[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest trevor432990
For no apparent reason Android marketplace has stopped working, It opens I see a loading screen for like 2 seconds and it closes. I have cleared cache then data force stopped rebooted and shutdown and restarted, then I restored from titanium backup. Before I do a cwm restore is anyone else experiencing this wondering if its a google thing?

Snowdan

Working OK right now on my old ROM not sure about Corvus5 :P

Guest premieral
hey installed this, but touch screen does not work anymore

any ideas?

many thnks

Reboot and dont touch screen this normally clears it

Guest iemand met een pov

Hi,

I love the Rom on my Point of View Tegra 2

However I bought a Huawei EM770W with UMTS and GPS (Point of view advice) .

I cannot find any 3g settings and GPS is not responding. I read on this thread that Corvus5 rom does not support this card Is this still correct? And if yes, is there an alternative Rom which works well and supports this card?

Kind regards,

Andrew

Guest geoyakult
Never mind. I reformatted the sd and tried again works fine.

Hi, how do you clear cache etc?

As yesterday i installed 1.10 original ROM and then Corvus5. Now i am reading you are supposed to clear cache for a clean install?

Can someone help me?

Cheers

Guest gazmon2424

Hi,

are adverts blocked? cant get the adds to display in the web page, heard this was something to do with corvus hosts file?

can i change it so they display

gazmon

Guest Andi Keane
Hi,

are adverts blocked? cant get the adds to display in the web page, heard this was something to do with corvus hosts file?

can i change it so they display

gazmon

+1 to this with Corvus5 makes my browser lock up and then my Vega , using cm7 at the mo but have problems with the market place not working properly !!! (Getting the feeling I cannot win here)

Any help with any of this would be most appreciated :P

Edited by Andi Keane

Guest jonn sz
+1 to this with Corvus5 makes my browser lock up and then my Vega , using cm7 at the mo but have problems with the market place not working properly !!! (Getting the feeling I cannot win here)

Any help with any of this would be most appreciated :P

makes my browser lock up too but is by far the best rom at the mo just have to live with the occaisional reboot.

Guest SmileyMan73

Silly question but how to I get default wallpaper back on this?

Oh and nice work.... VegaComb is amazing..... Waiting for h/w acel and flash:-D

Guest leosun

flash back from vegacomb 1.5 cos corvus 5 is smoother and more stable. But wifi doesnt work right the moment.Can anyone help?

Guest premieral
flash back from vegacomb 1.5 cos corvus 5 is smoother and more stable. But wifi doesnt work right the moment.Can anyone help?

it seems that when others have been having this problem they have reset their routers which seems to fix it

Guest ZTE_Blade

I am having problems with setcpu stuck at 216 . I have tried all tricks in the forum, profiles, settings.txt etc. I also only have setcpu installed and no other application. Please tell me what should I do? I have tried wiping and reflash but again the same issue.

Update: I just wiped and did a fresh install. No setcpu or other oc app installed. Still getting massive slowdowns

Guest kptnznty

Hi all.

At first page I find:

For enter usb host mode:

Press power button, once display get power (you will see the diference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

For know usb mode:

In Gscript Lite, we only need to create a new script and use "cat /data/var/mode" without quotes and with "Needs SU?" marked. It will return in what mode are we, slave or host.

I had a backup of r8 ROM and I have restored the application for USB Mode which comes in that ROM in this ROM.

I have not yet tested, is it supposed to cause any problem?

Guest Dave Marchant
Hi all.

At first page I find:

For enter usb host mode:

Press power button, once display get power (you will see the diference), press back button and hold until finish booting.

For know usb mode:

In Gscript Lite, we only need to create a new script and use "cat /data/var/mode" without quotes and with "Needs SU?" marked. It will return in what mode are we, slave or host.

I had a backup of r8 ROM and I have restored the application for USB Mode which comes in that ROM in this ROM.

I have not yet tested, is it supposed to cause any problem?

The application for Host Mode that you had in R8 only works in R8. If you use it on any other ROM, it will mess up booting.

Guest eriksp

Newbe5,

I appretiate you work and know you are very busy with VegaComb ant that it is much more interesting. But I have to ask the question - are there any plans to release service update for Corvus5 with bugfixes for the following:

Default overclocking to 1.5

Batterry status not updating (I know you can fix it by deleting the stats file, but it only helps for a while)

WiFi not alway reconnecting after sleep (when wifi is set to off when in sleep mode)

I also would like to share my observations about overclocking - when I use setCPU to set max speed to 1GHz and run benchmarking it gives a result which is much worse than a result with not overclocked kernel. Also there is a huge gap between test results when running at 1GHz and 1.2 GHz (almous 2x difference!). I do not know if this influences real use though.

Eriks

Guest dibbles
Newbe5,

I appretiate you work and know you are very busy with VegaComb ant that it is much more interesting. But I have to ask the question - are there any plans to release service update for Corvus5 with bugfixes for the following:

Default overclocking to 1.5

Batterry status not updating (I know you can fix it by deleting the stats file, but it only helps for a while)

WiFi not alway reconnecting after sleep (when wifi is set to off when in sleep mode)

I also would like to share my observations about overclocking - when I use setCPU to set max speed to 1GHz and run benchmarking it gives a result which is much worse than a result with not overclocked kernel. Also there is a huge gap between test results when running at 1GHz and 1.2 GHz (almous 2x difference!). I do not know if this influences real use though.

Eriks

I imagine that I'm doing something wrong as when I use SetCpu it sees the vrga as a tegra2 machine and the max it allows ovverclocking to on the slider is 1000mhz and the minimum is 216mhz. I would have thought that it would be able to scale in increments up to the maximum this ROM allows...?

The two governors with this kernel are performance and powersave and I have opted for performance.

How do you get SetCpu to see a higher overclocking amount than the 1000mhz it is doing for me..?

Guest premieral
I imagine that I'm doing something wrong as when I use SetCpu it sees the vrga as a tegra2 machine and the max it allows ovverclocking to on the slider is 1000mhz and the minimum is 216mhz. I would have thought that it would be able to scale in increments up to the maximum this ROM allows...?

The two governors with this kernel are performance and powersave and I have opted for performance.

How do you get SetCpu to see a higher overclocking amount than the 1000mhz it is doing for me..?

For overclocking:

Hi I suppose you have followed the instructions in first post

"Method 1:

Put the setcpu.txt file attached in the root of your sdcard and then start setcpu (if you have started earlyer, must press menu and press the left button "device") then select the bottom button (custom freqs) then you can move the slide to 1400000."

and if you have the error you are making is when you launch setcpu you are allowing setcpu to discover the device instead of choosing one. Choose i think from memory the last item on the list and then it will look for teh setcpu.txt file and you will be home and dry :P

Guest dibbles
then select the bottom button (custom freqs)

It was the above bit I was always missing so thanks very much for writing it again as it made me rethink what I was already doing. It now works fine with the custom values used and I can now use 1.2Ghz.

Thanks

Edited by dibbles

Guest xzyk

thankyou for an excellent rom, really working great for me.

Not a criticism, just feedback, the battery monitor fix does not work for me. I did the process as per Corvus's post (the one with the last bit stating drain battery completely, and recharge) but the battery monitor is still not working properly. You have to constantly reboot to keep up with what condition the battery is actually in as opposed to what the notiification icon reports, which is always incorrect.

thanks again.

Advent Vega: Corvus5 with 0.2kernel and update_patch.zip posted somewhere in this thread.

Guest newbe5
Loving the extras in Corvus5 SP1 :-)

Why thankyou!

Oh, yea, I forgot to mention...

Corvus5 SP1 is now available to download! :D

Information in 2nd post of this thread (because I can't edit the first post as it belongs to Corvus :o) :D

newbe5

Edited by newbe5

Guest xzyk
Why thankyou!

Oh, yea, I forgot to mention...

Corvus5 SP1 is now available to download! :D

Information in 2nd post of this thread (because I can't edit the first post as it belongs to Corvus :o) :D

newbe5

Hi newbe5, can you pls add an MD5 checksum so we can check we get a good download please.. thanks for the great work.

Guest eriksp

Newbe5,

Thanks for the update, works great. One observation though - at default 1GHz clock smartbench gives score of about 1700. In original Corvus5 kernel it was about 2900. If I overclock to 1.2 score jumps to over 3600, increase of more than 2x. My gut feeling is that there is something wrong when it runs at default speed. That may also explain why overclock is a must with vegacomb. Just my 2p

Eriks