Asus Release Press Release on UK Transformer Supplies

Guest Matchstick

Guest Matchstick

And there's some good news.

According to this Asus Press Release (which they sent me in reply to a tweet asking about the the expected FOTA release)

"We are now due to receive a significant quantity of both Eee Pad Transformers and keyboard docks at the end of April/early May (exact date will depend on customs clearance and freight forwarding to our retailers)"

So hopefully this will mean that those 1st June Amazon delivery dates won't actually come true and also those of us who ordered the keyboard upgrade will be getting it quite soon as well.

Oddly asus said that the reason for the delays was "We have implemented a number of additional testing procedures for the Eee Pad Transformer to ensure an unrivalled user-experience."

In marketting speak that usually that means that the the company cocked up and the original version of the product was unusably buggy, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time so I wonder what they are actually referring to ? Applying the updated firmware before shipping the bulk of the tablets ?

http://asus.co.uk/pr/wp-content/uploads/AS...-April-2011.pdf

Other good news is that Asus do seem to have sold alot more transformers that they were expecting which bodes well for ongoing support from Asus and also for honeycomb in general :)

Guest mamoulian
According to this Asus Press Release (which they sent me in reply to a tweet asking about the the expected FOTA release)

Did they have anything to say about the FOTA?

Looking forward to my keyboard! Getting annoyed building props out of cushions...

Guest Matchstick
Did they have anything to say about the FOTA?

Looking forward to my keyboard! Getting annoyed building props out of cushions...

Sadly nothing about the FOTA :)

Hopefully they won't keep us waiting too long for it.

Guest GMScribe
And there's some good news.

"We are now due to receive a significant quantity of both Eee Pad Transformers and keyboard docks at the end of April/early May (exact date will depend on customs clearance and freight forwarding to our retailers)"

So hopefully this will mean that those 1st June Amazon delivery dates won't actually come true and also those of us who ordered the keyboard upgrade will be getting it quite soon as well.

Oddly asus said that the reason for the delays was "We have implemented a number of additional testing procedures for the Eee Pad Transformer to ensure an unrivalled user-experience."

In marketting speak that usually that means that the the company cocked up and the original version of the product was unusably buggy, but that doesn't seem to be the case this time so I wonder what they are actually referring to ? Applying the updated firmware before shipping the bulk of the tablets ?

http://asus.co.uk/pr/wp-content/uploads/AS...-April-2011.pdf

Other good news is that Asus do seem to have sold alot more transformers that they were expecting which bodes well for ongoing support from Asus and also for honeycomb in general :)

Haha let me know if they're just running newer software or if there's a hardware revision number change, if so I'll be angry =P

Sadly nothing about the FOTA :)

Hopefully they won't keep us waiting too long for it.

I read over on xda that the fota was due for 5am UK time tomorrow(Tues)

Guest blondejon
I read over on xda that the fota was due for 5am UK time tomorrow(Tues)

fingers crossed although Im quite happy with what pauls r1 mod has done to pep it up :)

Edited by blondejon

Guest GMScribe
fingers crossed although Im quite happy with what pauls r1 mod has done to pep it up :)

I just want a ROM pre-installed with authenticated proxy!