FAO Anyone awaiting one from Comet

Guest Scottland

Guest Scottland

Just spoke to Comet regarding my order that was due to be delivered tomorrow. They don't have any stock at the moment, they're supposed to be getting a confirmed date by the 27th April, but as of now my ETA is 9th May.

Not really happy, they shouldn't give you a delivery date if they haven't got confirmed stock really, but nowhere else seems to have stock so I'm a bit stuck. He did tell my some stores in the Manchester area have stock in though if thats any help to anyone :)

Guest chrispazz

EBuyer is still saying on website that they expect items on the 22th of April....

Try to call them to ask confirmation (i am in italy.....)....

:)

Guest redmongoose
EBuyer is still saying on website that they expect items on the 22th of April....

Try to call them to ask confirmation (i am in italy.....)....

:)

They wont deliver by that date....trust me.

They will bump their delivery date just like comet

Guest chrispazz

Do someone knows if with EBuyer is possible to cancel a pre-order in case of delay?

I have made checkout with paypal and they have already debited my credit card....

I hope that i will not need that

Guest Mr.Clark

I tried to cancel my ebyuer order online the other day, but (like their password change facility), it didn't work.

On the other hand, my order has gone from the doom-laden "STOCK WARNING!" in red, to an "order placed" status, with the tablet itself listed as "not allocated".

They claim 33 available for pre-order coming in on May 19th (tablet and dock), but I'm assuming that'll get recalculated after the easter bank holidays influx.

If you want to cancel, I'd phone them, to be honest. Their service and prices are good, but their actual website usability is fairly poor. As mentioned, I couldn't even change my password without forcing an email-based password reset. The normal page just doesn't work. No errors, no anything.

Guest Deus_ex11

One of those 600 has got my name on it. :) I'm due a replacement tomorrow for the backlight bleed one I took back last week. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

Guest gordon brown
My is due on 22 of april so in a couple of days i will know the truth

Well 22nd is a bank holiday in england/wales so unless you are in scotland I would doubt that date.

Guest Deus_ex11
Deus, I was due a replacement tomorrow for back light bleed but got bumped to next Tuesday, hope yours arrives :(

Comet have disappointed me on my replacement, said the van broke down, WTF. :) Anyway I decided I can't wait and got another from ebuyer :) , at the last count there are 9 left, so you better be quick.

I forgot to add, it won't be delivered till Saturday because its Good Friday tomorrow. You have to pay £9 though.

Edited by Deus_ex11

Guest Markteacher
Comet have disappointed me on my replacement, said the van broke down, WTF. :) Anyway I decided I can't wait and got another from ebuyer :) , at the last count there are 9 left, so you better be quick.

I forgot to add, it won't be delivered till Saturday because its Good Friday tomorrow. You have to pay £9 though.

And just had a call from Comet today, my replacement has been bumped again to 3rd May.

Gosh, with all these delays I do hope I remember to put the power cable in the box, would hate to end up with a spare so I can charge upstairs and connect really easily to my pc downstairs :(

Guest leisurefix
Gosh, with all these delays I do hope I remember to put the power cable in the box, would hate to end up with a spare so I can charge upstairs and connect really easily to my pc downstairs :)

I would love to have a spare cable, I have accidentally left my charger and cable 100 miles away, so am having to ration use of my transformer over this long weekend - most frustrasting, at least I have actually received mine though. :)

Guest Markteacher
I would love to have a spare cable, I have accidentally left my charger and cable 100 miles away, so am having to ration use of my transformer over this long weekend - most frustrasting, at least I have actually received mine though. :)

A spare charger seems to be pretty high on the wish list. Looking a the unboxing of the keyboard on youtube, and it seems that you don't get a cable with that either, so you have to double up for charging from the wall, charging from the dock and synching with the pc.

Hmmmmm.....

Guest Deus_ex11
And just had a call from Comet today, my replacement has been bumped again to 3rd May.

Gosh, with all these delays I do hope I remember to put the power cable in the box, would hate to end up with a spare so I can charge upstairs and connect really easily to my pc downstairs :)

I'm still waiting on a call from my local Comet. I called the 0844 number and the guy told me a big batch is expected to arrive on the 27th, so you could get it earlier if you ask them to send the order to your local shop for pick up, but maybe its better not to tempt fate.

If your looking to get one and don't mind waiting for a week or so, Quidco are doing the 7.5% off deal again. The code expires on 27th.

Guest gordon brown
I'm still waiting on a call from my local Comet. I called the 0844 number and the guy told me a big batch is expected to arrive on the 27th, so you could get it earlier if you ask them to send the order to your local shop for pick up, but maybe its better not to tempt fate.

If your looking to get one and don't mind waiting for a week or so, Quidco are doing the 7.5% off deal again. The code expires on 27th.

I emailed comet, was told the same that there is stock coming in 27th and that they were able to bring the order forward from 9/5 to 3/5.

There's another week to go. It ends 29th April. Has anyone had an acknowledgement of their electronic funds transfer?

No. I even emailed them requesting confirmation but still nothing.

Guest gordon brown
There's another week to go. It ends 29th April. Has anyone had an acknowledgement of their electronic funds transfer?

You need to have ordered the pad before 22nd, you can still take up the offer till 29th as long as your actual order was before midnight 22nd.

Guest thewinst
Carphone Warehouse are getting stock in store TOMORROW. So cancel your Comet order and go to Carphone Warehouse instead :(

I agree! :)

I ordered one of the last transformers in stock last week from CPW and it was delivered within 20hrs! :)

Although i still have my order in with comet...and might just need it if we can't revert/hack the OTA update...Grr

Guest thewinst
I agree! :)

I ordered one of the last transformers in stock last week from CPW and it was delivered within 20hrs! :)

Although i still have my order in with comet...and might just need it if we can't revert/hack the OTA update...Grr

Showing as in stock now @ CPW! :(

Guest MonkeyBoy451

I just ordered one from Comet as I heard they got more stock in today - with a 3rd May delivery confirmed.

Hopefully they do have the stock and it'll be delivered as expected.

oh and got it for £360.99 as there's a 5% off discount code: EASTER5 (ends today I think) :mellow: