20 min meals

Guest Djpuk

Guest Djpuk

Hi guys,

the misses liked the look of Jamies 20 minute meals from the store, for £3 I thought it would be worth a punt.

Anyway it installs fine and runs, just one problem in that it does not sense the vega rotation when going through the steps on a recipe, this means you cannot see the photos :)

I have tried compatability mode on and off, tried using the gmode for the sensor, ensured launcher pro is set to rotate mode, I can't really think of what else to try.

Any ideas or is it just one of those things and it will never work correctly on here?

TIA

Dave

Guest Djpuk
The switch at the top of the vega is orientation lock.

Try switching it?

Thanks,

Zeb

I am in unlocked mode as all other apps that can work fine with rotation, but thanks for the sanity check

Dave

Edited by Djpuk

Guest premieral
I am in unlocked mode as all other apps that can work fine with rotation, but thanks for the sanity check

Dave

It is an issue i emailed the dev team this morning and will let you know if i get a reply :)

Guest newbe5

Dave

It's always best to check just incase! :) Some apps detect orientation incorrectly, this app might actually think you are already in some strange portrait mode. Do you have an Android phone? Does it rotate correctly on that?

Guest Zebrahead

Dave

Sorry if I sounded patronising at all, I had no intention of beings so - I made that mistake myself at first :)

Zeb ^^

Guest premieral
It's always best to check just incase! :) Some apps detect orientation incorrectly, this app might actually think you are already in some strange portrait mode. Do you have an Android phone? Does it rotate correctly on that?

no, the app knows the orientation because it plays videos in landscape and at the part djpuk mentions i.e the description of how to cook the items it is in portrait mode and at this stage it shows you a little phone symbol rotating and tells you to turn your phone if you want to see images with the descriptive text.

obviously not developed very well for tablets :)

Guest trevor432990
no, the app knows the orientation because it plays videos in landscape and at the part djpuk mentions i.e the description of how to cook the items it is in portrait mode and at this stage it shows you a little phone symbol rotating and tells you to turn your phone if you want to see images with the descriptive text.

obviously not developed very well for tablets :)

I would look on the Market for a free widget or app which fixes rotation issues and try them out. I found one to sort the GPS problem out so I expect there must be one that works for your particular problem. Interesting that you are getting a phone icon appearing though ... have you set the user agent setting to Desktop yet?

Guest premieral
Some apps are just built for portrait only, this is obviously one of them

no lennyUK it is switchable on my ipad and iphone, it just seems to be the android version or at least using the android version on the vega that is causing issues, and as i said previously the app knows you may want to switch viewing modes as it tells you to rotate your phone to see images. It is just that rotating, shaking and any other movement have no effect on the app at all.

**** edit *****

have just received a rather lenghty and charming email from somebody called Gemma at the app developers who basically states that this does not work well on some android tablets and they are happy to offer a full refund. they are working on rectifying this however.

she also goes on to say that the app works fine on ALL android phones so just a tablet issue.

Edited by premieral

Guest Lennyuk
no lennyUK it is switchable on my ipad and iphone, it just seems to be the android version or at least using the android version on the vega that is causing issues, and as i said previously the app knows you may want to switch viewing modes as it tells you to rotate your phone to see images. It is just that rotating, shaking and any other movement have no effect on the app at all.

i would bet that the developer has missed something from this when moving it from ios

exactly the iOS and the android apps are completely different, either this was done on purpose or it is by mistake, either way it is still an app issue not a vega issue.

Guest andrewdolphin
Some apps are just built for portrait only, this is obviously one of them

The app is designed to raotate - it just doesn't work!

Guest Djpuk

Thanks all, I guess I will be patient and wait for a fix to come along, it sounds positive that they are aware of the problem at least, other users must have also reported it.

Dave

Guest mintvilla

**** edit *****

have just received a rather lenghty and charming email from somebody called Gemma at the app developers who basically states that this does not work well on some android tablets and they are happy to offer a full refund. they are working on rectifying this however.

she also goes on to say that the app works fine on ALL android phones so just a tablet issue.

Thanks for letting us know, i too bought this app, and found the same thing, i downloaded it on my too and realised what i was missing, at least they are aware of the problem and are on their way to fixing it.