[The Help Thread]

Guest rickywyatt

Guest dakill

Hello everyone,

tl;dr : i've messed with my phone. it boots, but screen is unreadable. debug mode is disabled, so ADB is useless. can't enable debug mode because, well, screen is unreadable. it seems it can't enter the "fastboot" mode (disabled by the mobile operator maybe?), i've managed only to get FTM mode.. is there any way to re-flash it from FTM mode? i've found the original ROM in the net.

that's how i messed it:

i've got a pretty good problem on my zte racer. I've been playing with various so-called "lcd density changer" and liking the results, but they wouldn't stick between reboots. So i found one apk that was supposed to make the density settings survive between reboots, but now my screen is totally garbled and unreadable. I can unlock the phone but then it reboots itself. The phone starts OK but right before playing the boot animation it mess the screen.

i think the way to go was to get access to the /system folder and eliminate this app entry in init.d or wherever it puts itself in the boot sequence. But, i don't have debug mode enabled, and i can't enable it because i can't get past the password screen.

so, alternative left, reflash the thing. But my device does not enter fastboot mode (vol + and power) just don't seem to do anything. FTM mode works though (vol - and power) . pressing both (vol +, vol - and power) seems to lock the phone up (black screen, no response, computer recognizes it as DFU, as in FTM mode) but i couldn't get any further than this.

Note to the others: Stay way from the "LCD Density Changer" app!!! if you want, use the other ones that change the density temporarily.

Guest dakill

I've succesfully revived the phone, doing a low-level flashing via "download mode", using obscure software and a chinese firmware i've found. Will post details of the procedure soon, may be of use to "unbrick" phones as it is a really low-level flashing.

Hello everyone,

tl;dr : i've messed with my phone. it boots, but screen is unreadable. debug mode is disabled, so ADB is useless. can't enable debug mode because, well, screen is unreadable. it seems it can't enter the "fastboot" mode (disabled by the mobile operator maybe?), i've managed only to get FTM mode.. is there any way to re-flash it from FTM mode? i've found the original ROM in the net.

that's how i messed it:

i've got a pretty good problem on my zte racer. I've been playing with various so-called "lcd density changer" and liking the results, but they wouldn't stick between reboots. So i found one apk that was supposed to make the density settings survive between reboots, but now my screen is totally garbled and unreadable. I can unlock the phone but then it reboots itself. The phone starts OK but right before playing the boot animation it mess the screen.

i think the way to go was to get access to the /system folder and eliminate this app entry in init.d or wherever it puts itself in the boot sequence. But, i don't have debug mode enabled, and i can't enable it because i can't get past the password screen.

so, alternative left, reflash the thing. But my device does not enter fastboot mode (vol + and power) just don't seem to do anything. FTM mode works though (vol - and power) . pressing both (vol +, vol - and power) seems to lock the phone up (black screen, no response, computer recognizes it as DFU, as in FTM mode) but i couldn't get any further than this.

Note to the others: Stay way from the "LCD Density Changer" app!!! if you want, use the other ones that change the density temporarily.

Guest blazer666_uk

Hi

I have just bought a new ZTE Racer which was on 3, i unlocked it and insterted a t-moile sim but internet would not work so I decided to flash the phone with a custom rom, I have had some experience flashing roms as I have a HTC 2HD with Ginger bread 2.3 and Windows Mobile 7 on it.

Just rooted the ZTE it and installed the boot mgr (Mooncake v.2.3-CM)

I have copied numerous ZTE roms to the SD card and flashed them

Each one my phone just gets stuck on the boot screen logo and thats it. I Have left the phone for 30 mins an nothing at all. I can still load up to the boot mgr (vol down on power up)

Can some one help? or is my phone bricked?

:)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hoofprint

how are you going ladies n gents, ive got a ripper problem. i have the aussie version of the racer, i had it flashed with mooncakes build, unfortunalty i lent the phone to a friend of mine and he thought it was a blade, and tried to upgrade it from t1 to t2. the phones dead, no clockwork, no green andriod nothing just turns on the light flashes red and a vibrate every 5 seconds. i can get my lappy to detect the phone. so im wondering if theres a way to flash it via usb. cheers for any help you guys can provide

**edit** just tried that reset phone.rar it completed successfully but still no loader or green andriod.

Hoof

Edited by Hoofprint

Guest raindie

Hi i`m fron venezuela and i own a ZTE Racer but i upgrade it with the [Android 2.3.4] Mooncake v1.113 and my 3g and the EDGE never show up and in the process i've lost my old rom of the back up i'm from Digitel. So anybody can say me one rom with let me use my 3G or anything? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rahulj85

how are you going ladies n gents, ive got a ripper problem. i have the aussie version of the racer, i had it flashed with mooncakes build, unfortunalty i lent the phone to a friend of mine and he thought it was a blade, and tried to upgrade it from t1 to t2. the phones dead, no clockwork, no green andriod nothing just turns on the light flashes red and a vibrate every 5 seconds. i can get my lappy to detect the phone. so im wondering if theres a way to flash it via usb. cheers for any help you guys can provide

**edit** just tried that reset phone.rar it completed successfully but still no loader or green andriod.

Hoof

i am facing the exact same problem..just to add, my phone is still recognizable via dfu and fastboot..funny thing is that when i run fastboot devices, it doesnt show anything, but all commands run successfully..were you able to resolve your problem?

is this thread still active?

Guest Hoofprint

i am facing the exact same problem..just to add, my phone is still recognizable via dfu and fastboot..funny thing is that when i run fastboot devices, it doesnt show anything, but all commands run successfully..were you able to resolve your problem?

is this thread still active?

na i guess the threads dead, ive still got the problem ended up buying another one

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest caki83

I installed 3-4 different apk for call recording but nothing works. The speaking is too slow and the pitch is too low and can't speed up on PC. Anyone have issues?

Guest redhawkuk

Does anyone know if the wifi hardware is capable of adjusting transmission power??

In some situations if you're near a wifi router watching online videos or wifi tethering with a laptop using full power is bad for battery life.

As far as I can tell the command to adjust wifi power is iwconfig wlan0 txpower however txpower isn't a supported command with the stock 2.1 ROM.

Do other ROMs such as Cyanmod provide this capability or is the power fixed depending on the wifi hardware??

Richard S.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kman12041

Could some one please tell me the source form this built image, recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.0-mooncake-gen1

The reason i am asking for the source is so that i can send it to koush and he could officialy support it.

That means that zte racers recovery will be able to be flashed from rom manager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest soulrom

Hi People,

My son's ZTE Racer (Australian) decided not to boot past the green Android screen. today.

I've tried lots of suggestions from this site and all I can get to work is to put it into FTM mode and then it appears under the Windows (7) drivers as "ZTE Handset Diagnostic Interface(DFU) (COM3)"

I looked at and downloaded all sorts of ROMS and fastboot-windows.exe and adb-windows.exe but as this phone has not been rooted or modified in any way the ADB drivers do not load.

I downloaded an unlocking program to my PC that correctly identified the phone and if I just let it boot normally (without Vol+ or Vol-) then connect to the computer I see a modem device which in diagnostic mode identified the IMEI etc, so the phone is working to some extent despite only the Android robot visible on the screen (which then goes to the TELSTRA logo and freezes).

I have downloaded a TELSTRA ROM file found elsewhere in these forums (TELSTRA_P726TV1.0.0B12-update_signed.zip) - this looks like a full filesystem dump.

What program do I use to write the abovementioned file to the phone from only FTM/DFU mode? Or what other programs/roms/action do I need to get/take to recover to factory default?

Despite my searching on this site a critical thing missing is how to unbrick/reflash a virginal (unrooted) phone from only FTM/DFU mode.

BTW it's ok if all data is lost.

Thanks for any help - exact links/instructions would be excellent too!

• 2 weeks later...

hi to all guys... i am new here, i have a big problem with my ZTE Racer phone :(

sorry for bad english :)

When i buy this phone he used Anroid 2.1 but i like to be 2.3 for flash player and etc. I download some ROM from this forum (Mod version on About phone: CyanogenMod-7-06262011-NIGHTLY-Racer) i change it on this first root my phone, second i use clockworkmod and flash this rom. After that my phone work great, but i with some programs who have root access delete some files from wireles directory and some other directories and my problem is now for conections. I cant conect to any internet conection, my wireles dont work, he say obtaining ip address and cant connect, i enable mobile network and anytinkg happend. I download manyaly from PC apk for ROM Menager but i cant flash clockworkmod recovery without conections because i like change the rom and fix problems with conections... help :(

thanks

When i open Recovery Menager i get message "Sorry! The application Recovery Menager (process com.podtwo.RecoveryMenager) has stopped unexpectedly. Please ty again. Button: Force close" :(

edited

i use this

1. Download this file. http://db.tt/hWI840z

2. Rename the file to recovery.img

3. open a command prompt/terminal window and navigate to the location that you saved the file to. c:\path\to\recovery.img

4. type adb reboot bootloader

5. once booted into fast boot, back in the cmd prompt/terminal type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

when its done reboot and then back in cmd prompt/terminal type fastboot reboot.

after reboot type adb reboot recovery and you should boot into clockwork. Make a nandroid and go find a custom rom.

but i still dont have clockwordmod on my phone :(

Edited by Maxyo

where i can find this?

About phone

Model number - ZTE Racer

Android version : 2.3.4

Baseband version: P729BB01

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-perf tigtex #1

Mod version: CyanogenMod-7-06262011-NIGHTLY-Racer

Build nummber GRj22

main_mid-420-90.jpg