Location based services

Guest Bobby Elliott

Guest Bobby Elliott

How come none of the apps that use your location work on the Vega? Whenever I try, it searches for my location but never finds it.

Guest premieral
How come none of the apps that use your location work on the Vega? Whenever I try, it searches for my location but never finds it.

No gps maybe

Guest Bobby Elliott
No gps maybe

Yes. No GPS and no 3G so I guess that's it. I (stupidly) thought it could use wi-fi but, of course, wi-fi will not provide location info.

Guest trevor432990
Yes. No GPS and no 3G so I guess that's it. I (stupidly) thought it could use wi-fi but, of course, wi-fi will not provide location info.

Did you ever get your Wayfinder GPS Receiver working correctly using the instructions I gave you in the other topic you raised? If so you would be able to use location services without any problem. :)

Guest Tony Williams

I'm using the latest cm7 nightly build and location based services work well using WI-FI, pretty accurate too. Proves that its possible on the Vega so must be a limitation of the original ROM.

Guest wipeout140
I'm using the latest cm7 nightly build and location based services work well using WI-FI, pretty accurate too. Proves that its possible on the Vega so must be a limitation of the original ROM.

100% agree I was amazed when i opened Google maps and it found me at my house, I was very impressed as all others fail at finding me

Guest Minimonkey
100% agree I was amazed when i opened Google maps and it found me at my house, I was very impressed as all others fail at finding me

On the Corvus Rom at the no and Google maps has found my location but I have just tried some other apps and they do not work (around me is one) does any other than maps work on CM7?

Guest Tony Williams
On the Corvus Rom at the no and Google maps has found my location but I have just tried some other apps and they do not work (around me is one) does any other than maps work on CM7?

Mmm Around Me force closes, Google's search page identifies the correct location, will experiment a bit more.

Guest Bobby Elliott
Did you ever get your Wayfinder GPS Receiver working correctly using the instructions I gave you in the other topic you raised?

Yes, I got the Wayfinder to work in Google Maps - but nothing else. I think that this is a limitation of the Vega/Wayfinder?

Guest trevor432990
Yes, I got the Wayfinder to work in Google Maps - but nothing else. I think that this is a limitation of the Vega/Wayfinder?

Strange. Which location based apps are you trying which fail with the Wayfinder so I can test?