SIM-card

Guest Androiden_

Guest Androiden_

Hi!

I have an Point of View - Mobii Tegra 2 tablet, that's supposed to be the same as this Advent Vega 10". Anyway, on the back of the tablet there is a slot where i can insert a SIM-card. But of what use is it? As far as i know you can't dial with the tablet and 3G is not supported either?

Guest beegee1962
Hi!

I have an Point of View - Mobii Tegra 2 tablet, that's supposed to be the same as this Advent Vega 10". Anyway, on the back of the tablet there is a slot where i can insert a SIM-card. But of what use is it? As far as i know you can't dial with the tablet and 3G is not supported either?

If you search in the forum, there is at least one person who had updated his tablet with a 3G card and he could do this only because the SIM card reader was in his tablet.

The SIM-card reader is somehow an interface between the main board and the 3G card. There are pictures around as well that show this.

And maybe you have even a 3G card in your tablet already. You just need to test. Put a SIM card into the slot, goto Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks and enable 3G and GPS. If you get a signal, then you have a 3G card inside. If not, you have at least the option to buy a 3G card and plug it in.

Guest Androiden_
If you search in the forum, there is at least one person who had updated his tablet with a 3G card and he could do this only because the SIM card reader was in his tablet.

The SIM-card reader is somehow an interface between the main board and the 3G card. There are pictures around as well that show this.

And maybe you have even a 3G card in your tablet already. You just need to test. Put a SIM card into the slot, goto Settings->Wireless & networks->Mobile networks and enable 3G and GPS. If you get a signal, then you have a 3G card inside. If not, you have at least the option to buy a 3G card and plug it in.

Thanks for the answer!

I will try that in the morning, would be great if the tablet had 3G and GPS support! But now before i have tried inserting the SIM-card, there is no menu for 3G and GPS, perhaps that will pop up though when i put the card in?

Im running the latest version of the MoDaCo ROM btw.

Guest beegee1962
Thanks for the answer!

I will try that in the morning, would be great if the tablet had 3G and GPS support! But now before i have tried inserting the SIM-card, there is no menu for 3G and GPS, perhaps that will pop up though when i put the card in?

Im running the latest version of the MoDaCo ROM btw.

You can try as well

Settings->Accounts->Add account->Google, then press menu button. You will see Wireless configuration in the lower bar. Press it and you see the menu for 3G

When buying a 3G card be carefull. My Huawei card has no GPS.

Edited by beegee1962