Default widgets not refreshing? (and email client quirks)

Guest Adam_J

Guest Adam_J

I've noticed a few strange quirks with the default EEE Pad Transformer widgets on the default screen - has anyone else had these issues?

1) The date shown was a day behind even though the correct date/time was shown in the notification area.

2) The unread email counter (on the default client) doesn't seem to notify for any new emails (This is a pain as I used the Yahoo Mail client on the last Advent Vega tablet and this notified/beeped when a new email was received - it looks like this isn't available yet as an official honeycomb 3.0 compatible app - the default email client doesn't seem to show new emails which have been auto forwarded in to specific Yahoo folders without manual going in to the folder to initiate a refresh!!)

Guest Adam_J
I've noticed a few strange quirks with the default EEE Pad Transformer widgets on the default screen - has anyone else had these issues?

1) The date shown was a day behind even though the correct date/time was shown in the notification area.

2) The unread email counter (on the default client) doesn't seem to notify for any new emails (This is a pain as I used the Yahoo Mail client on the last Advent Vega tablet and this notified/beeped when a new email was received - it looks like this isn't available yet as an official honeycomb 3.0 compatible app - the default email client doesn't seem to show new emails which have been auto forwarded in to specific Yahoo folders without manual going in to the folder to initiate a refresh!!)

I thought I'd post a short update - I've moved to another email provider (that also allows IMAP / secure connectivity) and the 'unread email' counter on the default home screen now updates correctly when receiving new mail, so it must have been something strange with Yahoo Mail! (one to be aware of.... :) )