[ROM] Corvus5 (newbe5 and Corvus teamed ROM)

Guest the_corvus

Guest newbe5
Hi newbe5, can you pls add an MD5 checksum so we can check we get a good download please.. thanks for the great work.

Sure thing :D

MD5 of Corvus5-SP1-Update.zip : 3856D5AD380D3AF76B5C3CBEEF51513A

newbe5

Guest Anton2k

HELL YEA!!!! Thank you very much for this sweet little update, it's even faster, is that even possible! cheers again newbe5 & corvus.

- Anton

Guest newbe5
Newbe5,

Thanks for the update, works great. One observation though - at default 1GHz clock smartbench gives score of about 1700. In original Corvus5 kernel it was about 2900. If I overclock to 1.2 score jumps to over 3600, increase of more than 2x. My gut feeling is that there is something wrong when it runs at default speed. That may also explain why overclock is a must with vegacomb. Just my 2p

Eriks

This is duly noted, something we probably need to look in to, I will do some tests!

newbe5

Guest premieral

Hi newbe5 probably a noob question but the only thing that stops this being perfect for me is geolocation doesn't work, yet it does in vegacomb and cm7? Any idea why and could it be fixed :D

Thanks for all your great work

Guest newbe5
Hi newbe5 probably a noob question but the only thing that stops this being perfect for me is geolocation doesn't work, yet it does in vegacomb and cm7? Any idea why and could it be fixed :D

Thanks for all your great work

This has never worked in Corvus5?

Guest premieral
This has never worked in Corvus5?

No mate maps,weather etc autodetect location in vegacomb and cm7 but not this? Its not a deal breaker but if I could fix it I would be a happy old man :D

Guest ViPaSoft
This is duly noted, something we probably need to look in to, I will do some tests!

newbe5

If it helps any, here are my results, (averaged after 5 runs using CPU Master in PERFORMANCE mode with 216MHz-???).

1MHz..........1657

1.2MHz........3393

1.4MHz........3896

1.5MHz........4162

Using Corvus5 with Corvus5-SP1 installed over Corvus 0.2 Kernel

Guest newbe5
If it helps any, here are my results, (averaged after 5 runs using CPU Master in PERFORMANCE mode with 216MHz-???).

1MHz..........1657

1.2MHz........3393

1.4MHz........3896

1.5MHz........4162

Using Corvus5 with Corvus5-SP1 installed over Corvus 0.2 Kernel

Comparatively, what result do you get @ 1ghz when running CorvusKernel 0.2 using SetCPU to underclock it to 1ghz?

Guest Anton2k

Just a head's up to let you know that flash player isn't working in the new SP1 update newbe5

UPDATE : Flash from the market don't work but the other one does. cant remember what the other one is called gles or summin?

- Anton

Edited by Anton2k

Guest flip.c
Just a head's up to let you know that flash player isn't working in the new SP1 update newbe5

UPDATE : Flash from the market don't work but the other one does. cant remember what the other one is called gles or summin?

- Anton

Hi!

I've noticed that if Dalvik Cache is cleared, then Flash doesn't work. It is still listed under Settings > Appications, but needs to be uninstalled via Settings > Applications > Manage Applications & then reinstalled through Market. This then works ok - unless Dalvik Cache is cleared again & the process meeds to be repeated!

Found this before applying SP1 and has worked each time.

Hope this helps,

Phill

Guest eriksp
Comparatively, what result do you get @ 1ghz when running CorvusKernel 0.2 using SetCPU to underclock it to 1ghz?

Newbe5,

From memory results on CrvusKernel0.2 were very sililar at 1Ghz, eg about 1650. When running the original Corvus5 kernel the performance is as expected (just below 3000) at 1Ghz. Just a wild guess from looking at benchmarks - is it possible that only 1 core is utilised at speeds 1Ghz and below?

Eriks

Guest Theopulus
Newbe5,

From memory results on CrvusKernel0.2 were very sililar at 1Ghz, eg about 1650. When running the original Corvus5 kernel the performance is as expected (just below 3000) at 1Ghz. Just a wild guess from looking at benchmarks - is it possible that only 1 core is utilised at speeds 1Ghz and below?

Eriks

Does Froyo use more than 1 core?

Guest Neilkt

Hi All,

great rom and thanks for all your hard work. I've also noticed a drop in smart bench score now its only 1623 (on standard 1ghz), was a lot faster previous to the lastest update. still runs smooth but does stutter occasionally on a few intense games like dungeon defenders. Is it safe to run our beloved Vegas at 1.4 all the time...or should i clock it to 1.2 to be safe?

Guest agolding
Hi All,

great rom and thanks for all your hard work. I've also noticed a drop in smart bench score now its only 1623 (on standard 1ghz), was a lot faster previous to the lastest update. still runs smooth but does stutter occasionally on a few intense games like dungeon defenders. Is it safe to run our beloved Vegas at 1.4 all the time...or should i clock it to 1.2 to be safe?

ive used 1.2 to 1.4 and its fine,try 1.2 to start off with and see if its quick enough, i imagine its fine.

Guest MikhailM
NEW in Corvus5 SP1

So, a little quiet on the VegaComb front right now, still have some stuff in the works, but I thought it was high time I took a quick break and spent a little time pushing out a small (but good) update to Corvus5. I know a lot of people use Corvus5 as their fall-back ROM while VegaComb is still in the works, and so I thought I should try and show it a little love too (since I really like this ROM, and it's FAST!).

I didn't want to make too many huge changes, as Corvus5 has a good history of being a stable, fast and extremely reliable ROM, and felt that too much tweaking might risk what we already have. So, the changes are as follows:

Added latest nVidia frameworks, and updated some libs to the latest versions to try and work out a couple of kinks.

Fixed the 50% audio issue, volume should now increase correctly up to 100% (and not stop increasing at 50%). This won't actually make the max volume and louder, but it makes the slider work correctly.

Added the brilliant Host/Slave mode indicator to the ROM as standard (made by simonta and pbtw I believe) which has been GRID themed by me to fit in with the ROM.

Newbe

Added a brand new Game/Mouse mode indicator/switcher (made by the talented ptbw especially for Corvus5). This is a great tool and allows you to easily switch between "Game" (accelerometer) mode and "Mouse" (erm... Mouse) modes. The two modes have to be separate due to the way that the libraries within the ROM work, but now you can easily switch Corvus5 into a mode which works perfectly for mouse support, and back again for playing games such as SpeedX. This tool will reboot your Vega for you, so if you are switching to Mouse mode, remember to hold BACK after the app reboots the device to make sure it boots up in HOST mode for connecting the mouse :D

Kernel has been updated to the current VegaComb stable Kernel (based on CorvusKernel 0.2). This brings with it Xpad support, removal of the Blue light of DOOM, and 1.5ghz overclock (but the standard is 1ghz, not 1.5 as with the bug in the 0.2 kernel). It also has the fixed memory management patch which comes with the Vegacomb kernel, to make things just that bit sweeter, and hopefully speedier.

No more need for a manual SetCPU file, available overclock speeds should be automatically detected by any decent overclock application, such as SetCPU, CPU Master or No Frills CPU.

Download Corvus5 SP1 at the bottom of this thread!

If you have issues with the battery indicator not updating, check this thread here!

Ohhh yea baby, 4160 on Smartbench 2011 :D

post-715352-1304591602_thumb.png

To Overclock, there are some free apps on the market that should work fine (CPU Meter for one). OR, you could use SetCPU (which supports profiles etc). SetCPU is a PAY FOR app on the MArket. However, if you are a member of XDA forums, you can download it for FREE from here!

The new theme in all it's glory, created from scratch specifically for this ROM.

post-715352-1304591597_thumb.png

The Autorotate widget. This is ON, meaning screen rotation works as normal:

RotateOn.png

And OFF, you should use this for games like Speedx and Raging Thunder 2:

RotateOff.png

Hope you guys enjoy the ROM, a LOT of work has gone in to this from both myself and corvus.

ADDITIONAL THEMES AND APPS (we do not support these themes, flashing an additional theme AFTER ROM setup will wipe your gmail settings!):

Honeycomb theme created by partner2!

post-715352-1303315516_thumb.png

BRAND NEW! Alternate colour schemes by popular demand!

Choose the GRID that suits you!

GRID Classic

GRID-ClassicStatusBar.png

GRID Red

GRID-RedStatusBar.png

GRID Orange

GRID-OrangeStatusBar.png

GRID White

GRID-WhiteStatusBar.png

Original GRID thread is here!

Special edition Host Mode indicator Widget for Corvus5 by ptbw (this is now included in the SP1 patch below)!

Get it here!

post-798666-1304537661.jpg

Instructions on how to change the images are in ptbw's post here!

Corvus5 SP1 Update (flash over Corvus5, no need to wipe!): Corvus5-SP1-Updater.zip | Mirror: Corvus5-SP1-Updater.zip (MD5: 3856D5AD380D3AF76B5C3CBEEF51513A)

Have fun!

Dear Newbe 5,

First of all thanks to you and Corvus for the fantastic work on Corvus 5 and the update. Works great.

I have one problem, and that is that I need to use an English and Russian keyboard, as one can on all the other roms, including your VegaComb.

When I set the multiple keyobard option in the Settings section with the usual scroll the space key, nothing happens under Corvus 5 - the keyboard stays in English and there is no way it seems to change languages. Any suggestions?

MikhailM.

Guest hicksandhudson
I will add your honeycomb theme to the main post later, the framework layout is the same as Corvus 0.5 (for compatibility reasons) and so the theme you made should already work :D Feel free to test this and let me know, but as soon as I get chance I will add it as an option on my post (if that's ok!).

newbe5

Hi All

Really appreciate the ROM - it's amazing to be able to play Riptide GP with the accelerometer!

I do however have what seems a peculiar problem. I wiped completely and then installed the ROM but now, maybe 50%+ of the time, when I reboot the screen does not respond to touch. The hard buttons work so the only thing you can do is hold down the power button until it switches off then try again.

Is it just me doing something odd.

cheers

Guest mitchb23
Hi All

Really appreciate the ROM - it's amazing to be able to play Riptide GP with the accelerometer!

I do however have what seems a peculiar problem. I wiped completely and then installed the ROM but now, maybe 50%+ of the time, when I reboot the screen does not respond to touch. The hard buttons work so the only thing you can do is hold down the power button until it switches off then try again.

Is it just me doing something odd.

cheers

Dont touch the screen whilst booting, this causes the non responding you describe.

Guest MikhailM
I will add your honeycomb theme to the main post later, the framework layout is the same as Corvus 0.5 (for compatibility reasons) and so the theme you made should already work :D Feel free to test this and let me know, but as soon as I get chance I will add it as an option on my post (if that's ok!).

newbe5

Dear Newbe,

Is there a way to select the standard Android Keyboard in Corvus 5 with SP1? I need to use two languages (English and Russian) and although I have set this up for the Android Keyboard, when I open an application it always will bring up the Tap & Tap keyboard, where I can't readily switch between languages mid sentence. Any ideas?

MikhailM.

Guest le_lutin
Dear Newbe,

Is there a way to select the standard Android Keyboard in Corvus 5 with SP1? I need to use two languages (English and Russian) and although I have set this up for the Android Keyboard, when I open an application it always will bring up the Tap & Tap keyboard, where I can't readily switch between languages mid sentence. Any ideas?

MikhailM.

Long-press on any input field and you will get a popup. One of the options on the pop up will be "Input method", from here you can choose whether you'd like Android keyboard or Tap ‘n Tap Keyboard.

Guest premieral
Anyone having problems with accelerometer on SP1? Riptide GP just goes in a straight line. :D

Yes it does work for me but its erratic and jerky even on speedx

Guest daveleebond
Yes it does work for me but its erratic and jerky even on speedx

have you used the rotate widget thingy to disable rotation?

Edited by daveleebond

Guest danchappers

Hi,

I have an issues whereby my Vega keeps looking the boot animation and then seems to just turn itself off, I cant seem to get into recovery, anyone have any suggestions?

cheers

Guest jonnyspuruk
Anyone having problems with accelerometer on SP1? Riptide GP just goes in a straight line. :D

Yes does not work atall. Have now Even flashed back to Corvus 5 pre. Sp1 which worked fine before but now accelerometer does not work. Any ideas?

Guest le_lutin
Yes does not work atall. Have now Even flashed back to Corvus 5 pre. Sp1 which worked fine before but now accelerometer does not work. Any ideas?

Just tried turbofly 3d and doesn't work whatever way the toggle widget is. The spaceship literally doesn't move an inch no matter how i tilt it.