Android Market Problems

Guest befcasr

Guest befcasr

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else had encountered problems installing apps? I've tried to install several apps over the last 24 hours but with no luck at all. I managed to install a number of apps within the first week of owning my transformer, but within the last 24 hours I keep getting the message "installation unsuccessful". I've Googled the problem and whilst there seems to be fixes for other android devices (I've tried these potential fixes but none of them worked) I can't find any suggestions for the Transformer. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks in advance!

I tried something simular with my HTC Desire. The solution was to delete the data (not the program) from the Android Marked App. I don't know if it works with Honeycomb

Guest befcasr

Yeah unfortunately that was one of the potential fixes I tried. Clearing the cache or application data of Android Market didn't fix the problem. The problem seems to be related to SD cards, however unmounting my SD card has not fixed the problem either.

Guest befcasr

For anyone who's interested I think I've found what was causing the problem. Eventually I got fed up of the problem, backed up my data and did a factory reset on my transformer. This appeared to fix the problem.... until I loaded my backed up data back onto the device. I've realised that because I only had ~900mb of space free on the hard drive, this was causing the installations to fail. I don't understand why it wouldn't let me install a 4mb app when there was in excess of 900mb free, but me freeing up some extra room has indeed fixed the problem. Perhaps there's something included into the setup of honeycomb or even android market that limits the installation of apps when there is less than 1gb of space free?

Guest Moggz

I had the same issue, filled my sd card and internet memory with films & couldn't install any apps from the market, I had about 1.3GB left at the time but when I removed all my films it seemed to work then, not sure what the limit is though...