[ROM] 25-04-11 Gambaro ROM V0.2 for P10AN01 tablets (Vega, Viewpad 10s, Mobii, ...)

Guest beegee1962

Guest beegee1962
yes, i would like to have suspend mode when i press powe button

I guess you want something like:

Short press power button -> suspend mode

Long press power button -> power menu

I have no idea how to do this. For now there is the suspend option in the menu.

You can try Screen Off and Lock from the market. That brings you direct into suspend mode when you press the shortcut on the screen.

NTFS automount / manual mount is not working at the moment. I tried with corvus kernel 0.1 and I cannot get a NTFS formated USB stick to work. And with the newer corvus kernels (from 0.5 ROM and 5 ROM) I have a screen rotation problem.

So for now no NTFS support. Sorry. But I will try to get it into the next version.

I guess you want something like:

Short press power button -> suspend mode

yes, i'd like to want that. this feature is inclused in all rom that i tried until now.

unfortunately i can not give you a feedback on rom v0.2 until the and of holiday (may 2).

thanks for your job

Edited by boh

Guest beegee1962
yes, i'd like to want that. this feature is inclused in all rom that i tried until now.

unfortunately i can not give you a feedback on rom v0.2 until the and of holiday (may 2).

thanks for your job

Short press -> suspend is unfortunately not yet in the ROM, same for NTFS automount. Maybe in V0.3 after my holidays.

Guest niko_3100

Beegee I have a Pov Mobii with official firmware v1.10 can I flash my tablet with your custom rom?? or Do I have to downgrade to v1.09 and then puts your custom rom?? I don't have an integrated 3g card, it's the same, right??

Guest Rovarn

Why add a file manager we can downlod at market? Please add iFileManager! I also miss live backgrounds in this rom, everything else seems to work just fine, gps, market, 3g etc.!

Good work, I like this rom but please take notise of my suggestion. My pad is a Mobii TEGRA Tablet 10.1''

(Sorry for bad language :) )

Rovarn

Guest Rovarn
Beegee I have a Pov Mobii with official firmware v1.10 can I flash my tablet with your custom rom?? or Do I have to downgrade to v1.09 and then puts your custom rom?? I don't have an integrated 3g card, it's the same, right??

I did a flash from updated pow to 1.10, this rom boot from recoverymode. I think it doesent matter whats on the pad when flashing. Very easy!

(Sorry for bad language)

Rovarn

Guest beegee1962

You can directly flash my ROM, no need to downgrade to 1.09 first. And it will work, even without internal 3G card.

Guest beegee1962
Why add a file manager we can downlod at market? Please add iFileManager! I also miss live backgrounds in this rom, everything else seems to work just fine, gps, market, 3g etc.!

Good work, I like this rom but please take notise of my suggestion. My pad is a Mobii TEGRA Tablet 10.1''

(Sorry for bad language :) )

Rovarn

iFileManager causes FC with the Corvus kernel, if you have a version that works, I will integrate it. The filemanager was the wish of another user, anyway, it can be uninstalled easily as I put it into data, not system.

The backgrounds were removed to save some space, if you really need them, I can create an update package that brings them back.

Thanks for the good feedback.

Guest freerider

Great work, this is the first ROM which work with integrated GPS in my Point of View Mobii.

Also 3G mobile internet works fine with the integrated card but when i try to make phone

calls i can receive and make it, but I have no sound. I don't hear and my friend don't hear me.

Is it even possible to make phone calls with the POV?

Guest Hasanpb
Great work, this is the first ROM which work with integrated GPS in my Point of View Mobii.

Also 3G mobile internet works fine with the integrated card but when i try to make phone

calls i can receive and make it, but I have no sound. I don't hear and my friend don't hear me.

Hi,

I`m happy too with this ROM (GPS and 3G works fine) but I`m worry about phone call, modem in POV is only for data :mellow: so I`m using Sipdroid and CSimple for VoIP, it works fine via 3G.

Guest beegee1962

My 3G card Huawei EM770W does not support phone calls, I get the same, call seems to go out, but nothing to hear. Not sure how to test or check if just something is missing in the Android build.

Guest pumo

Hi

I just updatet gambaro 0.2 to my pov mobii 10 tablet (with 3g) it works better and smoother than original rom!

but am I missing something?

usb doesnt work any more, no sticks or keyboard which worked original rom.

and bluetooth wont find anything and and I cannot find tablet with my phone (htc desire z).

edit: got usb working, found from buzz vega kernel that device should reboot with pressing back button.

Edited by pumo

Guest beegee1962
Hi

I just updatet gambaro 0.2 to my pov mobii 10 tablet (with 3g) it works better and smoother than original rom!

but am I missing something?

usb doesnt work any more, no sticks or keyboard which worked original rom.

and bluetooth wont find anything and and I cannot find tablet with my phone (htc desire z).

edit: got usb working, found from buzz vega kernel that device should reboot with pressing back button.

I will add the information about USB host mode in the first post.

Sorry for the Bluetooth problem, I never use it, so I didn't test it. I can confirm your problem and will see if I can fix it.

Guest boh

I try to install gambaro v. 0.2 and this is what i like me, that is possible to manage mobile network option directly via menu (option-> networks and wirless voice instead google sync voice).

this is problem list:

*gps does'n work beacouse i can't use bluetoth gps dongle about bluetooth bug but maybe works if it has got builtin dedicated dongle.

* i search for Opera Mobile in the google market and i don't find it, but i found mini version :mellow:

these are the bugs that i founded until now, anyway thanks for your job.

Edited by boh

Guest tatoone

Hi,

I have a Olivetti Olipad 100, a italian rebrand of malata Zpad?

This rom work on my device, and it's possible to usa the 1 gb of ram and the 3g module?

Thanks.

Guest beegee1962
I try to install gambaro v. 0.2 and this is what i like me, that is possible to manage mobile network option directly via menu (option-> networks and wirless voice instead google sync voice).

this is problem list:

*gps does'n work beacouse i can't use bluetoth gps dongle about bluetooth bug but maybe works if it has got builtin dedicated dongle.

* i search for Opera Mobile in the google market and i don't find it, but i found mini version :mellow:

these are the bugs that i founded until now, anyway thanks for your job.

Version 0.3a with fixed bluetooth and CorvusKernel 0.2 (Overclock) is on the way. Uploading the files now.

For Opera Mobile, did you try Market Enabler? I wrote a short post about it here.

Guest beegee1962
Hi,

I have a Olivetti Olipad 100, a italian rebrand of malata Zpad?

This rom work on my device, and it's possible to usa the 1 gb of ram and the 3g module?

Thanks.

Sorry, The Malata ZPad has a different hardware, and this ROM will not work on it.

Guest beegee1962
how do I change default launcher from original to VTL launcher?

There is a possibility to change through Applications->Manage Applications, but I forgot. :mellow:

Try Home Switcher for Froyo from the market.

It lets you switch between installed launchers and clear the default one as well.

Guest tdmanutd
Version 0.3a with fixed bluetooth and CorvusKernel 0.2 (Overclock) is on the way. Uploading the files now.

For Opera Mobile, did you try Market Enabler? I wrote a short post about it here.

Wow new version!

Are there are changes in Framework and icon?

I'm using this ROM and the only concern i have is the icon in it (just personal preference).

I'm trying to change the framework-res with the other i found (honeycomb framework, etc.) in this forum but it never starts (just blank screen).

Do you have any suggestion?