Vega Update in the new tablets!

Guest carl rose

Guest carl rose

Just came from the local PCworld with a new advent vega replacement. Had a great experience in terms of replacement but this is not what this thread is about. After starting to charge my vega I was looking around the builtin apps and could not find the screen calibration. Not that I needed it, just wanted to see why it wasn't there. To my amazement when I went to settings, about, I found out that it has a newer version of the software. It's version 1.10. Does have a few extra options but have not had a proper look because just got it and it's still charging. I will report more once it's fully charged and I get the chance to use it.

Just thought you guys might want to know

Edited by carl rose

Just came from the local PCworld with a new advent vega replacement. Had a great experience in terms of replacement but this is not what this thread is about. After starting to charge my vega I was looking around the builtin apps and could not find the screen calibration. Not that I needed it, just wanted to see why it wasn't there. To my amazement when I went to settings, about, I found out that it has a newer version of the software. It's version 1.10. Does have a few extra options but have not had a proper look because just got it and it's still charging. I will report more once it's fully charged and I get the chance to use it.

Just thought you guys might want to know

Might be a new update for the Advent Vega, but Point of View (European retailer) already has released 1.10

Guest vdubster

Changelog

Version: V1.10

-WIFI driver update

-Better Bluetooth performance

-Touch panel driver update

-Maximum volume adjustment.

Version: V1.09

Update Version : BSP version (10.9.7)

Added: Flash version (20101210_v10.1.120.10_release_signed)

Added: touch panel utility

Version: V1.07.4

This image fixes some issues (such as WIFI intermittent disconnection issue, random lag etc. ) and modified the power button behavior as below.

1.     Press power button 1 time = home button.

2.     Press power button over 2 second = option menu ( power off , suspend , silent , cancel)

3.     Press power button over 4 second = force power off

So, there are 2 ways you can entry suspend mode after modify :

1.     Time out ( setting by end user , default enable )

2.     Press power button 2 second than select suspend item from option menu.

Further changes:

1. Add taskmanager application

2. Added French and German user manual in 3D launcher

Guest premieral
I was aware that it did come out for other rebranded tablets but this one is for the actual advent vega uk DSG model.

Has it got the modified volume control so it now registers over 50% ? that would be worth having :)

Guest carl rose
Has it got the modified volume control so it now registers over 50% ? that would be worth having :)

I'll check for you but I don't quite know what you mean. It goes up to 100 incrementally. Is that what you mean? If not, let me know what you want me to check and I will gladly do it for you.

Guest premieral
I'll check for you but I don't quite know what you mean. It goes up to 100 incrementally. Is that what you mean? If not, let me know what you want me to check and I will gladly do it for you.

thanks for that , On the old(er) roms and the new developed ones the volume gets louder up to 50% but after that although the volume bar increases there is no increase in loudness so effectively 50% is the max level. If yours now gets louder after 50% that would be great

Guest warriorscot

They removed the incorrectly set volume restriction. Not sure if it will actually get louder as volume restriction can't be legally removed it probably just shows the old 50% as 100%.

I don't think there is actually anything in 1.10 that aren't in the custom Roms in one form or another.

Guest carl rose
thanks for that , On the old(er) roms and the new developed ones the volume gets louder up to 50% but after that although the volume bar increases there is no increase in loudness so effectively 50% is the max level. If yours now gets louder after 50% that would be great

I see. Ok, after testing I can confirm that it does go up to 80% incrementally but from 80% to 100% there isn't any change at all. It's not loud, maybe as loud as the old one or a bit louder but cannot confirm that. Like warriorscot said, there isn't anything new of sorts than the 1.09 or other roms and addons we have already. The touch screen is totally different from the 1st batch which was the one I had before. I swapped it because of that and the double presses and other screen issues have been completly irradicated in this revision of the vega hardware. The screen calibration utility is not there on the 1.10. The material of the vega is also different. The edge around the screen where the buttons are was made of metal, now it's made of plastic or even fibre. The vega feels lighter.

If there's anything in the menus new you guys want to find out please let me know and I will look.

Guest premieral
I see. Ok, after testing I can confirm that it does go up to 80% incrementally but from 80% to 100% there isn't any change at all. It's not loud, maybe as loud as the old one or a bit louder but cannot confirm that. Like warriorscot said, there isn't anything new of sorts than the 1.09 or other roms and addons we have already. The touch screen is totally different from the 1st batch which was the one I had before. I swapped it because of that and the double presses and other screen issues have been completly irradicated in this revision of the vega hardware. The screen calibration utility is not there on the 1.10. The material of the vega is also different. The edge around the screen where the buttons are was made of metal, now it's made of plastic or even fibre. The vega feels lighter.

If there's anything in the menus new you guys want to find out please let me know and I will look.

Thank you :)

The material of the vega is also different. The edge around the screen where the buttons are was made of metal, now it's made of plastic or even fibre. The vega feels lighter.

When did you get your first Vega coz I got 2 before Christmas and neither had the metal edge, although one has the double tap issue.

Guest carl rose
When did you get your first Vega coz I got 2 before Christmas and neither had the metal edge, although one has the double tap issue.

About the same time. Just before christmas. Does yours not have it then? I thought it was weird as the design is the same and there was no problems with that. It is definitely different from the first model and that was the first thing I said to my wife once I took it out of the box. The buttons feel different as the material around the edge of the screen is different. The texture has a more plastic/fiber feel to it now, before was solid either aluminium or metal.

Guest Bobby Elliott

What version is Curry's/PC World currently selling? I bought my Vega a few weeks ago. It came with 1.09 and Flash. Is the current version running 1.10 ROM?

Guest carl rose
What version is Curry's/PC World currently selling? I bought my Vega a few weeks ago. It came with 1.09 and Flash. Is the current version running 1.10 ROM?

Yes, I got one yesterday and it has the 1.10 version not available anywhere apparently. There is a version of the 1.10 software available for other tablets by different brands but not for the vega. One more thing I would like to report is on my last tablet the screen on the left, holding horizontally with the camera to the top, was the fault and angry birds was not fun to play as the bird often got released without me letting go as by dragging the finger on the offending part it would loose contact intermittently. The game crashed every time I played and I thought it was down to the tablet itself. I can report now that it was not down to the vega itself but the screen registering multiple touches. Was playing today for an hr or so and no crashes at all. As good as my iPhone 4 if not better due to the large screen. Finally I can enjoy angry birds properly on the vega. :)

Here is the proof

post-398061-1303295152_thumb.jpg

Edited by carl rose

Guest carl rose
Ive got one from currys yesterday with 1.10.

Quite like look of crovus5 rom, but would like to know what .10 brings to the party

I want to install a custom rom to try it out but cannot return to the 1.10 as it's not available to download. Is there anyway of making an image executable?

I want to install a custom rom to try it out but cannot return to the 1.10 as it's not available to download. Is there anyway of making an image executable?

Install clockworkmod and the recovery app using the guide in the stickies, reboot into recovery and do a nandroid backup.

Guest carl rose
Install clockworkmod and the recovery app using the guide in the stickies, reboot into recovery and do a nandroid backup.

Of course, so simple yet I didn't think of it. Do all my backups with titanium as have not got clockwork mod installed. Great idea though, thanks .stu

Guest warriorscot

Ive never had one with a metal edge and I've had two one I got at the end of November and one a couple of months ago just before the update to put the flash back on. There were differences such as the type of plastic but the edge had always been plastic just a different type between the two. The screen on the new one is a bit better as well but barely noticeable. The buttons also feel a little different but my first one was replaced after a broken button so it was obviously something they fixed in newer models.

Guest blueshiva007

Hi,

kindly tell me in detail how to do nandroid backup ?

u said in the stickies, where is it ?

thanks.

Guest premieral
Hi,

kindly tell me in detail how to do nandroid backup ?

u said in the stickies, where is it ?

thanks.

nandroid backup is a full system backup in clockwork mod.

enter clockwork mod recovery and select backup/restore, then backup.