help needed please with t-mobile pulse mini....

Guest addjon

Guest addjon

hi all,

i messed with my pulse mini after trying to install some custom rom,for which i followed the instruction as it was described.but now at the end it seems that i don't have any recovery file either and the rom which is installed is"the celestial teapot release 4".when i press any button it usually ask me to force close it,there is no signal either.i did fully format the sd card and then download the t-mobile official 2.1 andriod rom.which is sitting in the sd card,but when i go to upgrade from sd card it stuck on step 1,giving some error

Guest addjon

ok guys some how(after playing a lot with it)i manage to put few thing right but still there are no signal on it,i did check the vpn setting and few other stuff with it but no luck,can any one please tell how to get this fixed?yes i did flash the update as well..

Guest Michael Warner

I bought a Pulse Mini for messing about with a couple of weeks ago when they were £19.99 + £10 top up, so I have probably been through a similar process to you.

First of all, if you want the Celestial Teacup build to work with a T-Mobile UK Pulse Mini you will need to download three files:

1. TCT_RLS4d.zip - Main ROM

2. TCT_tmo_u8110_update_2.zip - to get a mobile signal on T-Mobile UK

3. TCT-market-signed.zip - To get a working Android Market

I tried out most the custom ROMs and this seemed to be the most stable and usable - better than stock but I guess this is mostly due to the much better keyboard & Launcher Pro. They can be downloaded here at XDA.

Personally I have also put on Amon RA Recovery in order to take backups / flash firmware as I find it the best for this device. Just put the phone in bootloader mode (Vol Down & End Call) & call install-recovery-windows.bat (of course, you need to install PC Suite from the installer on the device to get the relevant drivers installed in Windows). Once done, take out the battery or it will stay in recovery forever. Access the recovery mode via Vol Up & Call whilst powering on.

To recover back to T-Mobile firmware, the only ROM I found that did not give an error when flashing was this one. This needs to be flashed through Settings / SD Card & phone storage / Software Upgrade.

I hope this helps! I have put a little more information in here than necessary for you in case there are others who are confused by the process. I don't think there is a resource that explains it all in one place, so I thought i'd register just to type this post :).

Mike

First of all, if you want the Celestial Teacup build to work with a T-Mobile UK Pulse Mini you will need to download three files:

Mike

I didn't need the third file, the market worked fine after the flash...strange???

Guest addjon
I bought a Pulse Mini for messing about with a couple of weeks ago when they were £19.99 + £10 top up, so I have probably been through a similar process to you.

I tried out most the custom ROMs and this seemed to be the most stable and usable - better than stock but I guess this is mostly due to the much better keyboard & Launcher Pro. They can be downloaded here at XDA.

Personally I have also put on Amon RA Recovery in order to take backups / flash firmware as I find it the best for this device. Just put the phone in bootloader mode (Vol Down & End Call) & call install-recovery-windows.bat (of course, you need to install PC Suite from the installer on the device to get the relevant drivers installed in Windows). Once done, take out the battery or it will stay in recovery forever. Access the recovery mode via Vol Up & Call whilst powering on.

To recover back to T-Mobile firmware, the only ROM I found that did not give an error when flashing was this one. This needs to be flashed through Settings / SD Card & phone storage / Software Upgrade.

I hope this helps! I have put a little more information in here than necessary for you in case there are others who are confused by the process. I don't think there is a resource that explains it all in one place, so I thought i'd register just to type this post :).

Mike

cheers buddy,though i already fixed it my rom is huawei,but i really appreciate ur help and may be i need that info in future