[ROM] Japanese Spring - Gen 2 only

Guest Len Ash

• 2 weeks later...
Guest gtse

FM radio is fine on me!

Also franklish themes for SS5 seem to be compatible, I've installed Gingerbread thin circle and works fine.. sweet.. :mellow:

Guest danmanbad

hi thanks for the great rom it seem to work fine except one thing the cache for the market but instead of asking i searched and i found a redirect script for clockwork install its by wbaw and it works fine so if you are having truble downloading from the market goto http://android.modaco.com/content-page/330...3-gen1/page/60/ and download the cache2tmpfs blade froyo signed install using clock work and it should work it did for me

and once again thanks for the great rom and every thing seems to be working ok

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest be4con
Does it have A2SD , if not does it work with darktremmor?

Looks nice, but I'm having a problem downloading market apps since I flashed - downloads start, then pause, then fail. Trying to work out if it's down to the ROM or something else. Anyone else having that problem?

Guest Len Ash
Looks nice, but I'm having a problem downloading market apps since I flashed - downloads start, then pause, then fail. Trying to work out if it's down to the ROM or something else. Anyone else having that problem?

You have updated to Gen 2 via wbaw's TPT?

Cache partition too small - needs to be 15 - 20Mb

No, it doesn't. Market works fine with CM7, so I guess, it's simply the one script that's missing in froyos, redirecting the cache partition on sd-card. Shouldn't be so hard to find.

EDIT: here it is. cache2tmpfs Link mirror1 mirror2

md5sum: c89cb62c10e6ff622d1a4c1809596e91

Edited by bhf

Guest Len Ash
No, it doesn't. Market works fine with CM7, so I guess, it's simply the one script that's missing in froyos, redirecting the cache partition on sd-card. Shouldn't be so hard to find.

At the time I did the 2.2 ROMs, TPT Gen 2 updates weren't available. And their applicability to ONLY CM7 and SS5...

So the cache size mattered....

Guest be4con
You have updated to Gen 2 via wbaw's TPT?

Cache partition too small - needs to be 15 - 20Mb

I did indeed use wbaw's TPT, are you saying that I need to increase my cache size and that will solve the problem? How do I go about checking my cache size on the phone?

That looks to be for a Gen 1 phone, mine is now Gen 2 after the wbaw TPT.

At the time I did the 2.2 ROMs, TPT Gen 2 updates weren't available. And their applicability to ONLY CM7 and SS5...

So the cache size mattered....

I'm confused now :D . Can you explain to a noob, in words of one syllable, what I need to do to solve this? Do I need to change the cache? If I do how do I go about doing it?

TIA

Edit: Just realised that this:

hi thanks for the great rom it seem to work fine except one thing the cache for the market but instead of asking i searched and i found a redirect script for clockwork install its by wbaw and it works fine so if you are having truble downloading from the market goto http://android.modaco.com/content-page/330...3-gen1/page/60/ and download the cache2tmpfs blade froyo signed install using clock work and it should work it did for me

and once again thanks for the great rom and every thing seems to be working ok

is referring to the same script as bhf linked. But again, the thread states for Gen 1 phones. If this is the right thing to do can someone with a better understanding than me please confirm? TIA

Edited by be4con

Guest h@mster81

I've been using this ROM for a week now. It is very stable and smooth so I'm very happy as I had some problems with SS4/5.

Although I had some weird in-call mic issues and sometime media volume got a huge boost but did a full wipe and re-flashed ROM and it seems to be ok now.

Re market I have no issues. I've installed Extra Settings from Swedish Spring and enabled compcache though.

Guest be4con
Re market I have no issues. I've installed Extra Settings from Swedish Spring and enabled compcache though.

Do you know where I can get that app? I've done a forum search and apart from a reference in kallt_kaffe's SS thread I can't find any other mention of it?

Guest h@mster81
Do you know where I can get that app? I've done a forum search and apart from a reference in kallt_kaffe's SS thread I can't find any other mention of it?

You need to download SS5 and search for it in the zip. It's called SSparts.apk. Just copy apk to SDcard and install it. Works like charm. :D

Guest be4con
You need to download SS5 and search for it in the zip. It's called SSparts.apk. Just copy apk to SDcard and install it. Works like charm. :D

I'm glad you told me the name I was just in the process of searching through the zip and couldn't find the likely candidate. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Sadly, that's not solved a thing. I enabled the 32Mb compcache but I still have the same problem, market apps start to download then fail after a second or 2. I might do a full wipe and restart afresh and see if it solves the issue. if not I'll have to try a different ROM. Shame as I like the look and speed and battery life of this ROM a lot.

Any other thoughts from anyone before I do this? Thanks

Edited by be4con

Guest h@mster81
I'm glad you told me the name I was just in the process of searching through the zip and couldn't find the likely candidate. Thanks a lot.

EDIT: Sadly, that's not solved a thing. I enabled the 32Mb compcache but I still have the same problem, market apps start to download then fail after a second or 2. I might do a full wipe and restart afresh and see if it solves the issue. if not I'll have to try a different ROM. Shame as I like the look and speed and battery life of this ROM a lot.

Any other thoughts from anyone before I do this? Thanks

I do apologise. Tried to install some big apps and it doesn't work. It seems we have to change partition layout?!

Edit: apparently cache can be moved to SD card using a script or app.

Edited by h@mster81

Guest h@mster81

It seems this solution (storing cache in RAM) has some flaws. I experienced quite unusual battery drain and Spare parts shows nothing extraordinary. I had the same problem with SS5 that's why I switched. I just re-flashed ROM and moved cache to SD instead. Will report back.

Guest be4con
It seems this solution (storing cache in RAM) has some flaws. I experienced quite unusual battery drain and Spare parts shows nothing extraordinary. I had the same problem with SS5 that's why I switched. I just re-flashed ROM and moved cache to SD instead. Will report back.

That's interesting as my wife reports better battery life than stock. How did you move cache to sd?

Guest h@mster81
That's interesting as my wife reports better battery life than stock. How did you move cache to sd?

Battery life is really good in general. Battery drain occurs only after "using" cache (browser, e-mail, market?) and stops after reboot. I had the same with Swedish Spring.

No battery drain with re-flashed ROM though.

Re cache to SD I've found an app that does the job.

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-c0a8bf2e.html