[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest Snowdan

Was planing on getting a dock soon but no way I'm going to stop using this ROM, so I have read that there was a problem with using the USB ports on the dock in corvus0.5 and corvus had said not having a dock meant he could not debug them (makes sense to me) but I cant find any mention here of where this got to and if they are still not working in Corvus5. Can any one with a dock and using Corvus5 let me know what does/doesn't work?

Thanks.

Snowdan.

Guest dexta211

Hi all, having a problem with setcpu on this rom. I place the text file on the root on the sd card, select the bottom option in setcpu and then it force closes every time. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Guest beegee1962
Hi all, having a problem with setcpu on this rom. I place the text file on the root on the sd card, select the bottom option in setcpu and then it force closes every time. Anyone experienced this?

Thanks

Forget about the text file. Start Set CPU, Select "Autodetect Speeds".

That should work.

In case you did already set it to read from the text file, start SetCPU, press Menu, then select "Device Selection", then "Autodetect Speeds"

Guest BlueDot

Hello all,

I'm having a problem where my wifi access points occasionally get set to "Disabled" after the Vega has been in sleep mode. It's pretty inconsistent as to when this happens. I've done a search but couldn't find anything about this here. Does anyone else have this problem and is there a fix ?

Using Corvus5 with the Honeycomb theme.

Thanks.

Guest dexta211
Forget about the text file. Start Set CPU, Select "Autodetect Speeds".

That should work.

In case you did already set it to read from the text file, start SetCPU, press Menu, then select "Device Selection", then "Autodetect Speeds"

Sorry, figured out what this was, i was using an older version of SetCPU from XDA which it didn't like. I have now bought it from the Market and works perfectly!

Cheers!

Guest BTatHome

Got a small problem. I had the vegacomb beta install last week, and wanted to wipe and start again (as I've had about 5 ROM's in the last week). Anyway went back to original 1.09 version and then to Corvus5 straight after, and when I tried to enter ROM Manager to boot to recovery its reboots and shows the splash screen (android bot with a box and arrow) and then hangs !!!

is there something missing? Any solution for me to correct this so I can get back to using vegacomb.

Thanks

Guest premieral
Got a small problem. I had the vegacomb beta install last week, and wanted to wipe and start again (as I've had about 5 ROM's in the last week). Anyway went back to original 1.09 version and then to Corvus5 straight after, and when I tried to enter ROM Manager to boot to recovery its reboots and shows the splash screen (android bot with a box and arrow) and then hangs !!!

is there something missing? Any solution for me to correct this so I can get back to using vegacomb.

Thanks

sounds like clockwork mod isnt installed which is what you are trying to get to from Rom manager, if that is teh case just install it with vega tools or warriorscot i think set a wireless method up somewhere in these forums, good luck

Lol beaten to it by the master :unsure:

Edited by premieral

Guest wilx01

Great ROM , I love it , the only thing I want to do tho, is to mount a fat32 usb on /mnt/sdcard/usbmount instead of mnt/usbmount, so that I can use gallery or similar to view my photos I've taken on holiday on a USB card reader . Is there anyway for me to change this? If not does anyone know of a good way to browse through photos on USB for previewing/sorting out what to keep/delete quickly, thanks

Edited by wilx01

Guest newbe5
Great ROM , I love it , the only thing I want to do tho, is to mount a fat32 usb on /mnt/sdcard/usbmount instead of mnt/usbmount, so that I can use gallery or similar to view my photos I've taken on holiday on a USB card reader . Is there anyway for me to change this? If not does anyone know of a good way to browse through photos on USB for previewing/sorting out what to keep/delete quickly, thanks

If you want to edit this yourself, you should be able to manually edit /system/etc/vold.fstab and change the mountpoint for that device. However, I have no idea the effects of mounting one mountpoint within another. If this works let me know :unsure:

newbe5

Guest BTatHome

Thanks simonta and premieral, thoroughly ashamed of myself to have missed a most obvious step (particularly after I've already been through all this once or twice already).

Cheers :unsure:

Guest wilx01
If you want to edit this yourself, you should be able to manually edit /system/etc/vold.fstab and change the mountpoint for that device. However, I have no idea the effects of mounting one mountpoint within another. If this works let me know :unsure:

newbe5

Works a treat! Thanks

Guest adamsharpe
Good to know! thanks for the update! I'll remember this for future tinkering :unsure:

newbe5

So are you going to carry on evolving this rom, even though you're living breathing and sleeping VegaComb at the moment?

Guest newbe5
So are you going to carry on evolving this rom, even though you're living breathing and sleeping VegaComb at the moment?

I really hope so! VegaComb is a bit of a passion right now, but Corvus5 is fast, reliable and working. I still have plans to release SP1 as soon as I possibly can, but Corvus is on holiday right now so I'm flying solo and stretched kinda thin :unsure:

SP1 for Corvus5 won't bring HUGE updates, but should include some nice fixes, and other bits that we have put together! Hope to finish it soon guys!

newbe5

Guest wilx01

newbe5

Ah actually its not quite right,

I have changed it to

"dev_mount usbdisk external /mnt/sdcard/usbdisk auto /devices/platform/tegra-echi"

it does mount the partition, and I can get to it by using zmanager... and it appears on the sdcard as "usbdisk"" ( which has the icon of an sdcard which is strange) and I can access all the files on it

but If I go into gallery it say "SD card not mounted or present" .Its as if it sort of thinks this is now the SD card mount or something.

If I use another app from the market called quick pic, this usually opens at the sdcard level, but it now starts at my external usb level and shows me all the files on the external card which also points to the fact that it thinks this is the sdcard mount.. This does however mean I can now browse my photos using this app which is great, but its not quite right

Any ideas? Have I done something wrong?

Cheers

Edited by wilx01

Guest fusiondroid

Although I'm really lookingforward to a release candidate for vegacomb, I love Corvus 5 and would really like to see its continuing development.

Really respect what you are doing guys!

Guest warriorscot
warriorscot i think set a wireless method up somewhere in these forums

Haven't tried adbwireless on vegacomb yet not sure if it will work but will give it a go later maybe but I don't use it much its really a last resort if you can't get the usb drivers installed or are to lazy to hook up the usb. But how to use adbwireless to install cwm should be posted in a few threads so shouldn't be too hard to find but it is pretty self explanatory.

Mounting within a mount usually works ok from my experience of it, fairly common trick to use its useful in all sorts of scenarios I do something similar to get my music CIFS shares to be read into my library.

Guest timik

Nice ROM !!! Installed without any problem.. working well. However MARKET does not allow me to download most of the applications .....

Rg,

Guest gypsy_morph

Hi I'm stuck. I flashed back to 1.09 to install this ROM cleared all data, cache etc then all I get is

-- Installing: /sdcard/Software update/Corvus5.zip

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

E:Can't open /sdcard/Software update/Corvus5.zip

(bad)

Installation aborted

Downloaded from all the mega links on pc and get this everytime. Help.

Guest mudcruzr
Hi I'm stuck. I flashed back to 1.09 to install this ROM cleared all data, cache etc then all I get is

(bad)

Installation aborted

Are you in the UK and using BT for your broadband?

If so, all the megaupload. Rapishare etc. sites are being blocked by BT at the moment, the downloads start ok but finish well short of the correct size.

Newbe5 & Corvus have had to give us an alternate download link for the VegaComb rom because of this. Sorry I don't have a solution for you.

- mud

Guest gypsy_morph

(bad)

Installation aborted

Never mind. I reformatted the sd and tried again works fine.

Guest trevor432990

@Corvus or newbe5

Hi guys ... you may have seen my topic about the new Navfree app for Android which was released recently. Anyway whilst some of our members have been able to load and run the app OK (including me on mck-r2 r7 ROM) others like Mud who was on CM7 originally were not. Since Mud moved to Corvus5 the Navfree app works fine and without adverts and it occured to me that the method you use to block ads appearing might offer the developers a way of investigating where the problem lies. Are you able to tell me how this is achieved so I can pass the info on to them please ? Thanks :P

EDIT:- Mud has kindly pointed out that CM7 is Gingerbread and Corvus5 is Froyo which may explain why there might be potential issues so I have advised developers

Edited by trevor432990

Guest IaMHcG

Hi, hope this question is not too stupid, but what doest it mean by "using back button when boot" to switch to USB host mode?

Does it mean I have to press back button all the time while booting? but when I did that, it just showed the two penguine screen then force shut down. Then I rebooted it, the usb mode was still slave.

I really need to switch to host mode. Can anyone please help me? thanks.

----

Never mind. Just when I posted it out, I found out how. The problem's solved. :P

Edited by IaMHcG

Guest Snowdan

For no apparent reason Android marketplace has stopped working, It opens I see a loading screen for like 2 seconds and it closes. I have cleared cache then data force stopped rebooted and shutdown and restarted, then I restored from titanium backup. Before I do a cwm restore is anyone else experiencing this wondering if its a google thing?

Snowdan