2.3.3 WITH Sense

Guest EddyOS

Guest EddyOS

Surprised no one has mentioned the Desire leaked 2.3.3 ROM on here yet. For those not in the know, there's a leak of an official HTC ROM for the Desire. Stable as hell but running an older version of Sense, I've already released a repackaged version and LeeDroid has already got a custom ROM going so those wanting some Gingerbread action without having to faff about with moving half the ROM to your SD card go take a look!! :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1038195

Guest vfrvulcan

Thanks for the pointer Eddy.

Had a look there (xda) last night having felt the urge to look for and try a GingerSense while waiting for one from Paul but didn't see this one.

Found SuperROM HD by TamirDa but realised it was Froyo after flashing it :)

AlphaRev barfs part way through the HBOOT/S-OFF process with bits not found but this was with SuperROM already installed (I was going to also try RCMix0.7)

Now that I've reverted back to ReflexTSense HD1.5 which has been stable since December I'll have another go at AlphaRev and LeeDroid's ROM (I'm seeing that peeps need HBOOT 0.93 for successful install, hence the AlphaRev).

Cheers

Aaron

Guest djtosh

im using Insertcoin a2sd+ ginger sense rom, its brilliant and running alot faster and more reliably than most froyo roms that i used, although not having trackpad to wake is extremely annoying

Guest vfrvulcan

I agree. Installed Insert Coin last night after LeeDroid 3.0.2 and it looks good, very smooth. The only thing I've noticed so far is if you 'whip your finger' up the main app list it stops after a screenful rather than whizzing to the end like stock or other ROMs.

Got so used to the trackpad wake-up on ReflexTSense, strange using the power button again :)

• 1 month later...
Guest lufchigh

After installing leedroid rom a few weeks back (and subsequent update to v3.0.6-r2) I have found that gps/satnav drains the battery even when plugged into a car charger. By my calculations it drains about 15% of the battery every hour even when plugged into charger! Before i changed to leedroid, if i used satnav with the car charger plugged in, the phone would actually charge. The other day I made a four hour journey with the phone starting at about 75% charged...by the time I reached my destination it was down to just under 15%!!!

I normally use Orange Maps for satnav, but have also tried it with google maps navigation with the same results. I have also tried two different car chargers.

I'm using radio 32.56.00.32u_5.17.05.08

Any ideas? This is a real pain because any long journey with satnav will kill my phone.

Guest M Brouns
After installing leedroid rom a few weeks back (and subsequent update to v3.0.6-r2) I have found that gps/satnav drains the battery even when plugged into a car charger. By my calculations it drains about 15% of the battery every hour even when plugged into charger! Before i changed to leedroid, if i used satnav with the car charger plugged in, the phone would actually charge. The other day I made a four hour journey with the phone starting at about 75% charged...by the time I reached my destination it was down to just under 15%!!!

I normally use Orange Maps for satnav, but have also tried it with google maps navigation with the same results. I have also tried two different car chargers.

I'm using radio 32.56.00.32u_5.17.05.08

Any ideas? This is a real pain because any long journey with satnav will kill my phone.

Funny you ran into that too! I experienced exactly the same. Battery drained while on charger and my phone was bloody hot?! Now using RCMix S F1.7 and that seems to be running okay. If I remember correctly most gingerbread ROMs had campass issues and in RCMix S v1.7 they claim that solved. Pls let me know ifthat ROM is any better will for you. I have not tested nav usage yet...

Guest persko
Funny you ran into that too! I experienced exactly the same. Battery drained while on charger and my phone was bloody hot?! Now using RCMix S F1.7 and that seems to be running okay. If I remember correctly most gingerbread ROMs had campass issues and in RCMix S v1.7 they claim that solved. Pls let me know ifthat ROM is any better will for you. I have not tested nav usage yet...

I installed RCMix S v1.3A2SD+ Bravo HBoot a couble of weeks ago, and Battery life is great, I managed to use the phone for 48 hours without charging.

Data:

Android-version: 2.3.3

HTC Sense-version: 2.1

Basebandversion 32.44.00.32U_5.09.05.30_2

Kernel: 2.6.35.10-gdd56551 / [v03]-snq-is-still #1 / Wed Apr 6 2+:26:17 CST 2011

Version: RCMix S v1.3 A2SD+ Bravo HBoot

Software: 2.36.405.8

Per

Guest vfrvulcan

Using InsertCoin Nightly Build A2SD+ v33 from a few days ago, can confirm compass working fine, feels very good and smooth, battery drain very good - would be nice to see an MCR GB+Sense release for our Desires though!