Handbrake settings for 720p re-encode

Guest Mr Paul

Guest Mr Paul

Hi guys,

What are the absolute BEST quality settings the Transformer can playback in hardware.

I'm converting MKV 720p files.

I tried the XOOM preset but its not to good IMHO.

Has anybody found better settings? I have attached my current preset, can anybody improve on it? (as I'm not sure how to use Handbrake tbh)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZHSN338C

Guest GMScribe
Hi guys,

What are the absolute BEST quality settings the Transformer can playback in hardware.

I'm converting MKV 720p files.

I tried the XOOM preset but its not to good IMHO.

Has anybody found better settings? I have attached my current preset, can anybody improve on it? (as I'm not sure how to use Handbrake tbh)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZHSN338C

So far I've found something that encodes in Main profile 3.1 is the best that actually works

Guest Mr Paul
So far I've found something that encodes in Main profile 3.1 is the best that actually works

Can I have a link to said programme and info on how to set your profile please mate?

Guest GMScribe
Can I have a link to said programme and info on how to set your profile please mate?

Freemake Video Converter - Use to 'MP4' HD 720P and this seems to use the Main 3.1 profile from what I can gather.

Apple and PS3 uses the base profile which is lower quality. I can easily tell the difference between base and main but not so much main and high.

Edited by GMScribe

Guest Mr Paul
Freemake Video Converter - Use to 'MP4' HD 720P and this seems to use the Main 3.1 profile from what I can gather.

Apple and PS3 uses the base profile which is lower quality. I can easily tell the difference between base and main but not so much main and high.

So this works ok?

Guest Adam_J

I've used handbrake for several years and not had any issues until trying to re-encode MKV's to MPEG4 for the EEE Pad Transformer. (had some weird double speed playback problems), so decided to try/use Freemake as per your post.

All the device specific (Android/Apple profiles) are there, but the main benefit of this excellent converter is the ability to use Nvidia CUDA which has cut the time taken on my laptop ( 2Ghz Dual Core with Nvidia 9500GS chipset) in HALF!!!! MKV 1920x1080 HD Films were taking around 4 hours to convert and now take no more than 2. Standard definition films now take around 1hr.