as this could genuinely be a contender in the emerging tablet battle.....

Guest zen123

Actually my local comet superstore had a demonstration unit. Before I bought mine I went in to try & the chap pulled one out from under the counter. He said it only arrived the day before & they were still getting to grips with it before actually putting it on display. I haven't been back since so I don't know if they put it with the dictaphones but at least they knew what I was.

I've since returned mine though.